test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF Advice

celesthealcelestheal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hello, I'm Neo.

Today i wanted to discuss my GWF. I will try to make this short as i know we all have dungeons we could be doing.

My Gwf is...
-16kgs
-2 set avatar 2 set vigilant
-Swordmaster
-Destroyer

My stats are roughly... ( Sorry i'm to lazy to log back in to get images) W/ Ioun Stone
-6k power
-2.8k crit about 35% crit chance w/ 100% severity
-2.1k AP about 23% AP
-2.8k rec about 21% recharge
-3k def about 30ish% damage resistance
-1k regen
-800 deflect
-600 LS about 4%
-234 combat advantage

I have all the Dread ring boon, to mention some
-Madness
-the one that gives chance of 1k health when attacking

Weapon Enchants
-Plaguefire
-G. Lifedrinkier
-G. Vorpal

Armor
-SF
Companions...
-Fire Archon
-Wererat
-Ioun Stone of Allure
-Phase Spider
-Dancing Blade

I use Not So Fast , IBS, and blitz i think it's called, the one where you surround the enemy with images of yourself and it's a single target attack

recently Not So Fast , IBS , and restoring strike. to make the DC's job a little easier

My question is, Which build would be more effective...
i recently picked up wererat and like the poison, so...

Poison + Plaguefire + Bleed

or
Like i said before i really have liked having restoring strike instead of the other power mentioned before
so...

Lifedrinker + x + Lifesteal
The x is the chance i get healed on attacking+the feat that gives health when using unstoppable, which i put some of my last feat points into

or...
Like i was using before, scratch restoring strike.
so...

G. Vorp + (name of power i don't know...blitz?)

i switched some of the enchants on my ioun to LS instead of AP and Power so the above mentioned strategy would have increased stats in power, and armor pen.

I am always #1 in every dungeon in damage and my old build was working just fine, however i've become really interested in keeping most the damage but increasing my self healing. I have also had the plaguefire for a while but have hardly used it.

Any constructive opinion is appreciated and thanks for your time
Post edited by celestheal on

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    you may want to ask this in the gwf class forum. you'll probably get better answers
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The really should be moved to the 'Barracks' forum.

Couple of obvious points:

Are you in a fixed group? If so why are you using Plaguefire rather than Vorpal as there are better classes to use PF on, and PF doesn't stack.

Also, if you are interested in self-healing why is your Lifesteal at 600? Admittedly there are severe diminishing returns but at 16K you can easily afford to raise that somewhat without taking much of a hit to other stats.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    More lifesteal was the second thing I noticed that you might want to look at. The first thing was armor pen. Unless you've got an 11 con or less, you're over the cap for PVE (which is all you mention)

Go with Vorpal for more crit damage and more lifesteal. Try to get it up to around 1100-1200 and you will heal yourself to full just doing aoe at wills and popping unstoppable when determination is full. You will be mostly unkillable against anything that can't chain prone or insta-gib you.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I cleared DK alone with my GWF with P. Vorpal, a GWF have no problem to get 45~55% crit (with Weapon Master).

I actually sold mine G. Lifedrinker and switched to G. Vorpal 2 a 3 months ago (upgraded to P Vorpal though). I have much better experience since I switched to it. Also went from Swordmaster Destroyer, to Swordmaster Sentinel and now went IV Sent. Sure miss WMS, but Wicked Strike does enough AoE dps :). I got 1.1k Regen & Lifesteal, this is more than enough especially with Madness (which procs a lot with GWF) is this more than enough.
    signature-lili.png
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree with others on less armor pen, more life steal. Also I think come and get it is a better choice for an AOE than not so fast. It can help you group guys up and hit multiple targets with IBS. IF you get your life steal around 1200 you should just be able to spam WMS on groups to self heal. Also if you get the sharandar boon that deals 400 damage every time you deflect an attack and stack deflect around 2k you can get quite a bit of damage out of it.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    This will be moved but meh I can help

Firstly like others said you need to take into account your constitution when stacking your armor pen.. U will be over cap.. You seem pve orientated so I recommend you have a good look at this.. You should be able to stack another stat instead if you can drop your armor pen..

Next I don't thinks its a must to stack more life steal.. Instead focus on increasing your dps.. This will be more rewarding than extra life steal.. As the more deeps you have the more you heal..
    Now builds are important.. IV sent is great for pvp..it's decent for pve too.. But this game doesn't require a tank so I believe a dps based GWF has more to offer in pve.. You can stack enough tank in that bud..
    Destroyer either IV or SM is best for pve. Depending on your play style...
    Lastly stack as much power as possible and stack as much crit in your feats as possible.. This will increase your bleed with deep gash which is the most important thing for any pve GWF