test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best way to change keybinds

ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I started a new character and, after some days of playing, have an artifact and mount. But the keybinds are DIFFERENT from my older (lvl 60) characters. I didn't really notice the change in keybinds until after I got the mount and tried to 'mount up'.
For the old characters '6'=mount and '7'=artifact. But the new character is '3'=artifact and '7'=mount, but my fingers are used to '6' for the mount so I've been consuming POTIONS ('6' being a potion key now) because of this difference.

Anyway, I saw some posts from last year saying to export the keybinds (for a character you like) to a file, then import said file to the character(s) needing different keybinds. Is this still the only/best way to change these troublesome keybinds? My thoughts are what happens to the secondary artifact keybinds since I would be exporting a keybind file from an old (pre-Artifact) character.

Since it's only a handful of changes I'm hoping this can be done entirely through the Esc->Options->Keybinds path.

<edit>
OK. I should have tried all this before posting. Rather than sleep like I should I went in-game to experiment. I was able to change the keybinds of my new character to match what I'm accustomed to. The Esc->Options->Keybinds route appears to have worked just fine........I'll see tomorrow if they 'stick' between logons.
My apologies to all.
>/edit>

Comments

• tryglitrygli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you manually change the keybinds you need to renew all 5 of those, if you don't some may not work. I don't know how much you're set in the current keybinds, but I changed the keybinds of my older toons to the new standard setup so I didn't have to change them on new toons.