test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just a few questions...

xdamned4lifexdamned4life Member Posts: 95
edited March 2014 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Just have a few questions to ask before I make a purchase at then Zen Shop.

Can cosmetic items from the Zen shop such as Sun Elf Noble's Regalia used among multiple characters, traded back and forth to each one when wanting to use it.

And for the dye packs, it says x4, however I just wanted for to make sure of if it was four of each bottle from that pack or maybe if there's four uses with every one use assigning the desired colors to whatever it is that you want dyed.
Post edited by xdamned4life on

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Except for mounts, Zen store items are just for the character, not account wide unlocks. The fashion items are BOE. Once you equip them, they are character bound.

A dye pack is an item that applies a specific color to each slot on the item. You get four packs, enough to apply the dye pack to four items. You have no choice in how the dye is applied.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The clothes are single use, bind on equip items. You can buy them with one character and pass them around, or even sell them. Up until the point you actually wear them. Then they bind to that character exclusively.

As far as dye, you will get 4 single use bottles. For the dye packs, that means you can dye 4 complete items. For the single color dye bottles that is 4 applications. So if you want to dye the primary, secondary, and accent slots all with the same color. That would take 3 uses for just that one item. Purchased dye bottles do not bind, so they can be traded, passed around, and even split up, or sold if needed.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ZEN Store will state specifically if an item is Character Bound or Account-wide. For the record: Mounts are account-wide. it is also safe to presume *everything else* is Character-Bound once equipped (once you use it). This is also true for all wardrobe packs. so Noble Regalia - once unboxed, will be bound to that character. (Note: you can buy in the Auction House, too - often less expensive than Z-Store).

The only exceptions are the items that come in the option premium packs: Hero of the North; Knight of Feywild - those wardrobe outfits are account-wide.

As for Dye Packs: there are single dyes - these are a single color in a "bottle" and when using it, you choose which item you are dying, then you can choose which part (highlights, main or secondary portion). However, a Dye Pack is themed, and each bottle automatically colors all three portions (highlight, main and secondary) - all you choose is which clothing piece to color.

One bottle for one piece; One bottle for Armor, one bottle for bracers, one bottle for boots, one bottle for [whatever you choose]. If you want to really deck yourself out (cloak, boots, bracers, armor, helm, primary weapon, off-hand weapon, belt) you might need more than one pack.

EDIT: I see that Jaded..., sorry, wrong thread (-cough-) I mean Sockmunkey was busy writing as I was! LOL
  • xdamned4lifexdamned4life Member Posts: 95
    edited March 2014
    Guessing then there's no way around the whole bound when equipped thing huh? Can't even mail it to my @Handle like other items...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not if you equip the piece. You can buy the set, equip one or two pieces and mail (or sell) the rest. My main CW has the wedding dress top and bottom but I sold the veil on the AH.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Being bound is a permanent lock. There is simply no way around it or to undo it.
    edited March 2014
    Well, how about if I had got the Moonsilver Regalia set that comes with the Knights Of Faywind, I was told that those robes were account-bound.

It says here binds on equip for the wikia, so I'm just wondering if you get a set on every new character or if you can message the robes back and forth with your @handle.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, how about if I had got the Moonsilver Regalia set that comes with the Knights Of Faywind, I was told that those robes were account-bound.

It says here binds on equip for the wikia, so I'm just wondering if you get a set on every new character or if you can message the robes back and forth with your @handle.

As I've said above, all Wardrobe items purchased in the Zen store are bind on equip (locked to the character), and only one unit per character (cannot reclaim this - you buy one and only one, becomes bound to character if equipped) - but that the Hero of the North and Knight of the Feywild packs (Moonstone Regalia and Moonsilver Regalia) outfits are ACCOUNT-BOUND, meaning those outfits can be reclaimed again and again (even on the same character, though I don't know why you'd want to) - they cannot be transferred to another player, including alts (but the alts can get them from Reclaims Agent in PE)
    edited March 2014
    I know how infuriating it must be for to have to repeat yourself twice thinking that the person had not got it the first time around however I had completely understood what you had said the first time,
    As I've said above, all Wardrobe items purchased in the Zen store are bind on equip (locked to the character), and only one unit per character (cannot reclaim this - you buy one and only one, becomes bound to character if equipped)

It was just this,
    but that the Hero of the North and Knight of the Feywild packs (Moonstone Regalia and Moonsilver Regalia) outfits are ACCOUNT-BOUND, meaning those outfits can be reclaimed again and again (even on the same character, though I don't know why you'd want to) - they cannot be transferred to another player, including alts (but the alts can get them from Reclaims Agent in PE)

That I had inquired about to see as they were account-bound that they may be able to be transferred from character to character or that you may redeem the robes on each character, now that I have my answer however, you have my thanks for your assistance and patience for putting up with me. :P
This discussion has been closed.