What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request: Threatening Rush overwork

2»

Comments

• billprescottbillprescott Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    twstdecho wrote: »
    You're comparing their at-will with your stamina mechanic. They aren't the same thing. You have (slightly diminished) CC abilities, and at-wills. Use Ray of Frost if he wants to block attacks, let it break down his guard meter without wasting your powers. Once his meter is down (or he's frozen) hit him with some CC and put some distance between the two of you. Hug objects to interfere with his at-will.

As far as balance goes, old me might have agreed with you. New me tends to look at balance differently. Balance doesn't necessarily mean that every character has an equal chance up against an equally geared member of another class. As a CW, maybe a GF/GWF SHOULD be a class you need to be extra careful with and call for help if you find yourself going up against them 1:1. That doesn't confirm imbalance in and of itself.

^ this times 1000. Theres always going to be a "rock, paper, scissors" of classes. Doesn't mean rock always breaks scissors. Just be happy that they don't always break scissors, and scissors can still cut paper.
  • spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't agree with OPs idea of charges. It's an at-will. Personally I think it should just be replaced for GWF's with something new and leave it with the GF's (they actually need it). But I guess we will have to see what balance changes they have in store.
  • majorlazer13majorlazer13 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dnosrc wrote: »
    Threatening Rush and Frontline Surge should never have been given to GWF ...

Dude you ain't kidding. In 4E there are so many paragon/heroic paths....why'd we have to share this one? Totally unbalanced. Aside from that-OP is wrong. The intercept ability is a must for GF's in PvP. I need this tool to be able to move around as a GF. It does not provide a ton of damage nor is it that reactive once used (Cannot use other abilities for awhile after use). Also, I would like to point out-the NW dev team nailed this one in terms of 4E rules. This skill behaves EXACTLY like 4E rules would state. I encourage you to read up on the ablility and you would see this is not overpowered or altered for this game at all. In fact if anything, it falls a little short in range so you should be thankful we cannot charge farther whilst using it.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    you are going to see class balance changes coming with module 3. whether this will be the OP doesn't present anything other than a question and very little substance...

How noble of you to actually leave a thread open for discussion, I'm sure one of you guys will change your mind later.
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What makes people keep whining about this at-will is it works so perfectly on GWFs:
    - Fast animation - checked
    - Gap closer - checked
    - Spammable - checked
    - Damage resistance Debuff - checked
    - Great damage - also checked thank to GWF's weapon dmg
    How to describe an IV GWF with threatening rush? A road roller with a nitro-booster engine.

In my opinion, make it have a slower animation like Rogue's gloaming cut then everyone will be happy.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How are you going to suggest a nerf to an AE mark for GF with a straight face?
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    utuwer wrote: »
    In my opinion, make it have a slower animation like Rogue's gloaming cut then everyone will be happy.

Except GFs, because we are slow enough as it is.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.