test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger bug list

elgorrelgorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
edited March 2014 in The Wilds
I did some rough test on Owlbear(NW.10.20140211a.5) and found some bugs.
I need confirmation from HR community before posting on Bug forum.

Bugs
Powers
1. ArP is not working on following powers at all(0% effectiveness)
-Aimed Strike
-Rain of Swords small dot portion(initial hits have 100% effectiveness)
-Split the Sky
-Cold Steel Hurricane
-Blade Storm
note: tested all available HR's damage source to Dread Ring mobs that have some DR with 25% ArP.

2. Thorn Strike damage does not affected by target HP%
note1: parsed its damages for 100% to 0% HP against a big mob in Dread Ring.
note2: I know this has been mentioned already but not reported in Bug forum yet afaik.

Feats
Forestwalk(nature paragon tree) does not work.
it gives buff icon but no run speed.
note: I know this has been mentioned already but not reported in Bug forum yet afaik.

Others
Grasping roots causes following encounters to miss
Shard of Endless Avalanche
Sudden Storm
Chains of Blazing Light
and possible more

Known Issues/Bugs that aren't fixed yet
1. Sometimes our dodging does not work.
probably, due to short immunity window, bad player latency and bad latency prediction design on server-side.

2. The healing from Oak Skin can be deflected.
this happens only when you are in a party.
Post edited by elgorr on

Comments

• Options
    synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Add this to the list: The healing from Oakskin can be deflected.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yhe dodge that does not dodge.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    synozeer wrote: »
    Add this to the list: The healing from Oakskin can be deflected.
    this issue has been reported on Bug forum.
    i knew about this bug and saw it by myself, but i could not replicate in my recent tests.
    maybe ninja fixed?
    i'll add this to the list as reported/known bug if someone can replicate this issue.
    query523 wrote: »
    Yhe dodge that does not dodge.
    this has been reported too.
    i think this issue caused by short immunity window, bad player latency and bad latency prediction design on server-side.
  • Options
    silvereldunarisilvereldunari Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The oak skin beeing deflect only happens when you are on a party, IDK why
    And one that I don't know if it's working as supposed, the fox cunning skill only dodge damage, we can be stunned/immobilized/proned/thrown etc, while the skill is active and same goes to Marauder's scape and Fox Shift, we can get CC while using them.
  • Options
    vaschevasche Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Grasping roots causes certain encounters to miss:
    Shard of endless avalanche
    Sudden storm
    Chains of blazing light
    Any encounters I am missing?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The oak skin beeing deflect only happens when you are on a party, IDK why
    thank you for information.
    And one that I don't know if it's working as supposed, the fox cunning skill only dodge damage, we can be stunned/immobilized/proned/thrown etc, while the skill is active and same goes to Marauder's scape and Fox Shift, we can get CC while using them.
    i think all of them are working as intended. as for fox cunning, they changed it right after Module2 launched. it was same time when MoA got nerfed.
  • Options
    nisdiddumsnisdiddums Member Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for reporting these bugs, everyone!
    I have added noted these issues, and will work with design to review/address them.
  • Options
    proqludumproqludum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited March 2014
    Another bug I've encountered after the PvP patch is that roots sometimes don't pull the targets to their rooted place. I think it has something to do with dodging after being rooted. I can see the string attached to the target but it does nothing to pull or slow them down and I'm talking about strong roots here.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, I've had 5 points in forest walk since my last respec, and though as you say, the icon appears, it seems to make no difference, even if I buff myself with either foxes or boarshide. The only time I seem suddenly to run like the wind is if sometimes I get severely wounded and/or stunned.

One point I'd also raise is damned forest ghost. If I stealth out of combat, no problem, but hitting fg during combat is a nightmare, I sometimes have to hammer the button 3 times, and even then, it's a toss up as to whether it works. Far too interruptable.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    jokoooooojokoooooo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hunter Ranger Marauder's Escape skill as it is cold escape it means when you use that skill you mast get away from the opponent but in my opinion this skill does not work correctly cause while flying back you can be controlled or hit by another player,
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    nisdiddums wrote: »
    Thank you for reporting these bugs, everyone!
    I have added noted these issues, and will work with design to review/address them.
    thank you. hope those bugs will be fixed soon.
    proqludum wrote: »
    Another bug I've encountered after the PvP patch is that roots sometimes don't pull the targets to their rooted place. I think it has something to do with dodging after being rooted. I can see the string attached to the target but it does nothing to pull or slow them down and I'm talking about strong roots here.
    i think roots also affected by new control resist feature. as a result, root duration was reduced(but root animation staying).
    don't know about root strength tho. so far, i myself just played 10 arena matches post patch and never used hindering/binding shot. need more feedback.
    jonkoca wrote: »
    One point I'd also raise is damned forest ghost. If I stealth out of combat, no problem, but hitting fg during combat is a nightmare, I sometimes have to hammer the button 3 times, and even then, it's a toss up as to whether it works. Far too interruptable.
    Forest Ghost has some activation time. if you use your dodge while activating FG, it will be canceled. i think this is working as intended.
    on the other hand, when you use FG and getting CC'ed while activating, FG will be canceled too and AP will be consumed for nothing and of course it going to CD.
    i don't know this is intended but same problem happens with TR's shadow strike(from my experience).
    jokoooooo wrote: »
    Hunter Ranger Marauder's Escape skill as it is cold escape it means when you use that skill you mast get away from the opponent but in my opinion this skill does not work correctly cause while flying back you can be controlled or hit by another player,
    in my opinion, if ME has damage/CC immunity, it's very OP. working as intended.