test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can there be Super Epic cross zone quests in this game?

arielluariellu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Although I think the quests in this game are interesting and reasonably fun to play. But will there ever be something that is a bit more challenging in terms of applying some intelligence or gathering of components across the Neverwinter world for example combining of named BOP items to get a component for a class super epic item. So there is still the grinding in terms of getting sufficient named items and the randomness of the combine, so not breaking the game model, but providing more of a distance goal for an exclusive super epic set based on effort, luck and randomness. Not to mention bag space. :)
Post edited by ariellu on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes - but only by creating it yourself in the Foundry. There are not many like this by Cryptic (unless you found the Spellplague Tower quest series with Linkletter and his wife - but I would;t call that "epic").
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I gotta say it's pretty sad when my CW can kill 4 pit fiends at the same time by himself in less than half a minute...

Some more challenging stuff in the solo zones would be cool, especially since grouping is always an option...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    The main social zones are intentionally easy-to-kill mobs with a few 'brutes' scattered about (and intentionally placed to be avoidable by players). This is where Cryptic (rightly so) sticks to the lowest common denominator in terms of difficulty. Ideally: The zone mob difficulty level will be just low enough that someone who is within three or four "skill" level below the intended zone level-range can still successfully (albeit, with a difficult challenge) navigate the area.

Hence: I don't think it's "sad" that this is the case. If you believe it's a pathetic (my word, not yours) scenario, then it would behoove you to simply go to a more difficult zone, or better yet: create your own Foundry Quests that meet your expectations and desires.

#JustSayin'
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would love to see something like this implemented:

1. Heal a renegade drow spy in the whispering caverns before he dies with the gathered intelligence(one AoE healing spell must be cast near the diying npc): Reward: the recipe to build a powerful artefact.
    2. Gather various pieces of the artefact in various locations.
    3. Forge the artefact in Hotenow, place the artefact in a forge and hit it with several steel attacks and cast one fire AoE Spell to complete.
    4. Enchant the artefact with a dragon breath. Must be hit for damage, from one of X dragon foes where x gives the artefact power, while carrying the artefact. (dragons location to be determined randomly, ie one could spawn in tower district when questing player spawns there making it a mini event and forcing the players to get hit before populace kills the dragon.) Green Dragon gives it acid/Dot damage, red = Fire, etc.

But as mention in a previous post the most compelling Quest/Arc being The spellplague line, I doubt we'd see something like that.
    edited February 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    I would love to see something like this implemented:

1. Heal a renegade drow spy in the whispering caverns before he dies with the gathered intelligence(one AoE healing spell must be cast near the diying npc): Reward: the recipe to build a powerful artefact.
    2. Gather various pieces of the artefact in various locations.
    3. Forge the artefact in Hotenow, place the artefact in a forge and hit it with several steel attacks and cast one fire AoE Spell to complete.
    4. Enchant the artefact with a dragon breath. Must be hit for damage, from one of X dragon foes where x gives the artefact power, while carrying the artefact. (dragons location to be determined randomly, ie one could spawn in tower district when questing player spawns there making it a mini event and forcing the players to get hit before populace kills the dragon.) Green Dragon gives it acid/Dot damage, red = Fire, etc.

But as mention in a previous post the most compelling Quest/Arc being The spellplague line, I doubt we'd see something like that.

I agree: This could be an awesome campaign without needing to create (from scratch) new content (such as maps, etc) - simply repurpose existing content (like they did with the Barrows in the Artifact Quest at Blackdagger Ruins - that crypt was always there as a bonus instance - repurposed for the artifact hunt).

Hopefully Cryptic will find the time and motivation to do something like this (even if it were an event)