test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Orb cosmetic bug

zengiahzengiah Member Posts: 30 Arc User
Can you please fix the ORB bug? ITS so ugly.

Everytime you get off a mount the orb gets bugged and it stays that way until you reslot your weapon.

2aij7eg.jpg
10pnlvc.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zengiah on

Comments

• Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is a thing that happens on both the live and preview servers. I've done a few tests, and came to a couple conclusions about how it works. If you want to test for yourself, feel free. it's caused by going into combat mode as a way to get off your mount - this means activating something the game considers to be a skill, including encounters, at-wills, dailies, invocation, and the utility power of your class (in the case of a wizard, that'd be the dodge teleport).

It ceases when you zone and if you never want to see it again, you need to get off your mount without using a skill - directly deactivating the the mount by pressing the mount button again (default 6 for characters from before Module 2, default 7 after). So, the easiest way to get rid of the bug is to mount up and get off your mount again, and it shouldn't show up in zones where you're not able to mount at all, such as dungeons or lairs.

Near as I can tell, this bug is created from a hangup in scripting - getting into combat mode while mounted bring your weapon to hand despite you being unable to use it, and it looks unenchanted because the shader effect for the enchantment is disabled while you're mounted. When you get back off your mount, the game correctly recognizes that it's supposed to send your orb back to its floating position above your shoulder, but because of the way weapon-to-hand effects take place going into combat mode by using a skill makes your enchantment shader go to your hand rather than your shoulder. The bug is larger than just this, as seen by the fact that when a wizard invokes it's their orb, rather than their right hand, that has divine light attached to it, and it's related to the fact that the orb is floating when it's meshed to the hand.

Been here for a long time. Nobody likes it. Hopefully whomever deals with bugs sees this - it can help to have a direct description when dealing with this sort of problem.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah this is an awful bug , it is the reason that I got rid of the Many arrows skull that I got from the first time they ran this Skirmish from my CW orb , now I use the Dread legion transmute orb which never seems to suffer from this bug.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    kiteareskiteares Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was testing this tonight with the help of a random stranger and the water balloon and came to the same conclusion as harnel.
    Dismount using some form of attack bugs the orb, remounting puts the orb back together.
    Dismount using the mount/dismount key and all is fine.
    The part of the orb that gets displaced is the part affected by enchantments.