test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's best for a CW, a cat or a ioun stone of allure?

kralmoekralmoe Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I would appreciate if someone could tell me which one is better for a CW and why. Thanks in advance!
Post edited by kralmoe on

Comments

• Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Either one are pretty much equal but stone might be cheaper so get the stone
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Stone is considerably cheaper, enough so to make the stone a no-brainier over the cat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the difference between a cat and a stone of allure is the stone has a base of:

Hit Points:

Power:

Critical Strike:

Recovery:

and the cat has a base of:

Hit Points:

Critical Strike:

Recovery:

and at blue level,
    the cat's active bonus is:
    Reduce falling damage by 25%
    +125 Deflect

and the stone's active bonus is:
    (On Encounter Use) 7% chance to slow target.

the cat's cost is 833k AD which translates to 2192z at the rate of 380 AD per 1z and the stone's cost is about 456k AD which is 1200z and that is at the rate of 380 AD per 1z.

if you're on a budget, the stone is the way to go. the base power on the stone is also nice.

you can find more information on augment companions here at the official wiki:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Augment
  • Options
    kralmoekralmoe Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thx for the info. I think I am going for the stone :)
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Stone of Might - Trade Bars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    veramis1veramis1 Banned Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Ioun stone of allure gives power/crit/recovery, at epic has 10% chance at encounter use to slow opponents. Procs very often with certain powers like steal time.

Cat gives crit/recovery, which I think a bit more preferable than power, at epic 50% less damage from falling and 200 deflection. The fall protection is very good versus dracolich if you do a lot of CN, but most fhe time the 50% reduced fall damage is wasted and the 200 deflection is all that matters, and 200 deflection will only result in about 0.6-0.7% less damage taken over time, which although not much isn't that bad.

Ioun stone of might gives power/recovery/armor penetration/deflect, at epic 5% stamina regeneration, which is pretty powerful for cw since cw dodge is great.

Any of the three are viable, but I'd go ioun stone of allure if you want an active bonus with a little bit of crowd control, cat if you do a lot of CN and think the reduction in fall damage would help you, and ioun stone of might if you use dodge a lot and think you would like the stamina gain. If you feel uncertain, j ust go ioun stone of allure, it procs more often on cw than it should.