test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Swashbuckler and renegade evoker.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I've had these two for a while, from CTA and a promotion. Swash is supposed to give you 200 crit and RE do fire damage on taking a critical hit. I have them active, but not summoned as I always have my blacksmith in Pve. When the blacksmith's damage reflect procs there's the "forge fire" message flashed up onscreen. But I've never gotten a proc message from swash or RE, nor noticed any obvious fire damage done to enemies.

So question, do their effects only proc if they are summoned, and THEY take a critical hit, rather than myself, because if so, I'll make the idle, because they're pretty weedy.

Thnx in advance.
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You might have noticed an effect pop over your head called "Bloodfire". That'd be the Renegade Evoker's ability. I'm not sure what the Swashbuckler's ability is called, but it'd proc at almost exactly the same time as the evoker's. Active bonuses (which these are) don't require a companion to be summoned. Just active.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    So question, do their effects only proc if they are summoned, and THEY take a critical hit, rather than myself, because if so, I'll make the idle, because they're pretty weedy.

Unless it says "affects companion" active bonuses apply to you. If it does say "affect companion" then it applies to any non-augment companion that is summoned and not just that particular companion.

Last I checked the evoker's active bonus worked. Never really bothered to check the swashbuckler's active bonus though. It is just enemies don't crit much. However if they are broken, then submit a bug ticket.

Also evoker is a drop from Valindra's Tower, not a promotion. The illusionist is the promotional companion.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, so these two might be useful in the new open world pvp, though not so much in pve, because of the low AI enemy crit rate. Good to know.
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited March 2014
    got both companions they bot work bloodfire from renegade evoker does arround 500-1000-1500 dmg i dunno exactly how is modified or from what

and the swashbluckler ability i think it doesnt have a name but or an icon im not sure exactly but i tested myself i let 1 mob hit me till it crits and the active bonus works p.s made it epic and gives 600 crit rate
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, so these two might be useful in the new open world pvp, though not so much in pve, because of the low AI enemy crit rate. Good to know.

Its very good when a TR uses duelist flurry.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Excellent news. Just got a wererat from drake seals, so now I can poison people too. Happy days. Along with the blacksmith people will be scared to hit me. :)

I suppose the last slot will have to be an ioun stone. Though I'm guessing they won't stealth if I do..?

I'm also guessing that the RE's damage will be based on his pow stat, so empowering him, even though he'll be unsummoned, might be a good idea...
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I'm also guessing that the RE's damage will be based on his pow stat, so empowering him, even though he'll be unsummoned, might be a good idea...

The active bonus shouldn't be effected by his power stat, but I haven't done any testing.
  • Options
    majorlazer13majorlazer13 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have these companions and they do indeed proc their passives even if not summoned. They are just so low value and almost useless that you will never notice the difference. Please refer to your combat log to see the procs. It does happen, just very low utility until purple rank unfortunately. Just like 99% of NW companions :-(
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Ok, dumbass newbee question alert: how do I access my combat log ..?