test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The ravenhill horror (v2.0)

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Hello everyone! I just republished my quest "The Ravenhill horror", a haunted house mystery themed foundry quest.

"Lately some strange kidnappings have been happening around Nevewinter city outskirt farms, some local villagers are saying the Ravenhill family might be behind them, they say they have been acting very strange lately. You decide to go pay a vist to the Ravenhill mansion"

The quest has a main storyline, fights, and a couple of mini bosses. Also, it has some hidden rooms, optional and hidden minibosses, and secret items that can change parts of the quest.

The short code is NW-DODYDFPSH but you can find it if you search for "Ravenhill"

Here are some screenshots:

2gsooyc.jpg

k1xawp.jpg

I'm willing to trade reviews with others who play my quest, please let me know what you think. :)
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'll play again now

1.) I like what you did the entrance.

2.) My response to Cordelia Ravenhill: "I don't thrust you" should be "I don't trust you"

3.) You really put a lot of details in this place.

4.) The objective "Find information on the kidnapped woman" doesn't really fit anymore since you changed it you young girls.

5.) Scarlet Cult Leader also says woman. Was the change to the description and beginning dialogue unintentional? I don't remember this guy from the old version.

6.) "CordelliaRavenhill" should have a space in her name.

7.) Why doesn't Cordellia Ravenhill have red eyes anymore?

8.) Since the end fight is on its own map anyways, it might be cool to add some guard/mob timer based adds.

Edit.) Lydia Ravenhill turned into a demon, the demon version spawned while the normal version was still around. It might be better to add an extra prompt that spawns the demon version and despawns her at the same time. You don't need to put any dialogue as most people won be able to read it fast enough anyways.

Any chance you could review a quest from "The Arcane Conflict"? The later parts could use feedback more but the story will be very confusing it you do that so feel free to do the first one instead.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks a lot for playing through the quest!
    About your points:
    1)thanks!
    2)I'll fix that right away, english isn't my first language so I'm bound to make some mistakes here and there.
    3)thanks again!
    4)You're right I'll change that.
    5)Thanks, also, this guy is new to this version.
    6)I'll fix that
    7)She does, but I'm using the new eye style that doesn't have such bright colors anymore. that might be the reason.
    8) You mean by using timers? I'm thinking in making it so if you kill all the wolves more will come and take their place, so you have to kill the boss without killing her adds.
    About the fight with Lydia, I don't really know how to do it, the fight isn't part of the story (you can find an item and prevent the fight) and I have to spawn the monster on the dialogue branch. I'm still thinking on how to make it more natural.
    BTW did you manage to save Lydia? or did you find the secret miniboss?
    I'll go play your quest in a while now. Thanks a lot for your feedback!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited April 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for playing through the quest!
    About your points:
    1)thanks!
    2)I'll fix that right away, english isn't my first language so I'm bound to make some mistakes here and there.
    3)thanks again!
    4)You're right I'll change that.
    5)Thanks, also, this guy is new to this version.
    6)I'll fix that
    7)She does, but I'm using the new eye style that doesn't have such bright colors anymore. that might be the reason.
    8) You mean by using timers? I'm thinking in making it so if you kill all the wolves more will come and take their place, so you have to kill the boss without killing her adds.
    About the fight with Lydia, I don't really know how to do it, the fight isn't part of the story (you can find an item and prevent the fight) and I have to spawn the monster on the dialogue branch. I'm still thinking on how to make it more natural.
    BTW did you manage to save Lydia? or did you find the secret miniboss?
    I'll go play your quest in a while now. Thanks a lot for your feedback!

8.) That would work good too.

I think you could add another dialogue prompt after the part that spawns the demon version and set Lydia to disappear on that prompt and also set the demon to appear then as well. Just put like a period or something in it since people won't get a chance to read it.

Nope, didn't find any of that stuff. I may play through again though and see if I can.

Thanks in advance for playing mine.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited April 2014
    I can't make the npc diasappear on dialogue because it's part of the story, and story npcs can only disappear when they are complete. :(
    I played your quest and it was fun, I sent you a pm with some c&c :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited April 2014
    I can't make the npc diasappear on dialogue because it's part of the story, and story npcs can only disappear when they are complete. :(
    I played your quest and it was fun, I sent you a pm with some c&c :)

Thanks for playing. I didn't realize Lydia was part of the story during that part.
    edited April 2014
    You're welcome! And yeah I still have to find a way to have the npc disappear at the same time that the enemy appears. The npc can only disappear when the component it's complete. But If I make the enemy appear when the component is complete then it'll appear no matter if you had the secret item or not, and I want it to appear ONLY if you didn't find the item... :P That's why I used appear o dialogue prompt.
    EDIT: I found a way to do it :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Hello everyone, thanks a lot for playing! I just saw my quest got featured, and now it has lots of plays, and lots of comments!
    Thanks a lot for helping me improve on it! I hope others will enjoy it too. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Congrats! It deserved it.
  • klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Congratulations=)
    edited April 2014
    I never thought people would still be complaining that they didn't get any good loot at the end of foundry quests... I thought that everyone knew by now that we authors don't get to decide that...
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I never thought people would still be complaining that they didn't get any good loot at the end of foundry quests... I thought that everyone knew by now that we authors don't get to decide that...

Well, there are always new players, old players who can't/refuses to read and of course, those that live under the bridges=)
  • dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You'd think so, wouldn't you? Of course, I also got a handful of one-star reviews because spike traps are bugged, so go figure.

Anyway, from one featured author to another, very fun quest. It was a really cool investigation sequence, and the stretched, spindly creatures looked appropriately creepy.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
    edited April 2014
    Thanks a lot dtz! I've noticed some people complain because they have to backtrack because they missed some stuff, I guess I should have told it's a quests that requires exploring and investigating. To me, backtracking is a vital part of those quests, I guess some people are lazier than gamers from 10 years ago XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • pantheist84pantheist84 Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2014
    I knocked the finale boss off the map with a push encounter and it glitched out :D