test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pvp trials without split or foxes

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
Well, in anticipation of the coming nerfs, I thought tonight I'd try out pvp without split or fs. I substituted fast shot and boars.

15k hybrid btw. Offense stats fairly even around the 2k mark, pow 3.5.

4 games played (live, not preview).

With my old arsenal, in pug, I'd usually rack up 10 to 15 kills and die about 2 or 3 times. Tonight, kills fell to about an even 6 or 7, and deaths up to about the same, even with boarshide extra protection.

I tried to 1 on 1 gwf and gf basically to see if I could kill them with the same ease as with my old set up. Hmm. Okay so I'd volley with hindering, disruptive, and hindering again, then MR in, boar knockdown (usually, more than 50% fail btw. Though that could just be unfamilliarity with the encounter, dunno) then try to aim strike for the bleed tick in place of fs's multiple hit, and if possible hindering strike before ME out for a repeat, or stealth.

That was the plan anyway. Did it work..?

Eh. No, not really. I could get them down to almost zero, but, well, almost is not enough. I'd be down to almost zero too, sometimes they'd kill me, sometimes, lol, they'd run away. And worse, I'd be out of ammo, and not be able to finish them off. Without fox, I lacked the killer move basically. Nearly every time I watched one disappear out of range, or was waiting for a respawn I knew that if I'd been running with my usual encounters, that guy would have been dead and buried a rotation ago, and I'd be off to find something else to kill.

We are going to struggle after the nerf goes live.
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• Options
    goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Pvp trials without split or foxes ?

Bear Trap ? Pffff I want stun for HR since I play it...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    And just seen the nerf to stormstep too. Great, I have a bunch of recovery to amp up stormstep, and depend on a heavy encounter rotation to create high dps, against a single target, so the loss of 1.5 seconds will even nerf the 1, 2, 3 hs/ds/hs volley I use as a softener before I MR in for the serious damage.

This knocks out all the key points of my build. Ironically, the splitshot nerf I could have laughed off, it figures very low on the pvp rotation, but the rest, fatal. I hope to great atheismo I can salvage some kind of combo out of the new pathfinder stuff, but looking at it, and the options... I dunno.
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Disrupting + Ghost, Marauder + Constricting + Hindering, Aimed + Rapid.
    Eagle/Lone/Pack as necessary. Skilled Hybrid may benefit from Serpent.

Post-patch, Pathfinder's Action.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, that's the best loadout I think, two sweeps, 2 cc + damage, gap close. Might go for electric shot, just for the spam the ground anti-tr at will, because fshift was good for spamming on cap when a tr was bothering me. Serpent instead of stormstep... I want my mum.
  • Options
    budiubudiu Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well... tbh since the new paragon will come out with the nerfs, id prefer to test the new skills that will come out.

instead of going current setup hehe
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Of the new stuff the throw trap/ambush sounds the most interesting, but then, if I wanted to do TR stuff, I'd have rolled a TR. I dunno, I'm hoping for a big hitter to replace foxes, otherwise I'll be playing a character with not much ability save to be able to dash up to an opponent and gently tap on their armour before dashing away again with a totally inappropriate laugh.

Haha..!

Either way, with the stormstep nerf, I won't even be able to do the whole dash/tap/escape combo as often as I used to, lol, fear me, I am an HR, you just wait till my aimed shot warms up, then you'll see...

...wait for it...

BOOM !!!

Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, it didn't crit.