test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Roleplaying/cosmetic requests for Devs

majorlazer13majorlazer13 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Ahllo NW community. My last few visits to the moonstone mask and Role Playing there have given me a few ideas for the devs to consider. I'm hoping to encourage others to share their constructive ideas in this regard as well. These requests shouldn't be too much of a burden to accomplish code wise. I mean during skirmish events and seasonal events we have seen plenty of great cosmetic items injected into the game with no problem. I'm hoping to further that line of thought outside of just the type of items we have seen so far. I RP with my tabletop D&D group often, and I believe this game literally revolves around quality RP instead of only smashing Velindra and PvP battlegrounds. I think the identity of this game is sort of lost due to there not being enough ways to RP. So here goes a few small RP wishes of mine ::cool:

1.) Sitting. LOL I know that sounds trite but consider that this is for role playing needs. When you sit in the moonstone mask with your toon there is only one type of sitting-with your legs crossed. I propose that there be different types of sitting or an adaptable form of sitting. For example: When I'm at the bar in the MSM, I would like to sit on the stool the way a normal bipedal creature would. Also the couches in the nooks and by the dance floor. Can we have a form of sitting like we are actually sitting in/on the benches or couches?

2.) main hand/off hand cosmetics. This may or may not break the bank (my hope is dim for this one). When we want to slip into civilian clothes for around town or going to the MSM, we only have 3 types of cosmetic dress. Don't get me wrong; I thoroughly enjoy the great costumes I've seen so far in this game, but there is even more potential here! Imagine a Lord with a main hand cane, and a offhand pipe? That's what I'm talking about! A learned scholar with a two handed walking staff or books/scrolls. A true court Lady with a fan. There could be many possibilities for two more types of costume slots. What would you like for these two item slots? Me I would like to see someone with an actual instrument and playing it :)

3.) Eating/Drinking. When we are in the tavern, I would like to actually take a draft of ale instead of just /me saying I am. Or sitting at a table properly (Covered in #1) and actually eating stew from a bowl.

4.) More interactive NPC's. I don't know if it's possible, but the guards recognize me at the kings throne room with a shout, so can the NPCs in the MSM say a few words to me or turn our way and maybe serve us something?

5.) Companion interactions. I LOVE all the varied companions in this game. I have gorged many an astral diamond getting quite a few companions. Not just for the passives, but the coolness element as well. My request is: can we please have them be able to emote or be able to type words through them, so it looks like they said it? How cool would that be if my Epic Blacksmith is able to talk smack?! Also make them sit or walk or draw a weapon. Anything would be great!

6.) I am begging you from the bottom of my heart please fix the FEY THISTLE BOON BUG. ohmygoodness my GF cannot sit or stand still for 2 seconds without going into a combat stance. That completely smashes the immersive feel of the RP aspect for my GF :( I know this has been hashed out by many in the bug/general thread areas but I cannot let the opportunity pass without mentioning it. My reason is purely RP in nature.

So that's it for me, please add any RP wants/ideas and hopefully we can gain some traction with making the game a little more quality for all.
Post edited by majorlazer13 on

Comments

• destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I agree with most of this, in addition, I'd like to add having access to the npc's emotes that they have in the foundry.
  • majorlazer13majorlazer13 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for reply! Yes I agree, and the foundry is a whole different animal. That's where big magic can happen for RP. you are totally right with being able to toggle emotes. How about have more than 5 people allowed in a foundry? I mean imagine your own made up RP environment, with tons of interactives, where your whole guild could kick it and RP. WOW that would be cool.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for reply! Yes I agree, and the foundry is a whole different animal. That's where big magic can happen for RP. you are totally right with being able to toggle emotes. How about have more than 5 people allowed in a foundry? I mean imagine your own made up RP environment, with tons of interactives, where your whole guild could kick it and RP. WOW that would be cool.

I agree. As much as I want that, I know thats going to take a significant bit of time to work into the game, simply because the system isnt there to support that many people to go into the foundry. They'd have to rework core things of the foundry to add that in.

Best thing I can see them doing is making Foundry maps themselves like temporary public zones. Right now they function more or less like a dungeon. it will be a hassle for them to do that and probably will have to focus specifically on that, like they are on those (mostly horrible) pvp changes.

Everything from 1,2,3, (possibly)5, and 6, the emotes would be the most easiest to implement, for all the resources are already there.

I'd also like to add in being able to disable visual of ANY armor peice rather than just the head and neck items. The system for that is also there, just no longer enabled.
  • heathermooreheathermoore Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It ought to be possible, on the other hand, to port over the hideout or starship concepts from CO and STO. Customizable, multiroom instanced personal spaces would be a good stopgap. The hideouts code supports up to ten characters and these were a good revenue generator for CO while they were still devoting time to them. I gather that the Open Starbase Project in STO supported even more characters, but I haven't visited any of those structures in that game.