test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Queue after patch 13/3

tryglitrygli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Right after the pvp update queueing was obviously terrible, sometimes waiting for an hour to get queued. I was really happy with the patches after that, it improved queueing a lot. Out of 4 matches, I would say 1 was an easy win, 1 was a quickly lost, and 2 where interesting.

But with the patch of yesterday something went horribly wrong, when it takes a bit longer to queue it seems to just throw you in randomly. I'm getting queued with people with 7-11k GS whereas I have 14,5k, and every game my team got worse and worse. And in the fourth queue the opponent team was a premade of 3 gwf's and 2 gf's, all well geared. That's 4x 20min being stuck in a match IN A ROW with a team that isn't able to turn a tower or make a single kill. In two of them I couldn't even get the points to get that little glory you get when you lose, nor did it count for the daily. Sad thing is that it wasn't an islolated incident.

I'd rather not get a queue at all then this mess, at least that way I can do something else. According to chat and people I've spoken to personally, there are a lot of people that had similar problems.

Now I didn't want to post here to cry without offering a solution.

- Please set some sort of GS boundry, it's ridiculous that you spend of a lot of time on getting gear for your character to get in my example 14-15k gs, and you have people in your team with 7k gear score that don't even spend 1-5k ad on AH to get to 10k gs. Just to be clear I don't mean that you will need 10k gs to queue for pvp, just that you get queued with, ánd against people with gear scores in the same range (±3k gear score?).

- Please undo yesterday's patch, being stuck for 20min is much worse then not getting a queue for maybe 5, max 10 min.

- Please remove the leaver penalty for being the second person to leave your team, what's the point of fighting a team 4v5 that you couldn't beat 5v5? I really can't find a good argument for giving the second person a penalty as well, but if there has to be one, can it at least be half the penalty of the first leaver? (15min)
Post edited by trygli on

Comments

• froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Yeah 15 min to the 2nd person would be a good idea, since 4v5 is no point. But a penalty for just 1 person can be exploited.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    trygli wrote: »
    - Please remove the leaver penalty for being the second person to leave your team

There's a penalty for the 2nd leaver? Hey you're trolling, aren't you? That would make no sense, it would be a penalty for having an IQ
    English is not my first language.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vortix44 wrote: »
    There's a penalty for the 2nd leaver? Hey you're trolling, aren't you? That would make no sense, it would be a penalty for having an IQ

Yes, the 1st 2 people to leave a match get the 30 minute penalty
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I dont know, if they use ELO or any other matchmaking system, but I am sure, it is broken.

First of all, if they woud belive in their system, they woud remove the penalty after the first player left. In an remotly even match one more player is essential, as OP and last posts allready said.

Second complaint is, that they shoud remove players after some time without death, kills, captures or assists, if they are in the base with penalty. This woud take care of the basehuggers, destroying their mates game and flaming them for geting killed (doing nothing seems to be more boring, than trolling). Furthermore the winning team shoud get the victory without having to wait 10 min without a fight, if the enemy team is completly removed.

Third, a working system woud not group two 15k+ GS players with 10k- GS mates against a team with full 15k+ players (enemy GS estimated by the fact, that they had perfect vorp, soulforged etc.).

Last but not least, atm. ELO is based on luck and not skill, if you play PUG. I saw isanely good TRs and GWFs loosing games against my mediocre PUG team, because no matter what skill or gear you have, you can only hold one base and you cant hold it against 3-4 enemys with a AFK/ oneshot respawn team.

ATM there are more played out maches due to penalty, but no working grouping system, thats my opinion, based on PvP games after the patch.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.