test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trouble with well geared GFs

chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Hi folks, my pvp has really improved but I am having fits with GFs. How do you guys deal with them. They prone the hell out of me and I don't seem to be able to do any decent damage. Especially in a 1v1 node battle ... should I just abandon? I thought I'd have more trouble with GWF but I almost think they are easier!
Post edited by chestnut13 on

Comments

• godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    chestnut13 wrote: »
    Hi folks, my pvp has really improved but I am having fits with GFs. How do you guys deal with them. They prone the hell out of me and I don't seem to be able to do any decent damage. Especially in a 1v1 node battle ... should I just abandon? I thought I'd have more trouble with GWF but I almost think they are easier!

What is your general build structure first?

Bilethorn enchantment works really well against other rogues for draining their stealth and also on GF for draining their guard meter.

For fighting GWF or GF you definitely want to be using duelist fury regardless for the damage, but also the immunity it gives on the third hit. Especially more for GF though to get that guard meter down.

I am not the best one to provide advice on this because I do not have much experience with anything other than perma rotations yet, but once people know your build it will help a lot with what advice to give.
  • xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Depending on how they are spec'd they can be a real bear, especially if they have tenacity.
    They are a tank class in the game and are designed to take a ton of damage, so it can be a lot of effort to wear one down to the point where you can hit them with a burst of damage to put them down.

Mobility is the key against them. It will take time, but if they don't prone you, they don't do a lot of damage compared to a GWF.

POB is a good encounter to use combined with throwing daggers with Bilethorn to keep things ticking their HPS down
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • jinadujinadu Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2014
    chestnut13 wrote: »

You must time Your dodge rolls + ITC well
    Go get yourself a bilethorn and stack duelists flurry, it will eat up their shield and HP like its nothing.

Remember that GF and GWF cannot dodge, they are stationary 90% of the time so stacking DF on them should be easy.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey, Chestnut13. Since you are a WK, you have no access to ITC which is our main tool for survival against GF's and GWF's. But there are a few things about GF's that us TR's can manipulate without the use of ITC. The good news is that GF's have no ranged skills at all, meaning they always have to close to you on melee range. This makes Smokebomb a good tool to use against GF's.

Smokebomb will be a good replacement for ITC. You know they will chase after you and close in on melee, therefore you can manipulate this factor and wait for them to close in on you before you drop your SB. Once they do, you catch them with your Smokebomb; 5 seconds of Daze, making them subject to flurries of your DF. DF also gives you Control Immunity at its 3rd hit, and this'll be particularly useful for absorbing their CC's.

You have an infinite gap closer as a WK, namely Vengeance's Pursuit. After teleporting to the GF using VP, immediately drop Smokebomb so you can connect your DF faster. GF's do not have a CC immunity ability other than a Daily. Just remember to keep your distance away from them when your tools for controlling them are off cooldown. Whittle their HP's with Disheartening Strike from range while in Stealth, then close in on them to drop a Smokebomb.
  • chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Awesome idea. Thank you! I just wish I had 4 encounter slots instead of 3 .... make life much easier.
  • ekomeekome Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    afaik when they hold their shield up it only protects them in an arc shape, so sneaking behind their back while you are in stealth and they have their shield up, you still can land attacks on them and they are not able to block it.

And ofc all the things the others said :)
  • jessebrownjrjessebrownjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited March 2014
    Even with all the above have said a "good" GF will walk immediately out of your SB and wait till you waste your roll and prone you to hell , to the ones saying you won't do alot of dmg by chain ccing , im pretty sure 5k+non crit KDs will destroy most classes , whats the avg hp 18-22k? lol thats instagibbed before you can even react. Don't let there be 2 GFs / GWF / 2 GWF / 1 GF on the other team..also DF doesnt do much dmg at all on 32+ AC and 30k hp 3k+ def (avg) ...without tenacity thats what 70-100 dmg per hit lol..imagine WITH Tena.

We have a spammed gapcloser without a CD 28' (auto atk) , and a spammed nuke gap closer encounter on a 7s or lower CD..even IF you timed those dodges properly (u only have 2) he will have another up in about 4 secs that will spike you for 25% or more of your hp per lol and once the gap closed roll to dodge even more prones...rinse and repeat good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tenacity Who? Versus GF Master means nada.