test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions and human nature, unaware?

megnatarmegnatar Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Are some of you selfish/childish or just unaware?

If you are someone who crafts and also do the "head out in to the world" event aka 'Professions', you also notice that some people deliberately leave one piece of glass or some other useless junk item in the chests. Making them useless for other folk. Because the chest-timer will not reset until the chest is emptied or the server reboots. Therefore someone else will waste there toolkit for nothing when opening a chest, and only to find some leftover junk item from someone else. I've seen, more than once, areas where in 9 out of 10 chests contained one junk item during 'Professions'. So I hardly call that a matter of a full inventory,

Human nature, means for some only, me me me me me me me me me

Well if you're inventory is full and was unaware:
- Press the 'wondrous Bazaar' icon at the top of you're screen!
- Sell some of you're stuff!
- Or just simply discard the item if you don't want to sell

To the folk who leave those junk items.

Give other people a change to! Don't always think about you're self. You will accomplish a lot more in this world than just short term gain if you do that. Whatever it is you gain with greed, it will usually not lost long. :p
Imagination is the mark of a intelligent being.
Post edited by megnatar on

Comments

• drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wow seems like that should not work that way. I have left <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> once or twice but I won't do it again. thanks for the heads up. ( and I really mean only 2 or 3 times total)
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm sure there are several that are aware AND childish and delight in the fact that they "griefed" someone behind them.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I dare say that the biggest offenders of leaving junk behind are the Bots. To people who do this, Stop. It annoys your fellow players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yep I agree , a pet hate of mine ,it takes a whole 5 seconds or less to open your bag and trash the item you don't want , seem's some players are either too lazy or just get a thrill from annoying people who open the node after them .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also remember there is a timer on nodes. If you gather nodes too quickly, you'll start finding nothing but junk in the nodes. It's coded to cut down on the farmers, but could cause issues for other players.

If you're finding junk in the nodes, 99% chance that you're farming too fast. Otherwise, junk rarely shows up in gathering nodes.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As a somewhat related issue - when running with a team, and a N/G/P roll comes up, please select something right away - if you don't then you prevent others from looting chests within a dungeon.

The chests having 1 piece of junk left in them is also annoying - why can't chests that are supposed to be accessible to everyone just spawn a random selection of items for that particular person?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This issue really needs a patch. It seems to affect chests, too.
    megnatar wrote: »
    Well if you're inventory is full and was unaware:
    - Press the 'wondrous Bazaar' icon at the top of you're screen!
    - Sell some of you're stuff!
    - Or just simply discard the item if you don't want to sell
    Thanks for the good tip. Though you can't double click items to sell.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This issue really needs a patch. It seems to affect chests, too.

Thanks for the good tip. Though you can't double click items to sell.

You're correct. When you open up the Wondrous Bazaar screen, click the "Buy back" icon, and drag the item to the sell box. If it's un-ID'd, just tap space twice to accept that you want to sell it anyway, and go about your business. Of course, if it's that big of an issue for you, you can also buy the Whole Realms Catalog artifact as well...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • kallethenkallethen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Another alternative is using the Gateway in a browser window. You can sell items to the vendor or even just discard items via the Inventory screen.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Totally agree with what is being said here, but the developers can easily fix this and lots of other things about the game that lend themselves to generating friction amongst players. (Aaah, look at the pretty sharks, swimming around. Let's drop one bloody fish in and watch them tear each other apart!) LOL
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • megnatarmegnatar Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree. You know what I alway's do with bots. I give them party. 9/10 times you will mess there script up because of the confirmation to except the party request.

And I think Cryptic should invest in some licenses to implement better security features, like random memory allocation (RMA) or stronger encryption on the tcp/ip stack.
    Imagination is the mark of a intelligent being.