test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3 best encounters for pvp and pve??

tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Library
So guys, I'm rolling CW, and I wanna do something like a little research... I know I could google it, but most of the stuff I found is outdated.

1- I wanna know what are your favorite 4 encounters combination for PVE (and the at-wills)

2- I wanna know what are your favorite 4 encounters combination for PVP (and the at-wills)

ty for the help!!!
Post edited by tourage16 on

Comments

• trippysmurf1trippysmurf1 Member Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    1. CoI, Steal time, Shard
    2. Shard, entangling force, icy rays
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    tourage16 wrote: »
    [...] I know I could google it, but most of the stuff I found is outdated.[...]
    You do not need to use Google, just use the sticky thread here and read Grimah's Comprehensive Wizard Guide--which is not outdated and still current.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Icy Ray owns in PVP, cast it on cw/hr/tr.
    Watch them scream.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The answer depends greatly on your paragon path and your feat selections, both for PVP and for PVE.
  • davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For PvE I use: CoI(mastery), Sudden Storm, Icy Terrain, Shard of Endless Avalanche

For PvP I use: Chill Strike(mastery), Icy Rays, Entangling Force, Ray of Enfeeblement
  • krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    As a renegade I run

tabbed chill strike - decent damage and AOE. I use as an opener to proc bitter cold
    shard - Great damage, prones, etc.
    steal time - CC's, good damage, wide area of effect. downside - Slow to cast and easy to interrupt
    sudden storm - Crazy damage. The one skill that never leaves my bar.
    Magic missile - renegade tree capstone is based on it

as my normal load out.

That said I switch out skills a lot. Repeal on tab for pushing. Icy terrain for steal time if cast time/interrupts is an issue. Ray of enfeeblement on tab if I am on the boss. Single target skills for fights without adds (final boss VT, MC), etc.
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tourage16 wrote: »
    So guys, I'm rolling CW, and I wanna do something like a little research... I know I could google it, but most of the stuff I found is outdated.

1- I wanna know what are your favorite 4 encounters combination for PVE (and the at-wills)

2- I wanna know what are your favorite 4 encounters combination for PVP (and the at-wills)

ty for the help!!!

First of all I don't PvP, Dungeons and Dragons (the actual PnP game) was never really balanced for PvP so you can't expect it to be no matter how hard you try. It was designed around party based PvE.

My encounters change depending on what's needed.

General Standard though... on the first 3.

Shards of Avalanche (more like Meteorite Strike)- The big kahuna of AoE. Knockdown and outstanding AoE damage.

Steal Time - The I'm stunning you because I have a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-ton of things on me so you can't kill me. Or, "hold that pose" I've just lined you up to be AoE'd like you've never been AoE'd before.

Shield - Yeah I don't like being one shotted in major boss fights. Tends to be a downer. And avoiding the.. I'm standing in so many Red Zone crossfires from multiple mobs that I'm about to get slaughtered and I was in the middle of casting a long spell.

In my Spell Mastery it could be one of many things depending on what's needed.

Generally its -
    Sudden Storm - the... I just strategically lined you up with Shards on top of a Steal Time and now I'm about to roll you over like bowling pins with a lightning strike in that big crowd. (Yeah this one I've done over of 100K total damage to a group of mobs in one shot)

Other possibilities...
    CoI - Is this a long haul damage over time where I have to be acting as the DD in the party because there's not enough on the main boss?
    Well here's the ticket for the slow burn. Solid, consistent damage over time. This one I use if I know I'm going to have to be acting as a Single Target damager rather than Crowd Control.

Enfeeblement - Again if I have to be a Single Target damager rather than Crowd Control. Or, if I am running Crowd Control combined with having to also be on the Boss a lot. This one goes in the Spell Mastery slot generally.

Chill Strike - This too is my single target damager, very short recast time, and can be used over and over very quickly for fast chunks of damage on a single target. With all 3 of the above I am literally using encounter powers just as fast as I can push buttons with no recast.

Repel - the Spellplague mainstay - This one I generally use in the spell mastery if things are coming at me so fast and furious I know my timers will not reset fast enough for CCing. Add this little diddy in, and nothing touches me. Or if there's a lot of ledges to throw things off to get instant kills on high HP mobs.

Generally though for the reasons listed.... my standard loadout is,
    1. Shards
    2. Steal Time
    3. Shield
    Spell Mastery - Sudden Storm.
  • almireldignoralmireldignor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What you usually want for PvE is Coi on tab, sudden storm (swap for icy terrain if more control is needed), shard, and steal time.

For PvP, most loadouts will likely change in the near future with tenacity and such, but for now what I recommend is Icy Rays on tab, entangling/repel, enfeeblement, and chill strike. Sometimes you will need to use shard, in which case you will want to put it on tab and move icy rays to chill strike's spot.