test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game keeps crashing

devildevil21devildevil21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
This game looks epic to someone that didn't play it yet, but someone that already has, only thinks "pff, not worth it" (That's what I THINK).

I try to join a dungeon/krimish/pvp queue. game crashes, I got to attempt to start game 9 to 10 times and than I can finally join the game, but still not able to do any of those i've mentioned above because my game crashes.

ofc it has his pros, but lots of cons. I love this game, I love the game being in 3rd person, we being able to do almost anything ingame, but how can I do "anything" in game, if I keep getting crashed every **** time I try to join a dungeon/krimish/pvp?!?!??!

Tried all the solutions and nothing worked. I still crash.

So if there are any solutions that you have done to fix this, please let me know so I get a way to fix it, since idk if supports will EVEN answer me. --"
Post edited by devildevil21 on

Comments

• cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    what are yours sys specs? Are drivers updated? Did you tried reinstalling it (game)? Did you scanned your PC with any sort of AV?
  • devildevil21devildevil21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    what are yours sys specs? Are drivers updated? Did you tried reinstalling it (game)? Did you scanned your PC with any sort of AV?

Didn't tried reistalling the game. Drivers are updated. I scanned my pc yes.

My sys specs (gona put all since idk what oyu mean with that [i'm portuguese and idk some things]):

Operative system (I am running on low and off and minimum settings): Windows 7 ultimate 32 bits (6.1, compilação 7601)
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Directx: DirectX 11
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Two questions and an answer:

1) How old is your computer?
    2) Have you ever erased the hard disk and reinstalled Windows from scratch?

If your computer is older than one year, and you have not erased the hard disk drive and reinstalled windows from scratch within the last six to eight months then your problem is MS Windows Registry Corruption, because MS Windows slowly "eats itself alive" over time. (It could be bad sector blocks on your hard disk, too).

The answer is (and I know this is painful, but will prevent crashing and many other things, including speeding up your computer): back-up your data (user-created files). Reinstall Windows by formatting the disk first. Then reinstall your apps (including Neverwinter), then restore your data.

Problem solved.

If your computer is newer than a year old, you might want to contact the store you bought it from and have them troubleshoot your problem. In either case the cause of the problems you are experiencing sound like they are coming from your computer, not Neverwinter.
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=9751 <-- this may help (darth panda post)
    also if your graph card can support DX11 well check if you have it in game options (options-> video -> video/graphic card and choose that with DX11)

edit: angrysprite lets not get into "format C:/" conclusion too soon ;)
    edited March 2014
    Two questions and an answer:

1) How old is your computer?
    2) Have you ever erased the hard disk and reinstalled Windows from scratch?

If your computer is older than one year, and you have not erased the hard disk drive and reinstalled windows from scratch within the last six to eight months then your problem is MS Windows Registry Corruption, because MS Windows slowly "eats itself alive" over time. (It could be bad sector blocks on your hard disk, too).

The answer is (and I know this is painful, but will prevent crashing and many other things, including speeding up your computer): back-up your data (user-created files). Reinstall Windows by formatting the disk first. Then reinstall your apps (including Neverwinter), then restore your data.

Problem solved.

If your computer is newer than a year old, you might want to contact the store you bought it from and have them troubleshoot your problem. In either case the cause of the problems you are experiencing sound like they are coming from your computer, not Neverwinter.

Well, my computer is 7 years old (it belong to my uncle), and i don't format my disk at almost 1 year, maybe 7~8 months... ._.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, my computer is 7 years old (it belong to my uncle), and i don't format my disk at almost 1 year, maybe 7~8 months... ._.

Yeah, it's probably due for some "maintenance" - though submitting a ticket as Cloud990pl suggested is a good idea, too. I know it's a pain in the neck to "rebuild" a computer, but if you do, you'll have a lot less crashing headaches (with any app, not just Neverwinter) and it will even run a little bit faster, too.

I wish you the best of luck at getting it resolved, we want to see you in game! :)
  • spaceguerrillaspaceguerrilla Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've been having this same issue...it's beyond frustrating...The game only seems to crash when I accept PvP queue and it attempts to zone me in. When I relog, if I choose to load back in without safe login it crashes again. No idea what to do to fix this...I submitted a ticket several days ago. They finally got back to me tonight asking me to force verify files. I've had that selected since it first started.

System is only a year old. Gfx card drivers are up to date. I have not re-installed the game in its entirety yet. My system is clean of viruses.
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, it's probably due for some "maintenance" - though submitting a ticket as Cloud990pl suggested is a good idea, too. I know it's a pain in the neck to "rebuild" a computer, but if you do, you'll have a lot less crashing headaches (with any app, not just Neverwinter) and it will even run a little bit faster, too.

I wish you the best of luck at getting it resolved, we want to see you in game! :)

I submitted a ticket. The answer was to I go do force verify in the game. That made me wait 3~4 hours and still it keeps crashing in pvp. I'm not a pvp lover, but I like to do pvp sometimes, instead of only pve.
    edited March 2014
    I've been having this same issue...it's beyond frustrating...The game only seems to crash when I accept PvP queue and it attempts to zone me in. When I relog, if I choose to load back in without safe login it crashes again. No idea what to do to fix this...I submitted a ticket several days ago. They finally got back to me tonight asking me to force verify files. I've had that selected since it first started.

System is only a year old. Gfx card drivers are up to date. I have not re-installed the game in its entirety yet. My system is clean of viruses.

Same is happening with me...... It's so annoying ;_;