test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF : need of some fix

firstookamikazefirstookamikaze Member Posts: 48
edited March 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Hello dear GF,

I hope you are not all gone lol.

Could be great to have a feedback about what worst issues GF are actually facing.

Need your own feedback in order to attract dev' (yes i believe)

THIS is not a debate about "want to be OP as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> class" or "nobody want me on her team" : only feedback about what worst issues who make you not enjoying your GF as you want"

My own feedback :

Gameplay :

- I got "knight valor" , an encounter skill supposed to allowing me to protect my team : but in fact if i use it i will just die

- I have many thing to do as tank and i feel Effect i apply are too short so i always have to choose between keep these effect up on target or doing something else (moving, guarding, using encounter)

- I feel not so much durable

- Shield is near useless, and my shield quality doesn't change the amount of hit i can block

- Flourish : PARANGON encounter who deal less dammages than all other, can miss target and got a very long animation.

- I gain AP when i hit, tooltip said "when deal or receive dammages", in fact i don't receive ap when i take hit, it's more logical for me to gain when i take dammage.

- T2 set 4pcs bonus don't help me to tank better

Bugs

- steel defense does not immune me for a full 5 sec duration

- Vilain menace does not protect me against some bump/stun

- Soulforged enchant does not work if i die from knight valor

- Temporary hp from steel guard vanish immediatly after end of animation

Other

- why GF Share same class forum than GFW ?
Post edited by firstookamikaze on

Comments

• ravenkkinravenkkin Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hm,worst issues? on gf everything sucks,the list is to long. I had 19+k gf,and I tried so hard to make him work.For months I worked on him and got him stone of might(epic),lev 9-10 ench,GPF,all arm sets,3 epic artifacts,and with all that in groups he was reduced to wearing just one armour (KC) and being a buff bot.even with kc I could barely find group.
    but now I have 13k gwf,and he is so much better.he can tank he can hold aggro,and most of all he can really dps.
    So what does GF need? he needs to be GWF.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All I want is more threat generation (Lots more) and more ability to survive massive quantities of it. Other than that, I've no complaints. I love my GF and always will.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All I want is more threat generation (Lots more) and more ability to survive massive quantities of it. Other than that, I've no complaints. I love my GF and always will.

GFs don't have issues. They have subscriptions.

1) No real role in high end dungeon. Dungeons are designed so that you don't need a tank, and thus, you don't want a tank.

2) LOLish damage, even at conqueror spec.

3) Minimal mitigation advantage over other classes. Arguably, worse than the GWF.

4) Hilariously slow animations for shield block, rendering it a poor avoidance mechanic.

5) Avoidance mechanic kills our mobility as opposed to enhancing it.
  • zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Our Tab Power is the worst. why don't they just put villains menance in our tab. the GwF have it why can't we
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    GF is still a joke in PVE.

If you are doing really well that only means the rest of your team sucks. In any ideal team set-up there is 0 spot for a GF when comes to max efficiency.
  • evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Animations are still ridiculously slow. There is a 1 second delay after pressing Villains Menace before it even starts to animate, let alone become active. It always gets interrupted and then I am chain knockeddown to death unable to use VM or Fighters Recovery because that too is slow as well. Golems in FC knockdowns go through VM and the shield.

Shield is useless and breaks too easy and the class is too slow that everyone can get combat advantage on you easily and go past your shield. How about the ability to instantly turn 90 degrees so we can actually defind ourselves.
  • gfalconiogfalconio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    for me gf need improve thread and resistence/block drain for masive adds. in pvp no complaints... well last pach skills lost push distance xd.
    PVP GF Sword Master Dominion Champion :3
  • esb704esb704 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    GF can never be a killer like GWFs/CWs, and Ds are made in such ways tht GFs are not even needed anymore...tht's the sad truth :( In short Cryptic needs to show more love for GFs :)
    edited March 2014
    esb704 wrote: »
    GF can never be a killer like GWFs/CWs, and Ds are made in such ways tht GFs are not even needed anymore...tht's the sad truth :( In short Cryptic needs to show more love for GFs :)
    I honestly think that they will never fix GF.I have been waiting for months for a fix.That last GF "buff" didnt change anything.
    They could just give me 2 swords and I would go dps.at least I would have a place in party.
  • krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ravenkkin wrote: »
    I honestly think that they will never fix GF.I have been waiting for months for a fix.That last GF "buff" didnt change anything.
    They could just give me 2 swords and I would go dps.at least I would have a place in party.

Lately that idea is around my head too...if this meta is indeed what the devs wanted, GF may not be possible to fix...

Also, the silence around the whole issue is DEAFENING.
    edited March 2014
    yeah,I think that they CAN'T fix him.the only way to "fix" GF is to make him dps with the shield.
    couple a days ago I tried to get in a group for spell on my 19k gs GF(with 100+ spell runs of exp) and 13k dc tells me,and I quote; "ho,ho,no I don't want a gf in my party.he's good for nothing.kick him or me."and every1 agreed.so I got kicked.and it was not the first time that happened.
    c'mon guys,who needs that kind of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when playing a game,why would I want to play GF after that?
  • dissssppppdisssspppp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't think they'll get fixed any time soon either. Most animations need to be dramatically reduced, shield block needs to be reworked, and tab needs to do something other than be virtually worthless. Once they address those then they should consider actual balance changes. The core mechanics of the class are the problem.