test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, how do I Cleric? (at 60)

boomerryboomerry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Temple
Hey everyone. I'll be hitting level 60 in the next couple of days with my Cleric, making him my first 60. I've got a couple questions about what exactly I should be doing after that. My goal is to do PvE content, as I'm not really interested in PvP at the moment.

First off, are there any specific (and cheap) items I should be looking for on the AH to give me a quick boost? I'd like to feel like I'm contributing when I run dungeons.

Speaking of dungeons, what is a good dungeon-running build? I'd like to focus on healing/buffing, and am not really interested in tanking or DPS, but I'll do whatever I need to do to be useful. I've only run a handful of dungeons during the leveling process, so I'm not sure if my current spec will work well or not.

Also, what dungeons should I start with? I have no idea what the dungeons in the various tiers are or what my gear score should look like going into them. Is it fine to start doing dungeons right away, or would it be better to do some of the Dread Ring/Sharandar campaigns first?

Thanks!
Post edited by boomerry on

Comments

• chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Get started on Dread and Sharandar boons asap. Get geared up in all blues at least, cheap on the AH. Get all rank 5 or better enchantments, all cheap on the AH at rank 5. Do dailies for AD. Try to get in on some of the T1 Dungeon delves, especially Cragmire Crypts and Cloak Tower, to get started.

Don't worry about dps or tanking, but do worry about survival. Heal/Buff is the right focus imo.

Crit works for healing same as damage. Not a bad investment. Lifesteal is a waste, as you don't dps. Defense and HP are good. Power is good, Recovery is important too.

My staples are Astral Seal, Brand of the Sun, Sunburst, Astral Shield, and Daunting Light which I swap for Healing Word in dungeons.
    I use Hallowed Ground and Flame Strike for my dailies.

The feats are big time important, and not all do as advertised. You do want one and ONLY one point in the feat that applies cleanse. I'm sorry I'm not in a position to look this stuff up right now, else I'd like to give some links.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • baylen76baylen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maybe google for Kaelac's DC guide on Laggygamerz, it offers all-around solid advice.

A good initial investment would be a purple level 60 epic symbol, even if it's a few K AD on the AH it's effectively free as the cheap ones go for salvage value.

Dungeon order of attack: CT (runthrough), CC (runthrough with minor boss room coordination), Idris (Have someone tank her on stairs) and finally Mad Dragon with some help. Run them in this order until you have the High Prophet setpiece from each. Its set bonus is good and its stats are, too, for a fresh DC. Ah, HP works all the way really.

Aim primarily for Recovery early on so you can shave off some seconds off your encounters, and extra defense while learning the game is always good. Try SB, FF, AS as an early game dungeon loadout, alternate divine Astral Shield and divine Forgemaster's Flame on bosses. A buff loadout becomes more viable later on when your groups have higher GS. Generally, trow Astral Seal at-will around merrily and whatever other at-will you prefer, BotS would be my choice. Hallowed Ground for main daily power.

Feat allocation can be tricky indeed without reading, it would also depend on whether you went human or other (like sun elf). Points in cleanse got better when the cooldown was reduced.
  • boomerryboomerry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the tips guys!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Blues are next to nothing now.. you can get full set of blue 60s for 1000 ad or so, go for what gives defense first, power, hit points, recovery the crit second, dont put alot of time in it, they are meant to be temporary, dont spend lots of money.. since post pvp patch, blue market is next to nothing, you should be able to find even the best blue items for 100 ad or less.

Second on epic purple, this will be the best use of 10k you can get(Dragon Eye Symbol or Formain Totist Symbol, both are around that price) these are good enough for you to use till you can get ancient royal or better.

Your not going to be tanking early on, but a 2k defense is going to be the best thing running the early t1s.

Mad Dragon is hard, especially for a group of sub 10s, its actually harder then the T2 Pirate King, you can skip , unless you get a group of higher GS poeple to run with.

High Prophet is the best of the t1 sets hands down, it provides a group buff that is one of the best in game, go after that first.

Read Kaelics guide (google Laggygammerz DC guide, I think it pops up that way) its VERY useful, even if you dont follow to the letter, it will give you all the basics you need to start with.

Get in a guild and run the GG events, you can go sub 10 on FC runs , you wont get the best PVE sets in the game, but you have a easy chance of winning shards/t1 drops in here, if your lucky you can score fairly big for such a easy dungeon run (you can do 4 of these in 30 minutes)

Overall running a cleric in DDs is still fairly fun on the PVE side of things. Remember your just not their to heal, your primary function is to buff/debuff, while healing.