test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Observations After a Long Hiatus

skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello everyone,

So I left the game shortly after sharandar came out, waiting for the server merge, then just got interested in other things. Came back recently. I have noticed some things that make me wonder about the maintainence of the game. When it first came out it was pretty nice to look at, but now...a lot of things are screwed up.

These are just little things ive noticed, but they speak volumes about how they maintain the game.

1. Burping dwarf is missing his ale mug.
2. Digging dwarfs mug floats below his hand
3. Some quest markers are in the npc's crotch. Sharandar envoy for instance.
4. Mobs invincable because they are next to walls.(happens a lot in hotenow)
5. Have to position perfectly to loot a node, some nodes not lootable at all after many attempts.
6. Chests that don't let you loot them. you go through the animation, but nothing happens.

I have also noticed the difficulty has been dropped a lot on single player boss encounters. HR is the first character I played ( i have 1 of each to 60) that did not die until 60 in an epic dungeon. Skirmishes are just time now, no real challenge, and this is from someone who is in greens and a few blues.

The game is fun, no doubt. It just seems like it is getting old and not really being maintained. The examples I gave are only the tip of the iceburg of what I have seen leveling up a new character. It's like they forgot about the lower level stuff.
Post edited by skalt112 on

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    3 -This is an issue with a lot of NPCs, I've seen it more with vendors than quest givers.
    4 -This is definitely an issue. Often, you can pull them out of the wall by moving away and they'll leash to you. It can be a really bag bug in the Garrundar the Vile skirmish when mobs spawn in the ground and the quest won't progress until they're killed.
    5 -Usually this is due to collision issues. Most likely they never get reported due to be minor issues.
    6 -I've only seen this in epic dungeons. The two triggers for the bug that people have suggested are people leaving loot in the chest (need greed bug) or people opening the chest while the lid is closing. They need to get rid of the need/greed for chest items as it only triggers on unidentified blue/green items that really no one cares about.

A number of the lair boss encounters have been greatly toned down (scalefather, scoundrel's retreat and rime hound in particular) However the HR is pretty powerful while leveling and player skill counts for a lot. I've leveled up multiple characters solo and neither of them died much at all. Frankly I don't think skirmishes should be challenging. They generally give no real reward unless you do them during the event.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    skalt112 wrote: »
    It just seems like it is getting old and not really being maintained.

Really? They've added a ton of post-60 content since launch, including new races, a new class, and new paragon paths, not to mention post-60 character advancement via the campaigns. Plus, take a look at what's on the table for the next module:

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3034893

To say this game isn't being well maintained is a pretty ridiculous statement.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

Maintained != expanded
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Really? They've added a ton of post-60 content since launch, including new races, a new class, and new paragon paths, not to mention post-60 character advancement via the campaigns. Plus, take a look at what's on the table for the next module:

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3034893

Adding new stuff is not maintaining the old stuff. I never said they were lacking adding new stuff. Perhaps they are neglecting one for the other.
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "6. Chests that don't let you loot them. you go through the animation, but nothing happens."

My premade friends and I finally nailed this bug down in epic dungeons(hope Cryptic is aware of it). They are both related to voting on loot that dropped on the ground. The "no sparkles/cannot loot" is caused by: if you vote on a loot that dropped on the ground you won't be able to loot a chest until your group finishes the vote. If one person just sits without voting you will be locked out of chest until they vote. The open and closed is slightly different, but also will clear when everyone finishes voting on the loots currently available for vote.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't think an NPC missing a beer mug is high on their list of priorities.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited March 2014

That's a shame. It's like not cleaning your house because you are spending all your time trying to get people to visit. Then when they get there they are like.....**** this house is a mess.
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why wouldn't it be? After all, they changed the duergar's skin tone from warm grey to a more cool grey.
  • Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Several things I've noticed and that should be taken care of, fixed, and / or adjusted. Just an FYI I also run a lvl 60 Ranger Elven 13.2K GS.
    1. I agree with the skirmishes at the lvl 60 range.
    A. Mainly Dread Legion, not challenging at all, nothing more than an AD Farm event.
    B. Master of the hunt at least presents a challenge for those who are new to the lvl 60 "Grind" for gear and content and has a flow of tougher and somewhat more challenging then Dread Ring.

2. Skirmish Drop Rates.. I have been playing Neverwinter for over 3 monthes now.. have yet to see anything of any potential value to my character drop yet. Isn't there supposed to be an Artifact or some kind of pet drop chance? Havent met anyone who has won one of these from Dread ring or Master of the Hunt.

3. Bugs - Caverns of Karrundax
    A. Last mob group before first boss (don't remember her name off-hand). This group of the fire elementals and the 1 giant there is bugged. We have cleared this group of mobs numerous times and immediately after the last mob is killed (regardless of which one) 4-5 of the fire giants IMMEDIATELY spawn which is not supposed to happen as far as i know.
    This started happening within the last week. Any group I have run with in the past at this particular point have never had this happen until recently.
    Last time i thought, once you clear a section of the dungeon of any NPC mobs, they are supposed to stay dead, not respawn 4-5 larger more difficult one immediately afterwards.

3. Looting node issue as well, primarily in Chasm map zone, and Mt. Hotenow. there are still several locations within these 2 maps that I cannot loot the mithral nodes nor the other kit nodes.

4. Havent had any problems with chests yet
    5. Burping dwarf thing.. could care less

6. What I think would help and or should be fixed, and or changed
    A. To many NPC's walking around in the Enclave. 85% of the NPCs in the Enclave are nothing more then a nuisance. Their like zombies that wander aimlessly and don't have any usefulness in the game. They just wander around wasting bandwidth on the players end and as well as the server (10-20 server channels x 50+ NPC's= wasted bandwidth). Not only are they wasting bandwidth but when I'm trying to mail items, one will walk in between my character and the mailbox, which pushes me bank and cancels and/or causes my mailbox not able to work, Forced to jump directly on top of mailbox or nearby crates just to keep from be interrupted while trying to retrieve my ingame mail. PLEASE REMOVE AT 1/2 OF THE Zombied NPC's!

B. The Epic Dungeon are meant to be challenging i do understand that (Just putting that out there as an FYI, which i love good challenges) But.. at some point there does need to be more consideration for lower GS scored players for this. Reduce some of the mobs that spawn during some boss encounters to adjust for these players who are under 10-11K GS geared players. This doesnt mean make the encounter easier, the bosses themselves are extremely difficult even for some 13-14k GS teams, just asking for the consideration of the lesser geared grps.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dyeslee wrote: »
    3. Bugs - Caverns of Karrundax
    A. Last mob group before first boss (don't remember her name off-hand). This group of the fire elementals and the 1 giant there is bugged. We have cleared this group of mobs numerous times and immediately after the last mob is killed (regardless of which one) 4-5 of the fire giants IMMEDIATELY spawn which is not supposed to happen as far as i know.
    This started happening within the last week. Any group I have run with in the past at this particular point have never had this happen until recently.

Last time i thought, once you clear a section of the dungeon of any NPC mobs, they are supposed to stay dead, not respawn 4-5 larger more difficult one immediately afterwards.
    It's always been that way and it does it in the normal version as well. Most parties skirt the base of the rocks and run into the corridor leading to Pyraphenia's room, then killed the archons that aggroed and followed them.

B. The Epic Dungeon are meant to be challenging i do understand that (Just putting that out there as an FYI, which i love good challenges) But.. at some point there does need to be more consideration for lower GS scored players for this. Reduce some of the mobs that spawn during some boss encounters to adjust for these players who are under 10-11K GS geared players. This doesnt mean make the encounter easier, the bosses themselves are extremely difficult even for some 13-14k GS teams, just asking for the consideration of the lesser geared grps.
    Offhand, except for Gray Wolf Den (which is because she spawns adds herself), the adds in the boss fights are the only thing challenging. Even bosses with dangerous attacks like Hrimir telegraph everything to the point where bad luck and lag are the real things that might kill your character. I would love to see less adds in the fights, but they'd have to tweak the bosses or they'd all be facerolls for halfway competent parties.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    skalt112 wrote: »
    **** this house is a mess.

This indeed seems to be the case, and it's a shame for such a nice game too.