test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gameclient.exe has stopped working.

tidalwave082tidalwave082 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Almost every time I get into your new event or the que pops up, the game window turns white and windows pops up saying "Gameclient.exe has stopped working" and goes to close it. I never used to have this issue until this event and it is seriously impacting my ability to grind for this 2 day only event. What gives, is anyone else running into this?
Post edited by tidalwave082 on

Comments

• onarogonarog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have the exact same problem and it's really irritating :( Guess I'll have to play ESO instead until the event is over and hopefully the bug disappears with it...
  • tidalwave082tidalwave082 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Now it out right crashed, with that "Oops!" box and everything.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am unable to even get on to play most of the time, I get a "Server has timed out" message.

Even when I do get on, the lag is horrific...

This is only occurring since the last patch.

Steady ping to gateway.playneverwinter.com, with 2% packet loss and a reply time of 250 ms.. Which is normal for here.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • jcranmerjcranmer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    thats ok i make it past the cryptic loading screen to get the the neverwinter one and it freezes on me. i dont even make it to char selection ever anymore
  • psychoseddiepsychoseddie Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jcranmer wrote: »
    thats ok i make it past the cryptic loading screen to get the the neverwinter one and it freezes on me. i dont even make it to char selection ever anymore

I haven't been able to log in at all today. I hope folks who couldn't log in get some sort of compensation for this.
  • sirthanensirthanen Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I keep getting the same message, I try to join a party in the dread ring or sharandar, try to say "Hi" or even try to move to the location of an instance and the message box comes up I get kicked off it happens on all my toons to all 60's so I cant really go anywhere else and I dont want to try a Dungeon as I am annoying 4 other people already on the lairs with dropping out.
  • zyzxex01zyzxex01 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I get the same thing, maybe we forgot to pay for the content or something?!?!
  • zercyxzercyx Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After being Mr. Nice Guy, I got somewhat insistent with the "support" people and finally got someone who knew what he was doing. Low and behold his suggestion worked and I am now back in the game. For those who are still stuck, here's what got me running again.

1) Go to "Options" in the launcher.
    2 )Check "Force Verify" and "Safe Mode"
    3) Uncheck "On-demand Patching" and click "Save"
    4) Press PLAY and wait until the verification is complete (This may take some time.) If the client does not load, exit and re-run the launcher.

I hope this helps.