test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is this armor called? (Menzoberranzan Renegade)

arusenarusen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/13/jan/dudes.jpg

Does anyone know? I'm guessing it's some kind of rogue armor.
Post edited by arusen on

Comments

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Unless I'm mistaken I don't think that armor is available in the game.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    In the foundry it is called, Master Infiltrator's Masterful Armor - A. It is however not available to players as armor for their own rogues (though one of the companions uses it). All of the classes (except maybe HRs) have pieces of armor intended for their class in the foundry costume creator that aren't available as drops in the game.
  • arusenarusen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    In the foundry it is called, Master Infiltrator's Masterful Armor - A. It is however not available to players as armor for their own rogues (though one of the companions uses it). All of the classes (except maybe HRs) have pieces of armor intended for their class in the foundry costume creator that aren't available as drops in the game.
    So they show an armor you can't get in the game on a race they charge you money for? If that's not false advertising, I don't know what is.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The armor was most likely intended to be in the game, but just never found a set to put it with. The set that is one step down from that piece is used as the drake seal armor set IIRC.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    arusen wrote: »
    So they show an armor you can't get in the game on a race they charge you money for? If that's not false advertising, I don't know what is.

No it is not false advertizing. There is nothing saying that you can get access to all types of armour that is shown in images some armor is unique to the NPCs in game.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Perhaps they will make it one of the new t2.5 sets
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The availability of that armor (and why it didn't come with the Menzo Drow (Hero) package (since adverts proclaimed "including costume") is an argument that literally dates back more than a year since Feb 8th Closed Beta.

All we can do is hope that someday it will become available. However, I suspect *if* it were to become available it will go only to the Hero Pack purchasers or there will be shouts of "Bait and Switch" such as the world has not heard in a really long time.

I remember it was a rather loud, shrill debate, when the Developer answer was "Costume refers to the skin color and tattoos only, not the outfit" (paraphrased).

TL;DR: I wouldn't hold my breath on ever seeing it on a player.