test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lesser Bonding Runestone

ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
Did I somehow miss this in the patch notes. Found it tucked away in the Zen store on the preview server:

6QfVKHc.jpg

I think the idea is cool. Gives people a reason to consider a non-augment pet.
"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
i7TZDZK.gif?1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    so does the effect stack with multiple runestones?
  • ramenspaderamenspade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wonder that too... and does it give both power and defense? normaly both stats should be listed under the same line like the rest of the multi stat enchants like brutal/savage/cruel.
  • krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And I guess it can be upgraded? And only available through ZEN market? Bit of P2W if you ask me.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    ramenspade wrote: »
    I wonder that too... and does it give both power and defense? normaly both stats should be listed under the same line like the rest of the multi stat enchants like brutal/savage/cruel.

I'm guessing it gives power on offense slot and defense on a defense slot. 520 overall stats on a single slot is off the charts, considering a rank 10 radiant enchantment gives 300 power.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't want to speculate too much on the actual mechanics yet, because it's obviously unfinished.

I'm going to assume that it'll be changed to offensive slot for power and defensive slot for defense. But the idea of granting stats to a person from a non-augment pet is pretty interesting.

I wonder if ranking it up increases the bonus of the stats granted. At 20%, it's not super compelling, but if it was 40% then 60%, you're making a strong case for using non-augment pets again. I've also noticed over the last few updates pets seem to be doing a better job at flanking targets and moving out of the red, so we could get to a point where non-augment pets are viable. Which would be very cool, IMHO.

Anyway, the main reason I posted this was in hope of a Dev response clarifying the Rune and their philosophy on companions.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1