test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What are the top enchants that HR's use?

irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Wilds
Was wondering if it was Radiants for Power or Darks for ArPen or a mixture of both? What about Azures for crit etc.

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    It depends what your stats look like.. if you have enough ArPen, you don't slot it.. if you don't, you might*. Ditto crit..

Your question is based on bad assumptions. The whole point of using enchants is to balance out what you're getting from your gear. You cap your ArPen, then you build crit, then you can stack power in offensive slots, if you want. However, while power scales in a linear way without diminishing returns, it offers relatively crappy value, so you stack it when you have ArPen and crit where you want them.

Does that make any sort of sense?

* Apart from the odd bad player who doesn't hit their 24% for PvE- but those people are both wrong and gimped. Itemising for ArPen is incredibly easy- you get a load from your gear, and very good value from enchants. To ignore it is like turning down free money. ArPen very quickly improves DPS. Taking it to 24% means you'll be able to do better damage against current bosses, that simple.
  • Options
    irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes it does make sense thank you... 24% ArPen and what for crit? 30%ish
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I can't remember precisely, so please take my remarks with a pinch of salt, but I think crit gets to be crummy value around 2400 or so.. You want to shoot for around 40% overall crit, from your gear, enchants, base stats etc.. Once you get around there, then start going for the best Radiants that you can afford. If you have a lot of WIS, then that and your gear should do most of the work for you, anyway.

At that point, Prime Critical (and maybe Stormstep Action, if you're that way inclined) should give you sensibly tweaked cooldowns on stuff like Split The Sky, allowing for decent uptime, and lots of damage.

(I am speaking as a PvE Archery ranger, can't really comment on those funny melee types :D)
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    just my 2cp:

Crit starts to REALLY plateau at about 3000 (the difference between 3000 and 3500 is barely a whole % point)

ArP soft cap for PVE is 24%, which you will hit at ~2500, but you wont need 2500 if you have any sort of STR. the higher your STR, the less ArP you need from gear. with a 16 STR, getting to 24% ArP would only require 1750

source: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/3dqpvhuavj

you will most likely hit these numbers from gear alone, allowing you to focus your Enchants almost entirely on Power
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ArP soft cap for PVE is 24%, which you will hit at ~2500, but you wont need 2500 if you have any sort of STR. the higher your STR, the less ArP you need from gear. with a 16 STR, getting to 24% ArP would only require 1750

One really important thing which neither I nor the above poster made clear is that the character sheet is a trap!

This applies to any class who gets some ArPen from initial stats.. The "Armor Penetration" listed down in the other stats does not include that which you get from your STR (in our case). Thus, if you're getting 6% from STR, you only need to get 18% from your gear/enchants.

This is a really annoyingly misleading thing- it makes it look like you need to work a lot harder than you do to cap your ArPen. Always check (by mousing over your stats) what ArPen bonus you get there.. Then take that into account when working out how much ArPen you want to add via enchants, to supplement what your gear is already giving you. I fell into this trap ages ago on my GWF, so it's easily done.

Again, not sure if this made sense, yell if it didn't, and I will try to clarify.