GG PvP - snapshot view

nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
Data aquired just now:
10s before Armories of Moradin (aka. GG PvP) starts:

Luskan: 7 instances with ~50 players each = 350 players
Delzoun: 22 instances with ~60 (50-70) players each = 1320 players

3 minutes into the Event:
Luskan: 7 instances with ~25 players each = 175 players (guess they do not wan to PvP)
Delzoun: 22 instances with ~50 players each = 1150 players (Gues a lot of them want to PvP, but are on the wrong side of the fence)

May I ask if there is any plan to make all happier?
Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
Post edited by nameexpired on

Comments

• Options
    nallifnallif Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What do you mean by "all happier?"
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    funny stats, but it`s more safe for delzoun to just stay outside in pve, get 1 point and done with the required dk things.
  • Options
    zugzug3zugzug3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Easiest solution would be to open up DK to both sides. Wouldn't really fix the PvP imbalance but it would make it meaningless.

Honestly though I doubt anything will be done at this point.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zugzug3 wrote: »
    Easiest solution would be to open up DK to both sides. Wouldn't really fix the PvP imbalance but it would make it meaningless.

+50 million
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nallif wrote: »
    What do you mean by "all happier?"

introduce a kind of equilibrium so that those who want to PvP do PvP in a way that they have a chance to win.
    And give Luskans a chance to pay a visit to this dwarven king.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    silgalian1silgalian1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Seems to me opposing sides based on guild choice is not working. Last 3 GG I tried I have not managed to get into the pvp match at all and when I do its always in the last 3 mins so you don't really get a game which can be a real drag when you've spent 30mins pve'ing and another 30 just sat waiting. If everyone is on the same team then come up with new entry criteria e.g. get rid of sides, put all players into a pool and draw teams from that pool, grouped players staying with their group. I like GG so it would be nice to be able to get in again without changing guild. They are supposed to be changing pvp soon lets hope this is addressed.
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Does anyone know how many Gauntlgrym PvP matches are going on at a time? How many total players get in?
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As long as it reaches a group of 24 (?) for each side (delzoun/luskan), it should start a match. But again the people have to queue. You don't have to queue to participate in the dungeons after. So even with large number of instances/players, if no one queues it wont matter. Since Luskan have had the short end of the stick since the server merges, I highly doubt they have the motivation to participate in the pvp.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I honestly don't care much if at all for DK, all I want is to get into PvP, which should be as balanced as possible.

For those thinking "OMG, DK is so great loot", since I switched to Delz I ran it at least 40 times, and I've seen 2 T2 pieces. If you think this is good loot... ok. I'd run that other dungeon everybody runs instead any day.
  • Options
    harkonentrooperharkonentrooper Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Data aquired just now:

Luskan: 7 instances with ~25 players each = 175 players (guess they do not wan to PvP)*tired of losing all the time plus playing for a measly amount glory and coin is not fun*
    Delzoun: 22 instances with ~50 players each = 1150 players (Gues a lot of them want to PvP, but are on the wrong side of the fence) *Easy way to win*
    zugzug3 wrote: »

Why are you contradicting yourself? Solution = fixing stuff, if it wont fix anything it wouldnt be a "fix".

Easiest fix is just to change that **** "Luskan" name, no one wants to play the bad guy PERIOD. Change this to some other generic dwarf clan (to hell with sticking with the novel), do this! You'll see people will be easier to accept the other team.

One solution other is to make it easy for everyone to switch sides, that means no 750k AD (really devs? do you need to be so greedy charging for everything) just to switch sides. Easy to switch sides > faster queue > better teams can get to the other side.

Change it to a quest with 2-3 days CD.

OR

Make it change for free (which I doubt they would do that).

Right now pvp just sucks, it's just another gear grind treadmill with a different skin.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It wasn't like this on mindflayer, I have to assume that some of the guilds changed sides after the merger to have a better chance of winning. It's the attitudes of the players that need fixing, people want to face roll instead of compete and this is what we end up with. This isn't the GG that we need, but it's the one that we deserve...
  • Options
    lemonspeedlemonspeed Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Data aquired just now:

Luskan: 7 instances with ~25 players each = 175 players (guess they do not wan to PvP)
    Delzoun: 22 instances with ~50 players each = 1150 players (Gues a lot of them want to PvP, but are on the wrong side of the fence)

Implement what WoW did for wintergrasp. What's that, 10 times more delzoun queuing for GG? How do you like that 1000% damage and health buff within the GG pvp matches?
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lemonspeed, that is actually a nice idea.
    2e2qwj6.jpg