test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account guard does not work.

icarius1icarius1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
About an hour ago while I was playing I found myself being booted out of the game for 'logging in from another location". I relogged in 4, 5, 6 times while trying to open the PW site on my other monitor to try and change the password. I believe I inconvenienced the person trying to access my account so much that they got annoyed and deleted my (only) character, level 60 DC on Dragon.

I have account guard active, I had an email in my email account that noted another person tried to access my account, but no authorization of access and no other computers listed other than mine in the authorized list. My gmail account is 2-factor authenticated with a 20 letter phrase based password, so I have a hard time believing someone got around that.

I've never used the Gateway, never used any web sites other than PW, NWN to access my account. I run Malwarebytes to detect malware.

I use the us1 cryptic proxy to connect, but seeing as though that is from cryptic I don't see how that could be a problem.

Frankly I'm at a loss as to how this happened. All the security in place seemed like overkill.

Does the new arcgames login have encryption?