test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

add kick vote to PVP

amazoncheesecakeamazoncheesecake Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PvE Discussion
Perfect world needs to add the ability to kick people from PVP. During two matches yesterday and four matches today we had 1-2 players on our team that were in other zones. They were able to be in our match and still adventure in the other zone that they were in. Items kept popping up during our matches making us have to choose need, greed, or pass. Being down 1-2 players is hard enough during a match having items pop up blocking your view makes it 10 times worse.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lol that's an old bug that was fixed long time ago, seems like it's back again :p
  • bushitsubushitsu Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    No because its pvp match, fix year old bugs and we dont need kick option in pvp
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bu****su wrote: »
    No because its pvp match, fix year old bugs and we dont need kick option in pvp

Which has zero relevance to the matter. Whether its a bug or not isn't even an issue.

The only problem here is for whatever reason (bug or not), there are players in the party that don't contribute to the match, and even hinder it. The quickest and easiest solution is simply getting rid of the players through a kick. Simple as that.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    And people will abuse the kick vote like they do in pve
  • hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Kick can be abused so I would have an auto kick if they are out the match for too long, if they stay in spawn to long or go afk the later i think already exists in pvp if it has not been removed.
  • irdillonirdillon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited March 2014
    Perfect world needs to add the ability to kick people from PVP. During two matches yesterday and four matches today we had 1-2 players on our team that were in other zones. They were able to be in our match and still adventure in the other zone that they were in. Items kept popping up during our matches making us have to choose need, greed, or pass. Being down 1-2 players is hard enough during a match having items pop up blocking your view makes it 10 times worse.

For sure, rendering leaver penalty worthless since I can just vote kick out 2 then leave. Why not suggest removal of leaver penalty?
  • irked01irked01 Banned Users Posts: 91
    edited March 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Which has zero relevance to the matter. Whether its a bug or not isn't even an issue.

The only problem here is for whatever reason (bug or not), there are players in the party that don't contribute to the match, and even hinder it. The quickest and easiest solution is simply getting rid of the players through a kick. Simple as that.

Yes so when a player who is playing doesnt meet up to your expectations or standards you can kick them.... Yes that wont be exploited at all.....

BIG FAT NO ON YOUR IDEA....................
  • irked01irked01 Banned Users Posts: 91
    edited March 2014
    hoofit wrote: »
    Kick can be abused so I would have an auto kick if they are out the match for too long, if they stay in spawn to long or go afk the later i think already exists in pvp if it has not been removed.

Only problem with this is now your FORCING people to die over and over against those teams that are so good they camp your spawn area killing anyone who jumps down. This is a game which is supposed to be fun, getting killed with 0 chance of survival is not fun....
  • iliveforpvpiliveforpvp Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I would love to vote kick people xD any player using a stupid rotation would be GONE!.. Stupid pugs.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    If they can kick people out of dungeons, then why not PVP?

Its not like there is a big loot at the end
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I would love to vote kick people xD any player using a stupid rotation would be GONE!.. Stupid pugs.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why we should never have a kick option in PvP. The subset of people who haunt it habitually will abuse it ceaselessly, because they are such pleasant and worthwhile individuals.
    edited March 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    This, ladies and gentlemen, is why we should never have a kick option in PvP. The subset of people who haunt it habitually will abuse it ceaselessly, because they are such pleasant and worthwhile individuals.

I'd vote kick you :) all day baby!
    edited March 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »

So why have that option in dungeons then
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Apparently nobody gets the concept of a "vote".

If four people agree that you need to be kicked, its either;

(a) You're really that much pathetic that everybody is convinced you're better off gone
    (b) The other four people are in cahoots, and for some weird reason want to kick you out and purposefully make it a 4v5 which in all likeliness, will lead to a defeat
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • rittzbitzrittzbitz Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I'd love to vote kick in PvP. At least then I wouldn't have to get frustrated over stupid behavior.
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Apparently nobody gets the concept of a "vote".

If four people agree that you need to be kicked, its either;

(a) You're really that much pathetic that everybody is convinced you're better off gone
    (b) The other four people are in cahoots, and for some weird reason want to kick you out and purposefully make it a 4v5 which in all likeliness, will lead to a defeat

rather than a vote-kick, since there is no new people joining i think a surrender vote will be far quicker.
  • kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think a reasonable solution to this problem is something like a Ready-Check that can be issued by any player in the party. If someone does not respond in time then they would be assumed AFK or disconnected and kicked from the group. A normal vote-kick would lead to far too much abuse imo.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So why have that option in dungeons then

Because dungeons have different rules. You can always get another player in. In PVP you can't, once someone leaves he leaves a vacant spot for the rest of the match.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Or.. get this, people could communicate nicely in a civilized way, without jumping on others who may not have the same skill and knowledge base.

and, gulp, while we are at it, we could also not spam stupid insults on channels.. (IM GWF BEASTZZZZ you suckksss hard man, even if your a squishy I soooooozz owned you hardz.)

You know, really intelligent communication like that, which generates large amounts of interest in the game. Believe it or not, you actually WANT people to stick around.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah...no.

Match is about to end,
    I'm leader in points,
    I get vote kick by jerk who wants to finish first,
    2 other players are fighting an are about to die they just want the popup off their screen, they click yes,
    I get no Glory.

No thanks it's enough we have a term for "Last Boss Kickers" already don't need "PVP last second kicker".
    edited March 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Yeah...no.

Match is about to end,
    I'm leader in points,
    I get vote kick by jerk who wants to finish first,
    2 other players are fighting an are about to die they just want the popup off their screen, they click yes,
    I get no Glory.

No thanks it's enough we have a term for "Last Boss Kickers" already don't need "PVP last second kicker".

^ yeah. As funny as I think this would be, it's a terrible idea. Especially with the blue item for being 1st having actual value and people who just want their AD. It would be a complete mess /:

Although, whoever said surrender vote, I agree. Would have to be 4 of 5 to surrender though.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ^ yeah. As funny as I think this would be, it's a terrible idea. Especially with the blue item for being 1st having actual value and people who just want their AD. It would be a complete mess /:

Although, whoever said surrender vote, I agree. Would have to be 4 of 5 to surrender though.

I think it should be majority, 2 players left only 3 remain can't surrender anymore... also as long as you surrender and the other team does not have to accept your surrender on majority... cause you know...everybody has honor even just a little.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Or.. get this, people could communicate nicely in a civilized way, without jumping on others who may not have the same skill and knowledge base.

"PVP" and "civilized" are mutually exclusive.
  • fusshupefusshupe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A kick vote in PvP...
    That seems like a really great idea. I mean, PvPers are such a lovely bunch, to whom the concept of griefing is completely alien. Thinking that PvPers would abuse a kick vote more than PvEers is like thinking that open world PvP leads to maxed out characters haunting the starting grounds, who would come up with something like that?

In other words, no. The reasons why this is a horrible idea are just too obvious.
  • tricksterknighttricksterknight Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2014
    A kick vote in pvp sounds like a terrible idea ,, can you imagine the bull**** people will pull on newer players and undergeared players tsk tsk noone ever thinks about them. People never think about the consequences to their ideas.

Ok lets say some newer person gets into the match ,, has a low gear score because i mean some people actually have to work for their stuff, the rest of the match has lets see ,, Mr Sentinal GWf with a perfect plaguefire , or a perfect vorp ,, lightning what ever ,, Rank 9s ,,, full on BIS gear, CW with the same type setup, HR combat build running everything perfect, GF or whatever then the lowbie dude with 9 or 10K gear score who gets kicked out because the team deemed them useless pfft , elitist abusing powers ... thats what would happen with a vote kick in pvp, same as it does in Epic dungeon runs,, which happened to me yesterday at the end on CN run. so I can imagine what pvp voting would pull off.
    edited March 2014
    I don't think Neverwinter has the community to make a feature like this work
  • trterror1trterror1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    irdillon wrote: »
    For sure, rendering leaver penalty worthless since I can just vote kick out 2 then leave. Why not suggest removal of leaver penalty?
    The leaver penalty is already worthless since people can just log out in the match
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, let me get this straight. People are joining PVP in a Pick Up Group. Find out that the group has someone who could be weaker/stronger than them, thus causing them to lose/ cause them to get lower ranking. After finding this out they then want to vote kick them out of the match. The whole time complaining about the lousy matching in the PUG. Here is a nice easy and KISS solution, that requires no work on behalf of the developers: QUIT JOINING PICK UP GROUPS! There your problem is solved, just go find you a team that you find acceptable, then click join que.

I have been in a PVP where the other team had 56 kills to our 0 and won with their 1k to our about 20 I think. Meh, leave group que up again and go for it. No sense wasting breath or energy complaining, it is not like I lost anything other than a few minutes of my life. I have yet to have the privilege of being on the other side of that but I have won some that were clearly blow outs, it happens. If your group is THAT important to you, then go make a party and que up that way.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think this is a terrible idea.

Why are there so many obnoxious, sociopathic juveniles in PvP? Nowhere near all of them, of course, but enough to really spoil what is meant to be a fun game.

I thought the whole idea of a game was to have fun. I've been saving chat logs recently as I could not believe the infantile drivel they were coming out with, especially the other level 60s. I would post them here for all to see (anonymised, of course) but I think I'd be be banned from the Forum for profanity and abusive language. I don't suppose sending the logs to the company would help?

Some level 60 even tried to kick a level 46 out of the recent Defend the Temple CTA for being "too low level", like it even matters! I voted NO and luckily most of the team agreed with me. We were ALL level 60 except the level 46 TR. Hell, I went through there with 3 lvl 60s, a level 58 and a level 5, and it was great fun. He just could not draw any threat and it was great fun looking after him if he got caught in an AoE. Why deprive another player of joining in due to some rancid and rank egomania trip? No one tried to kick me when I was level 20 going through the last one at the Orc Assault - these arses MUST have been PvP players. People in dungeons, especially with my 5th and 6th alternates for AD farming, are usually decent, friendly people and we have fun and use the chat for role-playing in character. Some people I have chatted with do not even know what role-playing is, and when I mentioned AD&D, they thought I was talking about Astral Diamonds!

Gygax would be turning in his grave if he saw some of these buffoons in action!

I took a screen shot of the score board after some of these recent rants, and one time the guy Infant Tantrum Raging was last in our team except for the Guardian who got disconnected, and another time he was actually last. The most recent we were soundly trounced as we were hopelessly outmatched and just got stunned every time we left the camp fire. The Infant Tantrum this time was coming from someone saying we all sucked and should not be ruining his game with 9K GS instead of 15. I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. Is it really all about crunching the numbers?

No, absolutely not. A kick vote would be diabolical. Better, would be to have more balanced and even Team matching, otherwise it's not a match, it's a mis-match. I only do PvP for the Daily AD, and after two months I happened to have 9000-odd Glory so I bought an armour cuirass. I do not care if I win or lose as long as it's fun - and winning or losing by 30 points is fun. Win or lose by 950 points is no fun at all.

They could easily have more balanced matches by matching Teams with similar gear scores. Anyone changing gear once inside the arena gets auto-kicked, loses 1000 Glory and gets replaced. So they'd vote to kick them selves.

Then it would be more down to skill and experience, rather than gear and luck.

~
  • fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    The bugs need to be addressed directly and should simply not happen.

Other than this is a Kick option only suicide for a team. Once you kick a player will you not know when you get a replacement and also have no guarantee for the replacement being actually better than the player you have kicked. All while the towers keep ticking their timers... It is just dumb.

What might be a good idea is a Surrender option, where a team can surrender to the other team to speed up a losing match. If all players on one team believe they are about to lose then a vote should succeed and the other team gets to win faster. Everyone can move on quicker onto a next match without silly trading of towers or idling around at the camp fire.
    Stay frosty.