test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The pack strikes at night

ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Hi, everyone,

I have revised and updated The Pack Strikes at Night (NW-DHAJI6EBE)

It is one of my first quests. It has some outdoors maps and a Crypt map. It is fairly long, 15 minutes I hope it costs you to go through it.

The summary says:
A note is posted on the job board: it has written on the paper on a childish hand some words that you can't fully understand. It talks about a dissapeared man and the Frost Forest.

You take the note and see that, on the back of it, there are two letters: Market Square.

There has combat, story/dialogue and an optional objective at the end, on the Crypt.

If you are interested on my quest, post your impressions/reviews and the short code and title of your quest and I will be reviewing it soon.
Post edited by ladypeanut66 on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I have edited and redone the entire quest. Still open to review trade.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The quest is now under New Tab or Best Tab. Still open to review trade
  • Options
    tiborrustiborrus Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi, ladypeanut66!

I just played your quest with my Lev.60. GWF. Good first Foundry!
    Some advices:

- In the Frost Mountain and Crypt need music and ambient sounds(in the Crypt I heard sound before the Lich fight only.That was very lovely!)
    - Exit the lake -> no waipoint for the quest objective in the very big map!It was a little frustrating...
    - Many encounters avoidable(the patrolling enemies was good idea!)
    - The Guardsmen Post -> perfect detailed map!
    - Exit the Crypt -> I arrived in front of the Guardsmen Post door. I think, it's not too good, one of the Worldgate is better.

But congratulation, this is an enjoyable, simple, not to hard Foundry! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tiborrus wrote: »
    Hi, ladypeanut66!

I just played your quest with my Lev.60. GWF. Good first Foundry!
    Some advices:

- In the Frost Mountain and Crypt need music and ambient sounds(in the Crypt I heard sound before the Lich fight only.That was very lovely!)
    - Exit the lake -> no waipoint for the quest objective in the very big map!It was a little frustrating...
    - Many encounters avoidable(the patrolling enemies was good idea!)
    - The Guardsmen Post -> perfect detailed map!
    - Exit the Crypt -> I arrived in front of the Guardsmen Post door. I think, it's not too good, one of the Worldgate is better.

But congratulation, this is an enjoyable, simple, not to hard Foundry! :)

Hi, tiborrus!

Thank you for playing the quest! If you tell me one of your quests, I will be reviewing it soon! :)

About the comments:

- I am now putting the music on those maps (Crypt and Frost Mountain) Yeah, I put a summoning sound on the Lich's room ;)
    - Exit the Lake is actually a map transition. I dunno why it won't show the quest path, but I have fixed it putting an additional objective.
    - Thank you! The Guardsmen Post was difficult to detail, though I am getting better at detailing. My first maps were really undetailed XD
    - Fixed the Exit the Crypt.

It will take some time until I update the quest because of the music on the maps but I am working on it.

Thank you very much for the review!
  • Options
    tiborrustiborrus Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi!

I need your help:

- Which animation is in the Guardsmen Post, when the guard hold his arms and standing?

- which Effect is in the Crypt map(before the Lich battle) when the red(orange) lights moving(zigzags) in the room?

Thx!

I'am working on my quest, if this will published, I'm going to tell you!(sorry my english!)
  • Options
    stevedestinystevedestiny Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I will trade reviews for 'A Wayward Heart' [NW-DP3UINOHP]...thanks! Off to play and review your quest.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Review Notes for The Pack Strikes at Night.

Not a bad first foundry! Keep up the good work.

*Maps need music! Outdoor locations could use ambient sound or music to liven them up. I would use forest ambience at the lake.
    * Ambience: Add the interior fog to your outdoor maps to make them darker (spookier) add rain and lighting FX and these maps will feel better.
    *Encounters: On the lake map a lot of encounters felt like they were really waiting very patiently for their turn to fight with me. Make some of them wander around or hide behind boulders and set up ambush nodes on the wisp trail path for some more fluid battles.
    *Graveyard: Add some dead trees, fog, and make it night. Once again, some rain and lightning would give this area more life.
    *Crypt: desperately needs spooky music and a bit more deco.
    * Battle with Lich could be more challenging.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tiborrus wrote: »
    Hi!

I need your help:

- Which animation is in the Guardsmen Post, when the guard hold his arms and standing?

- which Effect is in the Crypt map(before the Lich battle) when the red(orange) lights moving(zigzags) in the room?

Thx!

I'am working on my quest, if this will published, I'm going to tell you!(sorry my english!)

The animation is "Talk, gloating". I am not english, so I don't know what the Hell it means, but it looks cool on the guardsmen XD

The effects you mention are only one: The Summoning Circle Pillar 01

I will trade reviews for 'A Wayward Heart' [NW-DP3UINOHP]...thanks! Off to play and review your quest.

Okay! I'll be reviewing it soon. Do you have a thread for this quest or shall I put the comments on my thread?

Review Notes for The Pack Strikes at Night.

Not a bad first foundry! Keep up the good work.

*Maps need music! Outdoor locations could use ambient sound or music to liven them up. I would use forest ambience at the lake.
    * Ambience: Add the interior fog to your outdoor maps to make them darker (spookier) add rain and lighting FX and these maps will feel better.
    *Encounters: On the lake map a lot of encounters felt like they were really waiting very patiently for their turn to fight with me. Make some of them wander around or hide behind boulders and set up ambush nodes on the wisp trail path for some more fluid battles.
    *Graveyard: Add some dead trees, fog, and make it night. Once again, some rain and lightning would give this area more life.
    *Crypt: desperately needs spooky music and a bit more deco.
    * Battle with Lich could be more challenging.

Yeah, I am having a little trouble with music: Indeed, the maps, even the Crypt, have music. The Lake, for example, has the gulls sound, though I don't know why it is not playing. The summoning circle sound where the Lich is is working, but dunno why anything else works! :(

About the ambience, I did not know if I should put the fog on the Crypt or not. No one else had put this comment, so I supposed there was no need of fog, but, if you say so, I'll put the fog.

I will do what you suggest on the Lake's Encounters.

For the Graveyard, I think I cannot do pretty much nothing: the map budget is full U_U Thought I'll look for some way to do it.

Thank you for the review!

And for anyone interested: the Quest is now Daily's, so you would have an additional reward if you play it ;) Thank you for taking your time playing it!

PD: I'll close the trade soon.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    There is a foundry bug for setting up music in the backdrop. It works on some maps, but not all, and I do not know why. However, you can easily beat that bug by placing a sound node directly on your maps--either during 2d layout edit or 3d edit. You can find the sound nodes under special. Note that some of the sounds and music will fade (get quieter) as you get further and further from the sound nodes and you might have to place more than one. With that in mind...it is possible to have different sounds in other areas of a map! I don't even use the music/sound feature in backdrop anymore. Just like other objects, npcs, and encounters, you can set up a sound node to trigger on and off at certain times. Thus you could have specific music per an objective or encounter! Hope this info helps!

There was a low fog on the ground in your crypt, I think, which looks great. If you make it darker in there, it might not be visible anymore. It does not have to be darker...I think the crypt really only needs the music and a bit more deco here and there. Sometimes some large pillars placed near the corners help the rooms feel 'filled in' and sarcophagus are great because they are big.

Graveyard will be fine as it is. Hope there is room for a sound/music node.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    deleted and all info posted above
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The review trade is now closed. However, if you like to put here the comments you have, you are free to do it. I will be revising the thread and reading your comments.

Thank you
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I played with my level 60 DC. I found everything functioned in the quest but I felt that it didn't have much of a story holding it together. The first half had a much better story than the second. If you developed the second half it would be a much stronger quest. Information about the Lich, who he was, why he was there, etc. For example: is he Bone, since it is Bone's Crypt?

Play through notes:

-when the urchin tells me to talk to Frinko he said "loose" and this should be "lose"
    -the fact that a spider broodswarm came from a wolf is really disturbing!
    -half of the respawn campfire is floating since it is on a hill. You will likely want to move that to the base of the hill
    -you may wish to consider having some of the enemies on the mountain path either wander or patrol as opposed to just waiting for the player. You do this as the lake itself I noticed
    -when inspecting the bottles at the lake I noticed that "take" is missing an E at the end
    -some other details in the two forest maps might be nice, shrubs and flowers for example
    -I liked the guard house, that isn't a map concept I've seen before. You probably would want to spell that "Guardsman's Post" I think
    -when reporting to Frinko in the guard house the word "amount" has one too many Ms
    -I like the explanation of the Spider wolves!
    -the Master Thief didn't seem to fit with the rest of the story, maybe she needs to be integrated some more?
    -in the Relic Hunter's interaction "Unbound" should be "unbind" or more likely "untie"
    -it would make more sense if the werewolves in the crypt were moving around. Spiders and undead make more sense to be sitting still but werewolves seem like they would be more active
    -right in the middle intersection a pillar is floating the air. I know this pillar and for some reason the pivot point is misplaced so it starts in the air like that even if you try to place it is on the ground.
    -in the area in which the Objective "Find the victims" is complete the completion text reads "There are some people on the room". It would be better if it said "in the room"
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    melinden wrote: »
    I played with my level 60 DC. I found everything functioned in the quest but I felt that it didn't have much of a story holding it together. The first half had a much better story than the second. If you developed the second half it would be a much stronger quest. Information about the Lich, who he was, why he was there, etc. For example: is he Bone, since it is Bone's Crypt?

Play through notes:

-when the urchin tells me to talk to Frinko he said "loose" and this should be "lose"
    -the fact that a spider broodswarm came from a wolf is really disturbing!
    -half of the respawn campfire is floating since it is on a hill. You will likely want to move that to the base of the hill
    -you may wish to consider having some of the enemies on the mountain path either wander or patrol as opposed to just waiting for the player. You do this as the lake itself I noticed
    -when inspecting the bottles at the lake I noticed that "take" is missing an E at the end
    -some other details in the two forest maps might be nice, shrubs and flowers for example
    -I liked the guard house, that isn't a map concept I've seen before. You probably would want to spell that "Guardsman's Post" I think
    -when reporting to Frinko in the guard house the word "amount" has one too many Ms
    -I like the explanation of the Spider wolves!
    -the Master Thief didn't seem to fit with the rest of the story, maybe she needs to be integrated some more?
    -in the Relic Hunter's interaction "Unbound" should be "unbind" or more likely "untie"
    -it would make more sense if the werewolves in the crypt were moving around. Spiders and undead make more sense to be sitting still but werewolves seem like they would be more active
    -right in the middle intersection a pillar is floating the air. I know this pillar and for some reason the pivot point is misplaced so it starts in the air like that even if you try to place it is on the ground.
    -in the area in which the Objective "Find the victims" is complete the completion text reads "There are some people on the room". It would be better if it said "in the room"

Hey!

Thank you for the review. I thought the hybrid (mix between spider and wolf) would make the enmies more varied. Sorry for the spell U_U And I put some wandering on the Frost Mountain :)
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Playing through now.

1.) The werewolves could use some customization.

2.) The Frost Mountain map can be skipped by leaving and coming back in.

3.) "strange wolves ont the way" should be "strange wolves on the way".

4.) Some of the magical wolves in Bone's Graveyard looked like spiders but were labeled as wolves.

5.) The Master thief says "fangerous" at one point. I assume she means "dangerous".

6.) The zombies could use some customization.

7.) Was I correct that the human boy's father was an elf?

8.) Liches always have a phylactery which will revive them after a couple days if not destroyed. Unless you plan to add a sequel it might be good to add that in there.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.