test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gauntlgrym PvP?

azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Does anyone ever do this? Each time I queue up for it I seem to sit in the queue until the event is over.
Pretty lame that I get stuck with a daily from Lord Neverember that's impossible to finish due to it needing 40 people that aren't interested in it. :(
Artificer.jpg
Post edited by azahron on

Comments

• Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Afaik Gauntlegrym PvP is working as expected, otherwise they would change the mechanic.

PS: Is there actually someone left on Luskan side?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    azahron wrote: »
    Does anyone ever do this? Each time I queue up for it I seem to sit in the queue until the event is over.
    Pretty lame that I get stuck with a daily from Lord Neverember that's impossible to finish due to it needing 40 people that aren't interested in it. :(

Are you a delzoun? I'm going to assume yes. There are very few luskans that queue for pvp due to always losing and them being poor losers. To actually get in to gg pvp as a delzoun you need to
    1) Be in a 5 person party. This is not optional, single queue will never get you in.
    2) Queue immediately when part 1 ends before the video for part 2 pops up. If you don't queue in these first few seconds you will not get in.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    1) Be in a 5 person party. This is not optional, single queue will never get you in.
    This is not true. The 5 man party helps, but I get in a lot solo.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Are you a delzoun? I'm going to assume yes. There are very few luskans that queue for pvp due to always losing and them being poor losers. To actually get in to gg pvp as a delzoun you need to
    2) Queue immediately when part 1 ends before the video for part 2 pops up. If you don't queue in these first few seconds you will not get in.

You can get in (if you queue fast enough or get lucky) as single person as well. Did that quite a few times.
  • Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    It could be hard to get in if you queue through the Queue Window "K".

Try queueing through the door to the far left on the minimap, it's faster and hence higher chances of getting in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    them being poor losers.
    I like how the Neckb...the Delzoun side mocks poor luskans during gg which seem to have no chance for a DK due to big gap in GS.

Something needs to be done about this. Either shuffle teams or make a restriction for max ammount of Delzoun guilds.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I like how the Neckb...the Delzoun side mocks poor luskans during gg which seem to have no chance for a DK due to big gap in GS.

Something needs to be done about this. Either shuffle teams or make a restriction for max ammount of Delzoun guilds.
    I remember watching a few GG videos from the luskan side. I think persephone posted them where half the luskan team was afk at the campfire after a few mins. My own experience is that the matches are close for about 5 mins then delzoun takes the lead and I look at the scoreboard and there are only 10-15 luskans still in the match because the others have quit after being killed once. This is pretty much textbook poor losing. It's not gs, it's creating a self fulfilling prophecy of failure by the luskans.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I remember watching a few GG videos from the luskan side. I think persephone posted them where half the luskan team was afk at the campfire after a few mins. My own experience is that the matches are close for about 5 mins then delzoun takes the lead and I look at the scoreboard and there are only 10-15 luskans still in the match because the others have quit after being killed once. This is pretty much textbook poor losing. It's not gs, it's creating a self fulfilling prophecy of failure by the luskans.

Yeah that's quite true, and yes, it was my video, still online. Anybody that wants to see my suicidal CW getting murdered like 20+ times or something in a row, eating shockings and ice knives at the same time, can still go watch it :P

One of the most frustrating experiences as a Luskan was people AFKing - even when winning (lulz) score sometimes. Not 1, not 2, but 6-7+ Luskans just AFKing in spawn. I have no sympathy for this type of player, I cannot remember how many times I shouted at them in frustration "Move your arses down, NOW!".

Some people indeed deserve what's coming to them.

However, there are good Luskan players as well. Hell, I tried for more than a month to tip the scales a bit when I was Luskan, even managing to win a few times, thanks to a guild that transferred to Luskan for more of a challenge (props to SCUM&vasilles, who organized stuff). But in the end, it just got too depressive to continue. There's a limit to how many ungeared/bad players can be carried.

Other than this, I'm Delz now, but I still hate spawncamping, and I still am sympathetic to the Luskan issues.

My guild might even consider a transfer, who knows, but DK access is important to many people, and nobody wants to frustrate their own guildies.
  • Options
    johnnywad309johnnywad309 Member Posts: 51
    edited February 2014
    The problem with the Luskan side is 1/4 of the team is constantly sitting by the campfire, then you have another 1/4 of the team riding around, trying their hardest to avoid any kind of contact with the enemy team. The result is about 10 people actually trying to PvP just getting rolled by superior numbers again and again. It doesn't help that when Delzoun started trending to win there was a mass exodus from Luskan to Delzoun. Bad for both parties since now Luskan hardly ever wins and Delzoun has a hard time getting into a GG match. As Luskan, I have never not been able to get into a GG match.
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    azahron wrote: »

Same here. Either not getting queued at all for PvP or getting queued two min before it's all over. Same goes for the GG dungeon that follows. I usually spent 20 min waiting to get queued. I'd say, at least when you wait for the elusive GG PvP you can do things, run around, chase some foes. But when waiting for the Crypt / Dwarf king you are stuck in the very limited entrance area of GG, where there is absolutely nothing to do. And you can't even go AFK as you may miss the join-DP popup window.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You don't have to stay in GG to queue for the dungeons. You have to be there to get your share(s) but after that you are free to go anywhere. You won't get kicked out of a queue and are able to enter a queue for either dungeon.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've tried entering the queue half a dozen times in the last month and haven't been able to get in a single match, even when I hit the button as soon as PVE ends, and I'm Luskan. I really enjoyed GG on mindflayer, but I don't have the patience to sit in a queue for half an hour and still not get in a game so I usually just go back to domination after 5 minutes of waiting. It's been like this for long enough that some Delzoun should have switched sides, but apparently they have all like EZ mode and don't really care about making the event competitive.
  • Options
    andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Sounds like you are Delz, as a Luskan I never ever had trouble getting in, and most commonly get in two runs. With that being said I understand the big difference between the two factions and how Luskans rarely ever win the overall thing, but I guess i consider myself lucky. As I (The Luskan team) have won more Gaunt pvp matches than lost. That's not to say I have not had my share of being spawn camped.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited February 2014
    If you are Delz you can forget about getting into the PvP queue.

Last time I tried to queue for Delz, I checked how many active instances with how many people were in them: over 300 delzhouns waiting in queue without 20 luskans to fight against.

I have no idea why we bother to choose allegiances, just match teams of 20 against each other and go.

And since we can't queue as a guild and guilds aren't ranked, I also don't understand why being in a guild is required.

The whole event is screwed up, IMO.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    If you are Delz you can forget about getting into the PvP queue.

Last time I tried to queue for Delz, I checked how many active instances with how many people were in them: over 300 delzhouns waiting in queue without 20 luskans to fight against.

I have no idea why we bother to choose allegiances, just match teams of 20 against each other and go.

And since we can't queue as a guild and guilds aren't ranked, I also don't understand why being in a guild is required.

The whole event is screwed up, IMO.
    You can get in as delz if you are in a full party and you queue in the first second it opens and have a good ping. That is required though. I haven't not gotten in as delz but that is what it seems to take.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    andferne3 wrote: »
    Sounds like you are Delz, as a Luskan I never ever had trouble getting in, and most commonly get in two runs. With that being said I understand the big difference between the two factions and how Luskans rarely ever win the overall thing, but I guess i consider myself lucky. As I (The Luskan team) have won more Gaunt pvp matches than lost. That's not to say I have not had my share of being spawn camped.

Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you are right, I changed guilds to play with a friend who quit the game and didn't realize I was on the other side now. I'm going to have to change guilds again....
  • Options
    teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey! I'm luskan and I love GG. Mostly, lol! I've hit 2 per day(sometimes two matches per GG time slot) for a week now. It does seem there is always people waiting at the fire :(

I'm getting up at 5:45am today just to do the next one ;)
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    The problem with the Luskan side is 1/4 of the team is constantly sitting by the campfire, then you have another 1/4 of the team riding around, trying their hardest to avoid any kind of contact with the enemy team. The result is about 10 people actually trying to PvP just getting rolled by superior numbers again and again. It doesn't help that when Delzoun started trending to win there was a mass exodus from Luskan to Delzoun. Bad for both parties since now Luskan hardly ever wins and Delzoun has a hard time getting into a GG match. As Luskan, I have never not been able to get into a GG match.

I feel bad because that is the reality, no one can deny it. Our own guild leaders(myself and 1 other atm) are debating leaving for luskan, but the problem is, we don't get dk. And were finally getting enough people on at times to want to do dk runs.

As far as the trash talking that delzoun do, I don't deny that I see that in zone chat. I also see it from luskan side too, though, and they lose sympathy points from me for it. This is what I experience 9 out of 10 times in a gg match... luskans get ganged up on at spawncamp. I get annoyed by it, and run PAST their spawn. At least let them in ffs! But, when I pass their spawns, the first thing I see is 2 or 3 luskans sitting on the edge, SHOOTING AT PEOPLE AS THEY PASS! you don't want to be spawncamped? leave the ones actually letting you in ALONE. I understand theres a-holes who do this, so why attack the ones who aren't? Back to the trash talking... yes, I see delzoun trash talking... but I also see luskan doing the same! kind of loses sympathy points about getting ganged by a bunch of delzoun, when they also do the same! Ive seen many a time when, yes, 5 delzoun may gang up on 1 or 2 luskan. BUT ive also seen multiple luskan gang up on 1 or 2 delzoun. At least I stand and fight. I see luskan run if numbers aren't in their favor, but rarely see delzoun run when the numbers aren't in theirs.

But, the trash talking commences. Ill admit I end up getting trolled by trash talkers. At least I can stand my ground in weight of overwhelming numbers.

But I digress... what they should do is open up dk for everyone who participates. Throw a little incentive to the winners though. Maybe the bosses drop 2 things for winners. Idk... but I do wish something would be done. Make a mercenary option... people get thrown into whatever side has lower numbers, or kick afk'ers , replacing with said "mercenaries"
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The problem is that the fee is 700 AD (or something) for a guild to switch sides.

Its a really easy fix for this, make it free to transfer to the side that is lacking players. And when its balanced, put the fee back.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    The problem is that the fee is 700 AD (or something) for a guild to switch sides.

Its a really easy fix for this, make it free to transfer to the side that is lacking players. And when its balanced, put the fee back.

As I'm not a guild leader or officer I've never looked into switching. So did you forget a K after that 700? Because 700AD is really pretty much free.
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I feel that Gauntlgrym should be changed into a simple 20 vs. 20 PvP match. Right now, it's better for Luskans to not bother trying to win because it gives them more coins if they lose faster. As a Luskan player, I can get 6 coins for losing twice or 10 coins for losing once and winning once. It's just going to get worse with the PvP patch since the currency used for tier 2 gear is the Seal of Triumph, not the Grym Coin. You don't need to participate in Gauntlgrym to earn Seals of Triumph, just complete the Domination Victory daily quest.

So yeah, something needs to be done.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Things I see in Gauntlgrym PvPs from a Luskan perspective:

1) Tons of people sitting in the spawn camp. I've even encountered some that have been vocal that it's somehow profitable to do. "The faster we lose, the more Grym coins we get, because we can run more PvPs!" Extremely frustrating. There should be a way to punch them through the Internet.

2) When the game starts up, everyone piles up on one side of the map to run in a single group. There have been cases where I have been the only one to go down on the left side.

3) People just run around in a big circle over and over and exercise no judgment in where they should move next. After a couple of circles, they die, and get stuck fighting at 3 and 4 rather than running elsewhere to cap something else to spread the fight out. So eventually, the whole team gets snared in like that. And then a lot of players are quick to somehow blame some kind of Delzoun "strategy" involving "spawn camping" for that, as opposed to a complete failure in their own play.

4) In the rare event that a decent fight occurs, we win, and it's some way into the game, so holding nodes would be nice, I often experience my so-called teammates running away from perfectly winnable fights, often drawn by the lure of half-captured platforms nearby. After all, scoring 300 points like that means you're contributing more than by holding or at least contesting a node.

5) Of course, then there are the Delzoun players, many of which talk a lot and hurl a bunch of insults -- some of the more vocal ones also tend to be not particularly good, but they are clearly full of themselves regardless. And in the event of spawn zone locking occurring, there are quite a few Delzouns who seem to enjoy getting into the Luskan spawn zone to kill people, which is just very poor sportsmanship.

For the time being, it seems that Luskans tend to be incompetent and stupid, while Delzouns are cowardly opportunists.

I do wish they'd give some hint that they're working on something to fix it. Even a smoke signal would do. If they came out and said that matchmaking would apply to GG PvP, that would help quite a lot, as it would probably effectively lock out the higher-rated Delzoun players in favor of lower-rated ones. If they strengthened the handicap mechanic which seems to exist (in that it seems the underdog team has an easier time winning the PvP boost), that would help as well. Or if they pulled a major revamp of some kind, that would probably be nice as well. The whole thing is badly designed right now. The incentives to do the PvE part are completely lacking, the PvP is wildly imbalanced.

The problem i have with this, is that its not entirely true:

1)luskans also talk trash. yes, i see it from both sides.

2)yes delzoun spawn kill. but ive also seen delzoun pass by spawn zones w/o attacking as well. guess what they get in return? several luskan mages/rangers attack from the ledge at their spawn. nice!

3)delzoun also tend to run 1 direction. quite often, i end up being on my slow as heck horse as only guy going other way. i give up on that tactic quite often when im the only one or 2 trying to cap other nearest spawn flag, to get overrun by 5 or 6 luskans.

Once again, not saying GG PVP isnt imbalanced.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As I'm not a guild leader or officer I've never looked into switching. So did you forget a K after that 700? Because 700AD is really pretty much free.
    I've paid it and yes, it's 700k AD or slightly more.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I play on the Luskan side since very long time now (I was Delzoun first, but at that time it was balanced). Usually I keep fighting when I see a realistic chance for winning or the match stays balanced. But when I see 6-10 people afk-ing at the spawn there is no point anymore to jump down and getting zerged. Otherwise I enjoy it and its fun on Luskan side.

The problem is that 'unintelligent' people on the Luskan side want to lose intentionally and therefore taking the fun out of the match for the rest who enjoy pvp (I once saw someone from our side using the lever as our team went over the bridge), and of course those people who dont like to lose often and prefer a long waiting queue instead by switching sides.

The only way to overcome this problem in the current state of the game is to tell Delzouns to change sides to Luskan, at least its more a challenge ;-)
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

Get smashed frequently enough and you won't try and forge on because it is futile and you'll just end up with FC, AGAIN. Once the Delzouns have taken the two nodes near your spawn point and are starting to congregate en masse below your spawn point, it is GG. This happened 4/5 months ago and I assume (I haven't been in GG for about 2 months now because of this) it is still persistent, or probably even worse.

You are just asking people to walk into a meat grinder when you and they know what the outcome will be. In the 2/3 months I did GG I got into DK TWICE. GG basically every second day for 2/3 months and two DKs.

It also helped that a DC's PvP gear is utter trash, so I could gladly wipe my hands off of that imbalanced mess.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.