test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Versatile support cleric build (dio's build)

2»

Comments

• lxfanglxfang Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Thanks. :)

Thanks, I didn't know that feat was so useless. The tooltip is very similar to foresight, so, yes, that's confusing. Indeed, people sticking to miracle healer should pick toughness. That's a relevant option, among other possibilities.
    Then it's clearly a bug and I'm surprised you're actually advocating for using it in a build instead of reporting it.

Start being consistent. You don't have a problem with the Restoration Mastery tooltip being different from the actual effect while you call the Enduring Relief effect a bug that people shouldn't be supporting because its tooltip is different. Hell, who can really trust a tooltip, look at what they did with Miracle Healer. It used to say it heals allies, plural, but look what happens when that gets reported. Instead of fixing it, they just changed the tooltip. Quit being so picky.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wouldn't it be nice if they just "fixed" Miracle Healer instead of correcting the tooltip. Imagine being able to heal everyone around you for 1k-1.5k HP per encounter use - makes you wonder why the devs even bothered to give us extra healing powers.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • scozzersscozzers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014

Then it's clearly a bug and I'm surprised you're actually advocating for using it in a build instead of reporting it.

Show me where I advocated using it in a build?
    I merely clarified it's mechanics vis a vis the tooltip after you accused someone of exploiting tab because you had no idea how the feat actually worked.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    scozzers wrote: »
    Show me where I advocated using it in a build?
    I merely clarified it's mechanics vis a vis the tooltip after you accused someone of exploiting tab because you had no idea how the feat actually worked.
    +1.
    Even if it is a bug, if everyone take advantage of using it while you don't, you will perform worse than them, which means you are forced to use it too to be as competitive as the others. Sure you may ignore this feat like i do, because i go deepstone blessing~~ :)
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Update: artifacts and companion subsection has been added.
  • lennilenapelennilenape Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you are still trying to pick a 5th companion, I would recommend the dancing blade, if you don't mind the arm and the leg Wylie charges. It gives 3% crit severity at blue. Idk what it's purple active bonus will be, my guess would be 5%.
    edited March 2014
    If you are still trying to pick a 5th companion, I would recommend the dancing blade, if you don't mind the arm and the leg Wylie charges. It gives 3% crit severity at blue. Idk what it's purple active bonus will be, my guess would be 5%.

Thanks, that's one of the possibilites I didn't mention. I don't think 5% more crit severity on a cleric is worth 1.5M ADs. Might be great for dps classes, but for clerics, I don't see how I could call this a significant improvement.
  • lennilenapelennilenape Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It was my understanding that this was a crit central build. I felt that it was worth mentioning because of that, if with a disclaimer of it being an expensive option.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It was my understanding that this was a crit central build. I felt that it was worth mentioning because of that, if with a disclaimer of it being an expensive option.

It wasn't a terrible idea, but you can almost certainly find something as useful or perhaps better for the same or lower cost. You'd have a difficult time noticing the difference that 5% additional crit severity makes.

Also, crits do help tremendously in the healing department as well as in overall damage, but the DC's contribution when played as a support role doesn't completely depend on them. IMO it's preferable to build as much crit as is reasonable, and I personally prefer Perfect Vorpal for my DC weapon enchant, but I wouldn't go so far as to start building a companion roster around crit chance or severity. What's available through the build and through gear is sufficient.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited March 2014

It's not a wrong choice. But currently I have a perfect vorpal on my half elf DC, which means 126% crit severity. I'm not convinced going up to 131 at the cost of an active companion slot and 1.5M ADs is a choice I wouldn't regret though. with 40% crit chance, it's only a 2% increase in the healing department, and not on all spells: Astral shield can't crit, and I have never checked if astral seal was affected by crit severity (yes, shame on lazy me). So for now it's mostly a sunburst/healing word, and maybe astral seal buff. Which should mean something like 1% more healing. It's far from being game breaking, and if galeb Durh works as I think it does, it's better. I'm still looking for this pet on preview, but no one seems to be selling that.

I'm mostly waiting for new pets though. If they make something on par with the rust monster clerics have a use for, it's going to fill my 5th slot. If one can afford a 1.5M pet he will have to change at some point, that's great for him, but for me, not so much.
  • lordshitpostlordshitpost Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I did not read through the whole thread (and it might be a necro, sorry), but I'd like to point out that Linked Spirit is not working together with Astral Shield. That's intended unfortunally. If you love this fear as much as I do, use Forgemasters Flame. The uptime is very good and you cover a large area, if used correctly.
    edited September 2014
    I did not read through the whole thread (and it might be a necro, sorry), but I'd like to point out that Linked Spirit is not working together with Astral Shield. That's intended unfortunally. If you love this fear as much as I do, use Forgemasters Flame. The uptime is very good and you cover a large area, if used correctly.

Old patchnotes suggest the opposite. It's supposed to trigger linked spirit, the icon appears, but it has never been fixed. It was supposed to be a compensation for the Righteousness rework for pvp purposes... And ultimately we never got it.