test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP leaver debuff penalty

sfdhsgjhkmsgsfdhsgjhkmsg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Ok, so here's my question, and this has happened to be several times in this past week. I've gotten into pvp matches to be immediately booted out because the team slot I queued for had already been filled. So would I still get a penalty for being booted out?

Also, adding tenacity is good but the real issue is unequal elo, being matched against teams of people who have the best pvp gear versus a fresh 60 is ludicrous. Getting one shotted by a CW ice knife, or a Ranger's aimed shot or some other b.s. is the primary cause of people leaving pvp matches. Pvp is not fun when your entire team can get reamed all at once by 1 player on the enemy team. I realize that fixing the matchmaking system could slow down the queues, but this can be compensated by increasing the glory amounts received by the length of wait in the queues.
Post edited by sfdhsgjhkmsg on

Comments

• melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    to my knowledge, the issue with getting booted out of a freshly joined game has been resolved in this patch. if you get disconnected for any reason during a match, you can log back in and rejoin the match with no penalty. if you do not rejoin a match that you get disconnected from, you may get a penalty.

one question i don't remember seeing anywhere: does the penalty time persist through logouts? if i rage quit or if there is a power or internet outage in my area, will my penalty still be there until i'm logged in for 30 minutes?
  • galkabeargalkabear Member, Banned Users Posts: 29
    edited March 2014
    Ok, so here's my question, and this has happened to be several times in this past week. I've gotten into pvp matches to be immediately booted out because the team slot I queued for had already been filled. So would I still get a penalty for being booted out?

Also, adding tenacity is good but the real issue is unequal elo, being matched against teams of people who have the best pvp gear versus a fresh 60 is ludicrous. Getting one shotted by a CW ice knife, or a Ranger's aimed shot or some other b.s. is the primary cause of people leaving pvp matches. Pvp is not fun when your entire team can get reamed all at once by 1 player on the enemy team. I realize that fixing the matchmaking system could slow down the queues, but this can be compensated by increasing the glory amounts received by the length of wait in the queues.

1. that has been resolved.. or they say it is. It was always a mess getting queue'd into an already failed party where people already left.. supposedly locked when getting in now.. however it is only a partial fix. you get in, have a disconnected person.. that doesnt reconnect? Its a 4v5 no matter what you do.. and that person is stil considered in party for drop rules.. so meh. It is actually an improvement, though this games pvp is still roughly a decade behind today's environment.

2. No, that is not the primary reason people leave matches. People usually leave matches because of their own party members. for many more reasons, than anything to do with the enemy party.
    The elo system is a bad design and fail, and well known already to be so, and why other games that have used similar concepts got rid of it. Yes sometimes you might get a challenging premade vs premade with higher ratings etc, but most often you wil have long wait times, to get into a match with bad people that got bumped up to you, and you just run them over. the higher / lower your score is, the longer you waits until these things happen. Its stupid, and the devs should honestly be fired over this.

btw.. leaver penalty fixes nothing. If I am say.. in a group in pvp.. i am the only one playing to win, and i have four people leaving the 3 nodes to enemies, and fighting worthlessly far from any node.. i am the only person on my team. I did not queue for a 1v5... but on the other hand, I will not prolongue the match, and will wait in safe area. Leaver penalty never was designed to be a fix for anything sadly.

Tenacy / etc.. I have an idea... lets give everyone increased damage resistance, and lesser healing. Since needing less healing is needed anyway cause of higher damage resistance.. we really have done nothing for balance.. the squishy classes will still be squishy overall and not heal as fast and get killed fast sure.. dc's and gwf's and hr's that can stack multiple forms of damage resistance get another, and need less healing so meh.
    god these devls are stupid.. and yeah there is nothing here done with balance issues, and the elo system is a bad joke against the players playing the game. im sorry.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    to my knowledge, the issue with getting booted out of a freshly joined game has been resolved in this patch. if you get disconnected for any reason during a match, you can log back in and rejoin the match with no penalty. if you do not rejoin a match that you get disconnected from, you may get a penalty.

one question i don't remember seeing anywhere: does the penalty time persist through logouts? if i rage quit or if there is a power or internet outage in my area, will my penalty still be there until i'm logged in for 30 minutes?
    Whatever the answer is, there will be ways to abuse it and people will be penalized that are innocent.
    I fear my ELO rank might drop? -> I pull the cable and bite the bullet.
    I happen to really disco on the last seconds of PvP? -> 30 minutes penalty
    I rage-quit or leave -> I have enough toons and accounts to accommodate a 30 minutes wait offline or online (wife's PC)

Penalizing is an answer, but it does not address the problem as such. It will hit innocent players as much, if not more, than guilty players.

Nevertheless, there are many gray areas that we will find out an answer to in 1 hour or less.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    About the real problem imho:
    don't entice PvE lovers that do not want to PvP into PvP matches. Artifact. Armor usable in PvE. AD from Daily (make that 4xPvP needs 30m or 1xDV=30m) ...
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!