test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mc buffed?

syrisdavirus242syrisdavirus242 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
Was just wondering if anyone who ran mc yesterday was having issues. The 2 cws I was with was saying the shards was passing through the enemy's. I was running it on my hr and the poweries were killing me in 2 shots which never happened before. It was a great change having to worry about the small stuff and not just powering through it. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Noticed no changes. Incidentally, HR roots can mess up shard for CWs.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    syrisdavirus242syrisdavirus242 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited February 2014
    Ah maybe that what it was. Will let my guides know when I get on.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The shard bug is known and can actually sometimes be caused by HR powers.

In terms of all those reports that dungeons have been buffed: Some are speculating they increased the high-end damage of some attacks to make tanks more needed. But I'd file that under misperception.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Just ran it again this morning. Average gear score of party was 12k. Was much easier than yesterday when the average gear score was 14k. Wonder if they made it scale with the gear. If they did that would be great.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just ran it again this morning. Average gear score of party was 12k. Was much easier than yesterday when the average gear score was 14k. Wonder if they made it scale with the gear. If they did that would be great.

Nope, you just played with poor players.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Nope, you just played with poor players.
    Would like to agree with you it it wasn't play style it was the damage output of the mobs seemed higher than this morning.
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Pretty sure they have other things to worry about than dungeon difficulty. No matter what gear you wear, most of them are pretty easy. Gear just makes runs quicker because you can kill faster. GS does not define skill. I've gotten some 16k GS cws or 15k GS DCs, but if they do not utilize their skills/dodge properly than the run will be much harder. For instance, today I ran MC and the cw used ice storm and repel... hardest MC of my life.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    lazuree wrote: »
    Pretty sure they have other things to worry about than dungeon difficulty. No matter what gear you wear, most of them are pretty easy. Gear just makes runs quicker because you can kill faster. GS does not define skill. I've gotten some 16k GS cws or 15k GS DCs, but if they do not utilize their skills/dodge properly than the run will be much harder. For instance, today I ran MC and the cw used ice storm and repel... hardest MC of my life.

haha wow, I'd never let a CW get away with that, I always tell my party members if they're quite obviously using the wrong powers. Anyway some of the stronger AOE's are coded to be ineffective while certain other control powers are active. For instance using sudden storm on a pile of mobs being sucked into an AS (same for shard) will just pass right through them. Sometimes this bugs and your shard will pass through 5 mobs without blowing up, can't really be helped. Try not pushing the shard until CC effects end, you get more mastery stacks by doing this anyway (and prone them again right after).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For instance, today I ran MC and the cw used ice storm and repel...
    the cw used ice storm and repel...
    ice storm and repel
    Why did you let them do that. You should've raged or just "miss-healed" until they got the message.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For instance, today I ran MC and the cw used ice storm and repel... hardest MC of my life.

I hate the idea of kicking players from parties for no reason but I think that when a level 60 CW is using these skills in MC or in any instance where they are completely unnecessary you should call them out on it , give them the chance to change useful skills in and if they refuse then I think you would be fully justified in starting a kick vote , otherwise you are just carrying a dps killer all the way through the dungeon.
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tbh I really couldn't complain, I was running with 3 tr's too who I knew:)
    as long as he put up a singularity once in awhile it was fine.
    My favorite part is when i'd cast a hallowed ground and he'd stand 2 feet away from it as it if it were a red aoe with 3 adds on him >.<
    Anyways, pugs will be pugs, just got to carry hard enough to get through it...
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well at least you're making the game more interesting by increasing the difficulty. Anti-Control Wizards ftw :)
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014

Respect for you, I would have just drop group it hurts my eyes to even watch them doing so.
  • Options
    demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014

Join in the fun, use sunburst with divinity.
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The worst are the pugs that think blue circles are the insta-kill ones and the red ones heal you... how can you be 60 and still think that.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    And then pug DCs put yellow circles down to confuse them even more

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    And then pug DCs put yellow circles down to confuse them even more
    lol. To true.
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And then there is the fallicy of GS. A 12K CW wearing the HV set is probably helping the group more than a 14K CW wearing a mixed set. If the group kills faster it doesn't matter what your personal numbers are, you still get in faster and smoother runs.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well at least you're making the game more interesting by increasing the difficulty. Anti-Control Wizards ftw :)

Is that the new class? The "Out of Control" Wizard? :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    jazharajazhara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    And then there is the fallicy of GS. A 12K CW wearing the HV set is probably helping the group more than a 14K CW wearing a mixed set. If the group kills faster it doesn't matter what your personal numbers are, you still get in faster and smoother runs.

think that depends on the sets used, builds used and skill with those builds, i run full champion mage set and find the cooldown on the tab to be quite helpful, 13.4k gs + stone helps to :P

biggest problems i tend to see are idiots using the wrong skills in the wrong places and horrible builds.

we got a GWF in my guild who needs to respec so badly its not even a little funny...nice guy but his dps is always at the bottom even behind the DC's in the group who are there to heal.

also, if you mix 2 good sets it can be as good or better then HV's full set bonus, but you gotta look at what the bonuses your gonna get are not just mix 2 random sets to get higher GS.....i see alot of that from people who think they cant get a party as a CW without 14k......at 11k i had zero issues with getting parties and running any dungeon I wanted to run.....just gotta be smart and try and stay out of the red when you can :P
  • Options
    jazharajazhara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    on another note: MC was altered when we ran it last time, we saw spiders and some other spawns that we had never run into there before, despite clearing it 15+ times.

not sure about damage output on mobs, as i try and avoid getting hit......I do notice though that HR are more squishy then CW, part of why my HR gets played less then my CW honestly....
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jazhara wrote: »
    think that depends on the sets used, builds used and skill with those builds, i run full champion mage set and find the cooldown on the tab to be quite helpful, 13.4k gs + stone helps to :P

biggest problems i tend to see are idiots using the wrong skills in the wrong places and horrible builds.

we got a GWF in my guild who needs to respec so badly its not even a little funny...nice guy but his dps is always at the bottom even behind the DC's in the group who are there to heal.

also, if you mix 2 good sets it can be as good or better then HV's full set bonus, but you gotta look at what the bonuses your gonna get are not just mix 2 random sets to get higher GS.....i see alot of that from people who think they cant get a party as a CW without 14k......at 11k i had zero issues with getting parties and running any dungeon I wanted to run.....just gotta be smart and try and stay out of the red when you can :P

It really depends on what kind of CW you are, because as a Thaum CW you have no mention for not using HV and CoI, because you should maximize your ability to debuff enemies, you are much more useful if you try to maximize the parties DPS than your own. On the other hand as a Renegade CW your all about maximizing your own DPS, so using 2/2 Fabled+Dread Legion is very popular, but you can pretty much use any equipment you want, there are less selfish Renegade builds out there that too, which recommends using HV or SW set.

As for MC, they usually modify it, sometimes they buff it, sometimes they make it easier, or the mobs is MC just have a very big range of damage, because i've seen the same mob hitting me for 1000 on one occassion and one hitting me on the next day. The biggest range of damage i've seen from Totemists & Warriors, they can hit anywhere from 1k to 30k.
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Also relying on the numbers shown on the screen is not really helpful since it shows the damage received and not the actual damage of the attack. I recommend using ACT for finding out the actual numbers. And don't forget about the fact that mobs can have combat advantage and can crit too, and a crit from CA does a lot more damage than simple hit.

Another thing affecting damage numbers is the team composition, better said the other team members build, rotation, enchantment, because there a lot of feats, encounters, enchantments and even racials and at-wills that can buff DR or debuff the enemies attack and if the majority or all of them are active at the moment you receive the damage you can get almost no damage from even the most powerful attack. For example a GF/GWF with the right amount of buffs active can survive the Fulminorax's & Valindra's lightning attack in the bombardment phase, even though that deals ~80k dmg unmitigated, iirc.

Sry for the double post, but the edit is not working.
  • Options
    vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i think i have this issue too, got 1-hit killed by the freaking Storm Shaman, on a gwf with 33k hp
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I quite like the low drop rate of MC and VT artifacts, these are meant to be the best artifacts in the game, so it shouldn't be easily obtained. I have done runs in both MC and VT where it has dropped.

• Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I quite like the low drop rate of MC and VT artifacts, these are meant to be the best artifacts in the game, so it shouldn't be easily obtained. I have done runs in both MC and VT where it has dropped.

Never saw a single artifact drop from probably hundreds of dungeon runs (especially if I count CN, cause people say artifacts drop there as well - not for me tho'). I have 700+ hundreds of seals from MC and VT. No artifacts though.

So from my perspective, they are too rare by far - especially as Cryptic is obviously gonna come up with better and better artifacts all time.

Gotta hate spending 3-6 AD millions/artifact just to have to start again lol.
  • Options
    vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    instead of increasing the drop rate, maybe add it to the possible drops of DD chest and/or the final boss.(afaik they don't drop on 3rd boss or DD). Same with V. shard should be added to DD chest.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    we just had the catalogue dropping from 3rd boss in CN, that's my first time seeing a random artifact drop

as far as Emblem and Shard goes, right now there's 6 Emblems and 3 Shards up on AH, which I feel is the right amount that should be up there imo

Cryptic will never increase this drop rate or make it drops from DD chest, I'm sure they're liking the fact that if someone wants to buy it, they'll need 6mil+ AD to get it, and there will be people that is going to purchase more Zen to get enough AD to get one, what makes you think they'll do something to help the f2p?