test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PerfectNW - is this a scam?

mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm guessing that other people have received an email from a site called PerfectNW which looks like a Neverwinter clone running on something called the "Perfect" server. The graphics and description make it look like the Perfect World Neverwinter, even down buying Zen. But I'm suspicious.

Does anyone know what's up with this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Its a dodgy site , you need to remove that link .
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That was a good idea. I've removed the link.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mungsu wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's up with this?
    Somebody stole code to run a server and is trying to cover the cost of running that server/make some extra cash by tricking people into spending money there.

Also, you should check for malware if you visit the site unless you want to risk having a keylogger steal your NW information. And if you're adventurous* enough to make a login to it, don't use the same email/login/password as here unless you really really want to give away your PWE account to someone you don't know.

*Read stupid.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This has been covered in multiple threads. This is not a legitimate site, but a private server.

If the email did NOT come from @perfectworld.com or @crypticstudios.com it isn't a legitimate email and should be disregarded and/or reported as spam to your ISP or email provider.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.