test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Equipment Binds?

ahkmirahkmir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So, I finally reached level 60 (mostly playing solo) and I just started doing epic group dungeons during Dungeon Delves. After several runs through, I finally got a piece of epic loot in the final chest. However, as soon as I pick it up, it is Bound to my character meaning I can't sell it for Astral Diamonds. I see this exact same item for sale in the Auction House which means others aren't having the equipment bound. What am I doing wrong? Is there some setting that I have to change to keep the good loot from binding? I don't see how I can make any Astral Diamonds in the game if I can't sell excess good loot like others seem to be able to do. And No, I did NOT equip the item. All I do is take it from the chest. It's happened 2x now.

thanks in advance

ps - sorry if this is a newbie question
Post edited by ahkmir on

Comments

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is a newbie question, but that's okay. :D

DD chest loot is BoP. However, there is a chance for bosses to drop epic loot, and this will be BoE.
  • ahkmirahkmir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is a newbie question, but that's okay. :D

DD chest loot is BoP. However, there is a chance for bosses to drop epic loot, and this will be BoE.

Thank you. That explains it.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To flesh the answer out a bit. Loot dropped from bosses and subject to need/greed are typically BOE. This is where the things you see on the AH come from. They can be acquired at any time during the day when you beat a dungeon. However, boss drops are random and a fair number of times you'll find 'junk purples' epic items with no set bonus that only drop from that specific boss. Otherwise the boss drops a set piece (based on the dungeon Hrimir will drop boots, Karrundax will drop gloves etc...) or they will drop generic ring, belt or neck items (Berserker's Ring of Cleaving etc...) The expensive items are mostly the set pieces of armor that are considered BIS for a class. An Avatar of War drop will be worth more than a Vigilant Warlord one. The junk purples are mostly worth less on the AH than they salvage for, but there are a few exceptions and you should always check what the low price on the AH and what the salvage rate is before deciding what to do with it. There are few junk purple rings which are worth good AD and a few other items that people want for transmutation. For the rest, rings are usually worth a lot more than belt or neck items.

As for the chest, any 'set' piece of armor or weapon will be BOP as you've discovered. In T1s, there's a fair chance you'll get a piece of blue junk instead, or a t1 generic jewelry piece (which after a recent patch will be BOE). For T2s, you'll get the same thing except that the blue junk will be replaced with a t1 set piece (still BOP) and the jewelry items can be either T1 or T2 but still BOE.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Just to give a little background. Items from chests during the DD were not always BoP, they were BoE. The problem was the dungeon farmers would immediately run to AH with the excess BIS gear causing the bottom to fall out of the prices. Right after the game went live you could equip your character with BIS gear for about 200.000AD because of all the gear and undercutting that went on. There was also the problem of BIS gear being ninja'd by classes that couldn't use it, just so they could sell it. Consequently you character that needed X piece of gear that dropped might not have gotten it even if the drop was something you could use. So to support the market, and keep the AD sink high, as well as trying to dissuade the ninjas, it was changed to BoP. Shortly after this the Salvager was introduced so that you could get rid of BIS gear for you that you had in excess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    FYI, you can also salvage any level 60 epic items that you don't want or need, so you can still get *some* ADs out of them...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    you could equip your character with BIS gear for about 200.000AD because of all the gear and undercutting that went on.

200K? I most certainly equipped characters completely for 100K.

As others said it was BoE in the past but it posed massive economic problems as more gear entered the system than there were characters that needed it. So now the system works that DD Chest Loot is BoP and almost all drops are BoE with a few exceptions.

And as Bioshrike said you can salvage any epic gear that is bound to you that you do not want to keep for at least a modest chunk of AD. Items that go on the Auction House, though, are only from drops from the actual boss monsters themselves and are rolled on by other players.