test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

? How much power is enough power ?

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Wilds
15k + hybrid build.

For a long while now I've been running a 4k pow / 2k crit / 2k arpen split build, with lesser terror. Anyway, I was wondering if I'm over doing it on the power end of things..? Anyone know when the law of diminishing returns kicks in for power..? Should I scale it down..?

I mainly PvP btw. If that makes a difference.

Thnx in advance.
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There are many ppl that will tell you that (especially for pvp) arpen is even more important than power.
    What's your aim for power & arpen & others? that's a question you need to answer via testing & tweaking your stats.
    At the same time....some extra power is still good to have :)
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Personally I'd like to have a min of 30% total Arp with Arp stat + class bonus(str for us) for pvp. I have 5K power in the full GG archer suit atm, severe defense problems though :P I actually dropped 1K power going to this new pvp set and the damage decrease was Not that large, or so it seemed.
  • Options
    ap326ap326 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    First, you want an adequate amount of Regeneration and Deflect before worrying about anything else. What good is Power if you can not survive long enough to deal the damage? After, you want at least 25% Armor Penetration and then some Critical Strike (depends on which set you choose) and the rest into power.

I have a PvP HR, Sterling Archer, and am pretty decked out with the following stats:
    Power: ~4600
    Critical Strike: ~1700
    Armor Penetration: ~2400
    Regeneration: ~1800
    Deflect: ~1800

I'm not saying your numbers have to be like mine, but I'm just trying to give you an approximation of what I currently have.
  • Options
    tajah23tajah23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited March 2014
    I run a high burst pvp hybrid. I'm still grinding out glory/coins for some of the new pvp gear, but at 15.5 GS mine looks like this:

Power 4,000
    Critical Strike 3,300
    Armor Penetration 2,600
    Regeneration 800
    Health Steal 1,000
    Deflection 800
    Defense 1,400

My goal is to add about 800-1000 deflect & tenacity without sacrificing anything but power & a little defense (I've been holding off upgrading my rank 8's until I swap out for the new gear & reassess Enchantments)