test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stormy Backdrop

ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
Hello,

So, that is the question. I have an outdoors map (a Swamp, specifically) and I want it to have storm clouds, lightnings, rain... A storm, really. I edited the Backdrop, put the plain black sky and a stormy clouds Backdrop... And it worked for the storm clouds, but it has no lightning nor rain.

How do I put the lightnings and rain on the map?

Tahnk you,

Lady Peanut
Post edited by ladypeanut66 on

Comments

• antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Rain and lightning are details thunder comes with the lightning wind with rain (choice of three), once you have set the background you can add these in to the 2d editor. Just type in rain and lightning into the search under details you will find them.
  • ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh, okay. I put the backdrops on my map (the stormy ones) separately, I mean, I tried them all without being two of them on the Backdrop. But it still does not show up the lightning effect. Could it be because of my video options?
  • myrmecoleonmyrmecoleon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 94
    edited February 2014
    You can use FX - Lightning Flash 01 to create a flash effect.
    Crimson Descent (NW-DRWNLMGYV) - Solo 15-20m combat-focused adventure
    edited February 2014
    Oh, okay. I put the backdrops on my map (the stormy ones) separately, I mean, I tried them all without being two of them on the Backdrop. But it still does not show up the lightning effect. Could it be because of my video options?

I had a look and edited my post above. Sorry!
    edited February 2014
    So, there is no lightning effect, except for the detail. I don't have any Backdrop that uses actively lightnings... Right?
    edited February 2014
    So, there is no lightning effect, except for the detail. I don't have any Backdrop that uses actively lightnings... Right?

Yeah there's a few there is an FX - lightning which is a random flash with thunder then a couple of other FX - lighning effects which are more like bolts hitting the earth. One of these is more of a constant bolt like a tesla effect type thing.

I don't think any backgrounds have lightning.
    edited February 2014
    Okay, thank you, guys. I have solved the problem with:
    1. Plain Black Background
    2. Stormy Cloud Backdrop
    3. Rain (Large) detail
    4. Some Lightning Effects (detail)
    edited February 2014
    OK!

I know this is not what you asked for but I thought it may be useful to anyone looking. You can set a lightning bolt to hit something/player, you do this as follows:

First, place two place markers one just after the other. I have named them lightning on, lightning off.

Place the lightning detail FX - small lightning strikes (#92) where you want it to strike. (make sure you can see it from the place marker)

Set the lightning effect to appear when component reached - lightning on and then off when component reached off.
    If you then do the same with a thunder sound (#93) This will give you the lightning and thunder going off simultaneously. With a little moving around you can make it so it looks like they are hitting an object or even the player.
    You could even change the object for example a tree from a healthy one to a damaged one.