test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Ice Gear and Lack of Diversity

domjotdomjot Member Posts: 19 Arc User
With new content being added that will only work if you have the new Black Ice gear it essentially makes all previous T2 gear obsolete.
I would much rather in addition to the new Black Ice gear would be to have Black Ice Infused gear where you could use a combination of Black Ice crafting and armor crafting to basically make an existing T2 armor set into a Black Ice version of that set. Giving the armor the Black Ice dmg resistance, and a bit of tenacity. That way people can keep the gear and set bonuses they like without everyone being pigeonholed into one armor set.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nukainotasnukainotas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't agree with OP.

There are looks and there are stats.

With transmute you can have a looks of any gear you like.

And we all want better stats, Black Ice gear provides that.

As a result you have better stats and the looks of your choice.

So at the end do you really care how the set of stats is named, be it a "Black Ice" or "High Vizier's"? :)

More important issue that i see with Black Ice gear - at least for my class (TR) there is way too much armor penetration on it.

With full Black Ice equimpent + Gemmed Exquisite Shirt and Pants i am almost at the arm pen cap (24% resistance ignored).

So my two artifacts with armor penetration (Lantern and Thayan book) and my dread ring 250 armor penetration boon (alternative is 3% deflect severity, which is worthless to me) i will be well over the armor penetration cap.

While this is probably good for PVP, but for PVE it will be a waste of stats.

I really hope they change something and take away some armor penetration from Corrupted/Purified Black Ice gear, adding more recovery instead.
  • cooljinxcooljinx Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree with the OP, the Black Ice gear is clearly designed to replace all other existing sets while offering a questionable choice of non-varying stats and the 4 pcs bonus only useful in the new zone. The OP mentions nowhere the gear looks, by the way.