test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seals and Bounty award ideas

majorlazer13majorlazer13 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
There is a ton of potential for bounty and seals in the meta game. I will try to convey what I mean in an understandable way :p
As it stands, at level 60 I have tons of unwanted bounty items in my treasure bag. For now all that is useful at level 60 is the drake seals and such. After you surpass the item level that those can buy, they are only good for buying items to salvage for unrefined AD. Here's my problem though: my unrefined AD pool is massive due to dailies and Leadership. So I don't have a use for these seals at all. Yup I already have the little rat thief companion (who annoys me to no end with his knockback). Aside from these seals, I have like ton of blue fire insignias and blackdagger coins. What if we put these to use?
An idea would be...at level 60 use 100 blackdagger coins to unlock a solo boss in a secrect area only you can access once paid for, that has a chest with gold/enchants in it after you've defeated foe. Or maybe, turn in ## blue fire insignias for ## residuum in spell plague. Orrr turn in ##unicorn seals for # brutal enchant. Or gold. Or AD. Or potions.
My point is we need to have more ways these chunks in the treasure bag can work for us that would be fun and constructive :cool:
What are you ideas? Please read DEVS!
Post edited by majorlazer13 on

Comments

• echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Or maybe something as simple as an item, like different gemstones, you can buy that can be used for refinement. Give pearls to the low level stores, Periodots to the higher level stores, and Aquamarines to the epic ones. Maybe even put wards in the epic ones.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • majorlazer13majorlazer13 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bingo. That is exactly what I mean. A scaling factor of refining items that correlate to the difficulty/level of seal. Scaling really wouldn't work for bounty items because you absorb so many during epic dungeons, so that would have to be currency or something.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Something along the lines of this ?

100 Lion = 1 Pearl
    100 Manticore = 1 Peridot
    100 Pegasus= 1 Aquamarine
    100 Unicorn= 1 Flawless Saphire
    100 Drake = 1 Flawless Ruby lol wishful thinking here but hey one can dream.

Personally I think a seal trader at a 100:1 ratio would go a long way toward using lower level seals.

100 Lions= 1 Manticore
    100 Manticore = 1 Pegasus
    Etc.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It would be very simple to add the refining items to the seal merchants, I'll even like dye bottles. I know the seal upgrades have been mentioned many times since the spellplague. :rolleyes:
  • majorlazer13majorlazer13 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Great outline dkarkaan. The increments of 100 sounds good, especically for the unicorn flawless sapphire ;) How about in addition to that, if we have an uneven number of a particular seal (say 37 manticore), we have more options to either trade up or have access to the lower tier refining supplies. Or like Valwryn said, 10 what ever seal gives you a dye bottle. And if you have 3 of those seals left you can just get a few coins for them. That way they're 100% viable for use in some way, not just in big round numbers.
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    100 Lion = 1 Pearl
    100 Manticore = 1 Peridot
    100 Pegasus= 1 Aquamarine
    100 Unicorn= 1 Flawless Saphire
    100 Drake = 1 Flawless Ruby lol wishful thinking here but hey one can dream.

Personally I think a seal trader at a 100:1 ratio would go a long way toward using lower level seals.

100 Lions= 1 Manticore
    100 Manticore = 1 Pegasus
    Etc.

That's kind of ridiculous. You might get 100 of the lower level seals from dungeons. Otherwise you're trading 20 bounty items for 1 seal (if I recall correctly for those bounties), so 2000 bounty items for 500 or 1500 refinement points. You're far better off farming resource nodes than dungeons at that point.

I also would like to see some use for bounty items and lower-level seals once you "out-level" them, but at a bit more realistic level.