test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stairs on maps

ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
Hello you all,

On the custom maps (interior), do we have any tool to make a ramp on a room? Like I have the room connected to 2 other rooms and I want to have stairs on my room. How do you do that? I've seen some Cryptic made maps for the story have ramps and stairs...

Thanks!
Post edited by ladypeanut66 on

Comments

• Options
    klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi, I'm not too certain but I think for interior custom maps, the highest you can go is 2 storeys.

There is a 2 storey dungeon boss room.

I think it is the only map with more than 1 storey so the most you can do is either use that or use a big interior room and put details until it looks like 2 storeys.

To be honest, I think it may be better for you to just make an exterior map and then place walls and stairs and stuff if you really want the whole multiple storeys feel.
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Building on an exterior map is one option, two others are to use the Room Builder Rooms (invisible walls) or the Dungeon Builder Rooms (stone walls). Dungeon Builder Rooms come in 3 height options. The nice thing about Room Builder and Dungeon Builder is that you can link them to other rooms so you could have your first floor be made with regular rooms then build your upper floors with the Builder rooms. You'd need to build the second/third floors as the rooms all have the same "ground level" but it would save you some work.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't get the idea you talk about, melinden. I am not talking about two floor map (not yet :) ), only a ramp on an interior map or something like that. It is optional on my map, but I would like to know if there is a way to "rotate" the room so the floor forms a ramp.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't get the idea you talk about, melinden. I am not talking about two floor map (not yet :) ), only a ramp on an interior map or something like that. It is optional on my map, but I would like to know if there is a way to "rotate" the room so the floor forms a ramp.

"Room" no. floor/platform yes. Search details and filter by "platform" or "floor" (or maybe even "wall") - those you can rotate in all 3 dimensions.

Edit: Um, your OP also talked about stairs -- there are "stair" detail objects -- filter by "stair" if you want to use actual stairs. You cannot "connect" 1st and 2nd floors though without using the more advanced "builder" rooms, and those you have to build the entire room within an empty space.
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You cant rotate rooms along that axis. Well technically the Foundry can be made to let you, but it does not show ingame.

You can not place the rooms at different heights. This is another case of technically you can, but the foundry will refuse to connect them via the auto-door options or via the author door placement override option.

So the best you can do with an interior map is use a giant room and then contruct a smaller hand built room inside the placed room and manually connect them via ramp or stair objects. Or you could use an exteriormap andmanually create all the rooms.

The multi height dungeons you see in official content can not be built by foundry authors, though you can use the official maps included in the Foundry.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.