test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

# of targets

venerable4bedevenerable4bede Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Temple
So what is the max # of targets for the various AoE attacks? Its there a link that could be referenced?

I wish that we could get more hits on some of our spells - perhaps maybe at the cost of using it in divine mode. Its frustrating to have a mass of 20 monsters and see such little damage pop up. It would help DC's to stay useful at higher levels.

Chert Yeastbottom
Post edited by venerable4bede on

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, as many as an arcane singularity can pull. Searing light will... *hurt* them...
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    For most spells it's 5. Divine searing light, however, is 25 or so (woo splash damage).
  • jezwirajezwira Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Isn't searing light the one that is almost impossible to aim correctly in order to get the most damage out of it? Thing should just do damage on a straight line ffs
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, I never use it because honestly I can be vastly more useful to the party by buffing/debuffing with DG, but if you fire it into a sing'd pack of monsters it makes for some lovely numbers.

(if you want to test, run the 50 hulk challenge foundry and fire it into the hulks)
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The only time I mess with Searing Light is while kiting adds in FH. It wouldn't be a bad power if they made it a template like the CW Sudden Storm or the Fighter's Frontline Surge. As it is, it's something to use when leveling a new cleric. If you are in a situation where you are just fighting (finding yourself as a second cleric in a party) it might be worth slotting for use inside a Sing, but I've never tried it.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I stole a point out of flame strike to play with searing light. regardless either are just situational . Its a either/or kind of thing, you can bring either additional damage or additional buffing. Without a CW SL is worthless however, even chains or DL will bring more damage without someone grouping them all together for the most part. Since neither of them are worth more then just casting DG around, I go with DG as well, provide some DPS/Buffing to the group seems more beneficial in the end.. really love to do it on the GWFs and TRs but anyone will do.
  • spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    jezwira wrote: »
    Thing should just do damage on a straight line ffs

That's exactly how it works...
    edited March 2014
    Requires a target, though, which I think is the point.

I.e. if you've got a load of dudes heading toward you, you'd LIKE to just lay down a template in a line through them, but instead you have to aim at one of them.......and then sticky targeting decides you'd like to aim at one of the dudes on the periphery, searing light spaffs off to the side and only hits 3 monsters. Then you swear, punch the table, and pick DG like you should've done in the first place.
  • scozzersscozzers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    It's basically Lightning Fury from diablo ii ... except with a hit limit and no where near as many combat scenarios (moooo!) to make it at all valuable.