test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Horse Rental

bathaalbathaal Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Tried renting a horse today but couldn't. Told me I had no more Mount Requisition Tokens. Where do I get these from?
Post edited by bathaal on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Those are only temporary freebies once you reach level 20 in case you do not have the gold required to purchase a horse or have not previously purchased a Zen Mount.

Once they are gone all you can do is purchase a mount from the store with gold or purchase a Zen Mount.
    "Renting" is not intended to be done in the long term.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bathaal wrote: »
    Tried renting a horse today but couldn't. Told me I had no more Mount Requisition Tokens. Where do I get these from?

I have an account-wide ZEN mount so my memory may be a little fuzzy, but I think you get three 5 hour tokens? 15 hours should be be sufficiently long time to get 5 gold together for a permanent mount from the same vendor.

EDIT: Just picking up and vending (whether identified or not) every single green item that drops should be enough by the time the rental period finishes.
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you have 1500-2000 AD, you can also just buy a white mount from the auction.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you have 1500-2000 AD, you can also just buy a white mount from the auction.

Actually that is a neat tip since at lower levels one Foundry quest from Rhix or Skirmish (during Skirmish hour only!) give 1000 AD, so it may be much easier to get AD than gold.

Admittedly this drastically changes at higher levels, as the AD rewards don't scale while the amount of Gold dropped does, but still it is a very good point. Wouldn't suggest paying more than 1500-2000 AD as you mentioned though.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Oh good grief, I keep reading the thread title as "Horse Hentai". Mindbleach, please.

(..and OP, the rental horsie is just to give you a taste of the wonderful world of mounts. You need to pick one up yourself for a couple of gold, or for AD from the AH. Actually, the Stormraider Clydesdale on the Zen store is great value when it's on special offer- as it's a 110% mount that unlocks account-wide. Consider getting a white mount for now, and picking the Clydesdale up when it's on sale)
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Oh good grief, I keep reading the thread title as "Horse Hentai". Mindbleach, please.

(..and OP, the rental horsie is just to give you a taste of the wonderful world of mounts. You need to pick one up yourself for a couple of gold, or for AD from the AH. Actually, the Stormraider Clydesdale on the Zen store is great value when it's on special offer- as it's a 110% mount that unlocks account-wide. Consider getting a white mount for now, and picking the Clydesdale up when it's on sale)

this is a great suggestion but just to give a little more info, the Clydesdale is a great value even when it's not on sale since its the cheapest epic mount in the zen store (2500z) and it's account wide meaning every toon you make on that account can have one. But as mentioned above, if you can wait, getting it on sale is a good option.