test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

skill kit success

tigerspawn1tigerspawn1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
It would be nice if our toons could learn how to open other class’s skill nodes without kits. Perfect world should reward us for opening X amount of skill nodes of a certain class by increasing our chance of success with skill nodes of that class. There would be different levels of rewards like there are for monster slaying and each level would require X amount of skill nodes to open in order to reach the next level. Each reward level would increase a player’s level of success until the player was able to open other class’s skill nodes as easily as they can their own class.
Post edited by tigerspawn1 on

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Or just make all skill kits give 100% chance to work and make them cost 2 silver rather than the current 1.5 silver with 75% chance. Same average cost but a quality of life improvement...
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Or, even better, Cryptic should get rid of ALL skill kits and you increase your chance of using your class's skill as you succeed in opening them to a maximum of 2% per level. Then the chance of opening a skill node would be Skill Node % x Class Skill %.

At 50th level, you could have 100% chance x 75% skill node = 75% chance of opening.
    At 60th, you'd have 120% chance x 75% skill node = 90% chance of opening.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Or just make all skill kits give 100% chance to work and make them cost 2 silver rather than the current 1.5 silver with 75% chance. Same average cost but a quality of life improvement...

I think the chance of failure should remain. You might have the tools to open the node but you don't have the skills to use the tools. I think that after you have opened X amount of a certain type of node your skill at opening them should increase and your success rate should increase. Eventually you should be able to learn the skill that it takes to open the node with out a kit.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Or, even better, Cryptic should get rid of ALL skill kits and you increase your chance of using your class's skill as you succeed in opening them to a maximum of 2% per level. Then the chance of opening a skill node would be Skill Node % x Class Skill %.

At 50th level, you could have 100% chance x 75% skill node = 75% chance of opening.
    At 60th, you'd have 120% chance x 75% skill node = 90% chance of opening.

The problem with this solution is that some players rarely open skill nodes. I have met characters that only open the ones that they can without kits. I have also met level 60 players that don’t bother with skill nodes. Why should someone that never opens nodes be rewarded just because they increase in level? I like the idea that opening skill nodes is a skill and through opening more nodes your toons learn the skill.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why should someone that never opens nodes be rewarded just because they increase in level? I like the idea that opening skill nodes is a skill and through opening more nodes your toons learn the skill.

No -- NOT rewarded - ONLY increases through use -- the 2%/level would be a CAP so you (and bots/farmers) can't just bot their way to 100% success.