do i did something wrong with my control CW need help pls

syncmaster793dfsyncmaster793df Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Library
http://imgur.com/D9E2J7C character
http://imgur.com/BdMCycR Feats
http://imgur.com/meqtunm Boons1
http://imgur.com/QyQD1sM Boons2
hi all help
my cw gear score stay in 13 Gear score.I have see alot people like my Equiment but they gear score almost 14k or maybe higher.i am confused..what wrong with my CW? need help from expect community library help..
Post edited by syncmaster793df on

Comments

• Options
    nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You only have blue artefact and they have a lot of stat. Pushing them to purpul will help.
    After, you have enchant. High level enchant (8/9/10) have a lot of stat too.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    IMO having a high gear score is less important than having the gear that you want to have. You could boost your GS instantly if you had a 2/2 set instead of the 4pc Shadow Weaver set, but you obviously want the 4pc bonus from Shadow Weaver instead. Which is totally fine.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Regen = 0

I personally would not want to play without regen EVER AGAIN.

You might wanna take a look to the High Vizier set. Get regen boon. Get PvP artifact. Level it to max regen.

GS not important.
  • Options
    syncmaster793dfsyncmaster793df Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hi all
    thx for replay
    i have enchantment stone i put in my character slot
    head = Lesser Fey blessing Enchantment (utility slot)
    armor = azure enchantment rank 6 (defense slot)
    = lesser soulforge enchantment (armor enchantment slot)
    arms = (zero) (utility slot)
    main hand = radiant enchantment rank 7 (offense slot)
    = Vorpal Enchantment ( weapon Enchantment slot)
    talisman = radiant enchantment rank 7 (offense slot)
    feet = dark enchantment rank 5 (utility slot)
    neck = radiant enchantment rank 7 (offense slot)
    right ring = radiant enchantment rank 6 (defense slot)
    left ring = radiant enchantment rank 7 (offense slot)
    waist = dark enchantment rank 7 (offense slot)
    shirt = dark enchantment rank 7 (offense slot)
    trousers = radiant enchantment rank 6 (defense slot)
    i not always play pvp i always play dungeon PvE but yet my gear score still 13.i see alot character player they building have enchantment full rank 6 yet they gear score 13 is so weird.
    maybe i do something wrong in my cw build.i need help how to upgrade gear score.
    by the way do recovery is good for control wizard? i am thinking about changing my radiant enchantment at defense slot to silver enchantment.
    i have 3 dungeon i not have chance to finish or done yet castle never (always stuck with thrid boss),Malabog's Castle and Valindra's tower.Player always demand gear score for 14k or higher and i do not have chance to play.Queue always got me kick,i got not complete party,Have to wait for 3 hours sometime not working.
    see this is my trouble and i am wonder if MC or VT for only VIP player who pay for good item.
    thx for read
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I think your main problem is you're trying to queue with speedrunning idiots, because

A)14k is overkill for everything in the game, and
    B)gear score tells you absolutely nothing about player skill

My advice would be to...stop queueing like this.

If you're dead set on boosting your gear score, however, getting a 3rd artifact would help (PvP one is useful), as would getting at least one of those you have to purple. I'd suggest the waters (because regen woo).
  • Options
    ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    u have no weapons set, those will boost ur gear score (any set will do).
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes recovery is very important. It's your most important stat, because CWs deal most of their control and damage via their encounters, not via their at-wills. You want to get your recovery up in to the 2.8k-3.2k range.
  • Options
    f2pnwf2pnw Member Posts: 98
    edited February 2014
    with hv and weapon set u should be more then 13,7
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1) HV set is better than SW for a spellstorm mage
    2) 3k crit is very inefficently with EotS - drop crit
    3) your ArP is too low - boost it up to about 2540
    4) Too few defensive stats in general. I would take the defensive boons, personally.
    5) Endless Consumption >>>> rampaging madness
    6) The catalog is a bit of a waste on a CW. My personal opinion is Book > Lantern > Waters > Crown > Skull > Eye >>>>>> Catalog. Book and Crown are expensive, but Lantern, Waters, Skull is great
    7) Renegade is more of a PvP thing to me right now, if you want to do PvE - go thaum. FPT, Elemental Empowerment, and Assailing Force are amazing.
    8) Plaguefire is cheaper than vorpal, but will have better team DPS. If you run EotS/Stormspell, GPF is probably BIS.
    9) To get your ArP up, drop the radiants for darks in offense slots. You won't notice much if you lose 1000 power, but if you gain 1000 arp you will do more damage :D
    10) craft fomorians or fallen dragons
    11) If you want to buy ancients, please buy from me <3

Good luck! :D
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Regarding gear score, you are missing 4 feats that would increase your gear score.
    1 point in Toughness - only matters if you really need more health.
    3 points in Prestidigitation - not required, but increases all of your stats & all of your team mates stats & stacks with Prestidigitation from other CWs in group.