test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HR stat caps

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Wilds
Could someone more experienced in the game take the time to post the soft and hard caps on hr stats..?

For example I've read, in an old post on another forum that arpen is hardcapped at 24%. If so, would lesser terror get around this by adding another 5% reduction on top, or doesn't it stack..?

Anyway, with the new pvp armour I'm about to do a lot of enchantment and gear shuffling, so I really need to know what not to waste points on if the returns aren't worth it.

Thnx in advance.
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Weapon enchantments with "reduce target defense" actually do not reduce target defense/armor/dmg resistance at all, but just a flat damage buff. For example, a greater terror which has "reduce target defense by 15%" actually increases your damage on target by 15%.

For stats, as far as I know, 24% armor pen is just an ideal number for both pvp and pve since dungeon bosses have max dmg resistance of 24%. Anything more than that is a waste in PvE. In PvP, it depends on what classes you fight against. Higher armor pen would benefit you when facing gf/gwf/tanky HR/DC but CW/TR.

Crit soft cap is around 2000 then hard cap at 3000.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Cheers utuwer, anybody know anything about the other stats..?
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A perfect terror adds a 4% damage buff, and in your case a lesser terror only adds 1% damage buff for anyone who attacks it.

In PvE, against T2 bosses, getting 24% armpen would be ideal, but you don't actually need 2536 armpen, as the values in your STR gives you that resistance ignored as well.

In PvP, you should be get more armpen, as most people have tenacity that adds to their damage resistance.

With the other stats, do a search on diminished return values, I thought I remember seeing some on the forum. Power is the only stats that is more flat than other numbers, but probably still won't give you as much of a gain. You can just change some pieces of your gear around and see the % increase and judge for yourself. Example, you have 2500 crit, adding another 120 gives you .4% increase vs losing stats in other area. That's how I roughly decide how to balance my stats out.

If you're unsure on which pieces of the PvP gear to get, try it out on the preview shard first to see what kind of stats you'll be getting.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2014
    Decide for yourself: http://bit.ly/1kSOB1a
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    This is what another forum says...

Stats:
    Power (no cap)
    Critical Strike (softcap ~2400/hardcap ~3000)
    Armor Penetration (softcap ~1750)
    Recovery (softcap ~1600)
    Life Steal (softcap ~1000/hardcap 1300)

What do you think..?
  • Options
    goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Power seems useless it work for At-Wills. Only few enconuters get a bit from Power like Fox Shift. Yesterday I go from 4500 on 7500 power and I get ~3k dmg more on Aimed Shot, Split Shot go from 2400 to ~3k and around 500 on Fox Shift. For RS there ~100 dmg more etc.

So if you go for PVE where you spam At-Wills non-stop you need a lot of Power.
    For PVP just go for defensive stats and you can do not care about stats just grab more deflect and so on.

Now I know why Archer's PVP set have Critical and ArP as offensive stats. And after we do not have good range encounters there is no big reason to go for Archer's better is Combat. So as I see Cryptic made not next class but new version on TR named HR... as some people wrote it when the class was realized.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Okay, thanks for running the numbers, I'm going to sacrifice power for crit and defensive/regen, arpen I'll have in spades anyway, thanks to archers armour from pvp.

Cheers, you're a trooper.
  • Options
    hemagenhemagen Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There are no caps in this game, only graphs where the benefits from the stat slowly dwindle.

The question simply becomes which stat is worth getting over another stat.
    Crit reaches that point vs. power far sooner than most people think. In most cases anything over 1.5k crit is better spent on arpen or power. Arpen is arbitrary, more is better vs. specific enemies. I make no effort to stack it and have about 2.7k anyway (dread weapons 2/2).

1000 Power is about 6% more damage. In contrast you will need over 8% more crit to offset this which is why power is so much better than crit. I only have 1k crit (combatant) and don't really have any intention to get a single Azure. I still need to do some math but the most that will happen is to maybe get that special enchant that gives both power and crit, unlikely though since it's only 10% extra total @ rank10 and I will likely find that crit past 1k is not a match for power.