test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW 2014 buglist

gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Library
I think Its about time to put together a new buglist and dangle it in-front of the devs noses. Because I'm noticing huge problems since December or so with CWs in both PvP and PvE.

For an example High Vizier is broken with some powers like Steal Time and the shard, maybe even other powers. Steal Time is not giving any defense on live.

Armpen is not working with most of our powers like they should. I mean we are squishy as hell and without powers using armpen?!

The shard is not exploding at all times when it should and many times it just go right trough the enemies when Grasping Roots is active on the adds making it useless. Might be other powers too messing it up (not counting Singularity).

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stoxforum1stoxforum1 Banned Users Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    My test on arm pen:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?592081-Armor-penetration-a-serious-issue

Fondlez test on arm pen:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?548981-CW-Powers-not-benefitting-from-Armor-Penetration&highlight=armor

I'll throw this in too: there are a few skills that count as control such shard of the endless avalanche for HV and SW but not for archmage set, others count as non control for SW but control for the others such as icy rays. Can we get some kind of standardization here?

And let's not forget about all the powers other classes have that completely get rid of shard.

But yeah the roots and sing issue is hilarious to me. So if mobs are off the ground in a singularity that giant ball can't hit them, and if they're stuck to the ground by roots, shard can't hit them. Makes perfect sense that you can't hit them in the air or on the ground.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "CW:
    last 2 hits on magic missile, chill strike, coi, storm spell (may be based on whether or not the encounter that procced it benefited from armor pen), oppressive force, icy terrain, sudden storm (normal+mastery+dot in mastery), icy rays, ice knife"

Well LOOOOOOL if that is true... Why do we even stack armpen at all?!

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's actually still a smaller list than it used to be. It used to be that wizards who didn't stack Armor Pen did more damage than those who did. I stopped seeing that advice after Shadowmantle when some of the spells were fixed. However since then, it's been reported that the damage from shard (which does benefit from ArmPen IIRC) has been nerfed, so who knows?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It should be a Sticky (like Grimah's topic).

Bug list :
    >> Spell on tab seem to be not responding/lagging. Icy Ray need 3 key stroke instead of 2 & Chill Strike won't launch. I don't speak after being controlled (prone/stun) or with bad targeting.
    >> Shard won't explode, disappear, path through a pack of mob or have an erratic behaviour (I did some beautiful home-run because of graphic glitch on the ground).
    >> Rimefire is still very buggy

>> Tooltip incoherence (Vorpal don't increase Crit Severity tooltip)
    >> reaction time after Teleportation or on heavy fight

Improvement list
    >> Incoherence in what is a control and what isn't.
    >> Spell mastery incoherence. It's really powerful for some spell or just a little gameplay change for other (Icy terrain, Shard).
    >> interaction between some spell need to be more clear
    >> Oppressor last feat is totally underwhelming in PvE.
    >> More interesting feat linked to MoF/SpellStorm with more interaction with the path they are in. (drifting embers, ...)

edit : I have done some more test about Crit and Smolder/Rimefire
    >> CoI and Icy Terrain can crit. If the first tick is a crit, all other tick will crit too.
    Crit seem to be calculate on spell cast that both spell crit for all target at the same time. I haven't see a tick on only 1 target at time.

>> Smolder/Rimefire - damage seem to be delayed to the end of the effect that create it. If CoI crit, procing Smolder. It only start to do damage at the end of all damage related to CoI, like Elemental Empowerment.
    It's more tricky with Rimefire as it only start dealing damage after the effect that change it from Smolder into Rimefire. And because Rimefire can be refresh, it can only start dealing damage at the very end of the combat.
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited February 2014
    I wouldn't mind being able to hit with sudden strike while singularity is up popping or at least while its pulling which at this point it doesn't and theres no reason why it shouldn't.

sudden strike does crit very hard.

Coi crits too
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sudden Storm, Icy Terrain and CoI all crit.

I think everything is critting now except the firenado daily from MoF.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited February 2014
    I have edit my previous post but here what I found about Crit and Smolder/Rimefire

>> CoI and Icy Terrain can crit. If the first tick is a crit, all other tick will crit too.
    Crit seem to be calculate on spell cast that both spell crit for all target at the same time. I haven't see a tick on only 1 target at time.

>> Smolder/Rimefire - damage seem to be delayed to the end of the effect that create it. If CoI crit, procing Smolder. It only start to do damage at the end of all damage related to CoI, like Elemental Empowerment.
    It's more tricky with Rimefire as it only start dealing damage after the effect that change it from Smolder into Rimefire. And because Rimefire can be refresh, it can only start dealing damage at the very end of the combat.

It's easy to test :
    put CoI on tab, with CS and IT.
    time them so chill won't drop from the target (easy)
    keep you're rotation until you have a Crit, resulting into a Smolder hanged immediately into Rimefire
    keep you're rotation for a few minute.
    check you're combat log. There's no Rimefire's damage outside of the very end of the test.

I have tested Chilling Presence with CoI on Tab and CS.
    Both seem to work as I see ~3% damage augmentation when I slot it in place of Orb of Imposition, on the first tick of the spell.
    So chill is applied to the target before damage calculation
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    DoTs work the same for everything in the game. The crit is rolled before the damage. If the ability crits, ALL the ticks of that ability will crit.

Same thing for AOE powers. If the power is a crit, all the targets are critically hit.

And you're correct about the Rimfire interaction. I think there is an issue where in game the effect is applied, then the damage is actually calculated on the next tick. Since Rimfire is constantly being refreshed, the damage calculation never occurs.

The reason we don't see this interaction on regular chill stacks is because frost doesn't actually deal damage. I would imagine if there was something in the game that dealt damage when a chill stack was applied, we'd see the exact same behavior from sources applying or refreshing chill stacks.

This is also why I think you see a much higher proc rate on abilities that apply chill. The ability is counted as hitting "twice", once with the application of chill and once with the actually damage of the ability.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited February 2014
    But what I found is that Smolder is actually having the same behavior that Rimefire
    It seem less buggy only because it deal damage at the end of the spell that proc it, not at the end of the fight.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Icy ray: must be 3 tab clicks instead of 2.

Shard: no explosion just fading away; explosion but no animation (that's not a real problem)

Steal time: don't work after blink sometimes

Shadow Weaver set bug.
  • davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've had the cooldown on Icy Rays not appear until the third click of the power

OP > Might be worth you collecting all the reports into a list so it's easier for a Dev to read.
    edited February 2014
    Shard appearing to the side or behind your character mostly seems to be lag related though sometimes seems to be caused by terrain oddities or being very close to a wall (not facing it though). Mostly it seems to coincide with lag though.

I get the Icy Rays cooldown not showing up until a third click pretty much everytime I use the power.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The rimfire appearing after DoTs is annoying, but hardly gamebreaking.

Shard bugs drive me nuts, it isn't working properly.

Furious Immolation not critting makes the daily less useful than it should be. It is still good however.

The smolder being refreshed is actually not a problem, as you can keep the smolder damage going on and on and on for the whole fight.

The reason people don't like MoF is because you no longer win paingiver. That's because the smolder stacks are given to whomever refreshed them last, hence, a MoF CW starts the smolder, a SS refreshes it, the refreshed stack adds to SS's paingiver title. In long fights, smolder is 10% of a MoF dps and 5% of every other CW's DPS.

But as long as the goal is to kill effectively and not to win paingiver, there should be a problem.

From my experience, the shard, going into the mobs, not proning anything, can be a big problem when you really need that prone.

Secondly i would love it if spells worked while in sing. If the mobs can hit us from sing, shouldn't we be able to hit them?
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Fix Arp
    Fix Aoe classification on Sudden Storm
    Fix Arp
    Fix Evocation to work on ALL Aoe
    Fix Arp
    Fix spells that do not hit in Singularity and hunter "vines?"
    Fix Arp
    edited February 2014
    Here's a summary so far. Do you think any further information should be added?

1. Armor Penetration not working with these skills (biggest request!)
      • Conduit of Ice
      • Entangling Force
      • Ice Knife
      • Icy Rays
      • Repel
      • Ray of Enfeeblement
    2. High Vizier set: broken with some powers like Steal Time and the shard. Not giving defense
    3. Shard of Endless Avalanche: Not always exploding. Interference from other powers like Grasping Roots and Singularity
    4. Control Powers seem to change depending on what armour set you're wearing.
    5. [highlight]FIXED[/highlight]: Icy Rays on tab: requires three key presses
    6. [highlight]FIXED[/highlight]: Icy Rays: Cooldown doesn't appear after second keypress
    7. Icy Rays: Some AoE that deals no damage but triggers debuffs and abilities
    8. Icy Rays: Damage tooltip difference between character sheet powers tab and powers bar. Possibly classified as At-Will so it take no benefit from effects for encounters skills (see http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?599841-CW-2014-buglist&p=7436921&viewfull=1#post7436921 )
    9. Icy Rays: If you aim at different targets it will do 2,000 damage to each (4,000 total damage). If you aim both at the same target it will do 3,500 damage, or 1750 per icy ray. 12.5% less damage. The tooltip states "spell effectiveness is increased if both beams are fired at one target"
    10. Rimefire: damage seem to be delayed to the end of the effect that create it (eg CoI)
    11. Cold spells interfering with smoulder
    12. Steal time: don't work after blink sometimes
    13. Shadow Weaver set bug (more details required)
    14. [highlight]FIXED in IWD[/highlight]Furious Immolation not critting
    15. Sudden Storm: AoE classification
    16. Sudden Storm: on Tab has DoT but this DoT doesn't seems to proc Storm Spell or Rampaging Madness. Now procing Eye of the Storm
    17. Evocation to work on ALL Aoe (no discernible difference on SS - SotEA works now)
    18. Tooltip incoherence: (Vorpal don't increase Crit Severity tooltip, what powers are control powers)
    19. Tooltip inconsistencies: The tooltips for Icy terrain and Conduit of Ice give the damage per second. The tooltip for Ray of Enfeeblement gives the total damage. It would be nice if there were consistency.
    20. SotEA Tooltop: Gives no information about the damage of shard explosion. It only gives the shard slam damage.
    21. Chill Strike: can't cancel lengthy animation by teleporting
    22. Chill Strike: on spell mastery slot does less damage to the main target. Research has suggested a particular feat is causing this.
    23. Chill Strike - tool tip doesn't show updated range with Far Spell feat
    24. Chill Strike - Far Spell doesn't increase range with Chill Strike on Mastery
    25. Magic Missile - tool tip doesn't show updated range with Far Spell feat
    26. Ray of Enfeeblement - doesn't show the cooldown time when in tab
    27. Enemies affected by Singularity are immune to damage from Sudden storm, Shard of endless avalanche and Oppressive force
    28. Storm Pillar's secondary pillar of lightning cannot crit (WAI?)
    29. Storm Pillar: AoE classification
    30. Storm Pillar's pillar of lightening can be hit and pushed by mobs.
    31. Conduit of Ice: AoE classification
    32. Icy Terrain: hides red areas of enemy power attacks
    33. Reaper's touch: has no effect on Magic Missile when Snap Freeze is also picked.
    34. Ray of Frost: Beam regularly disappearing
    35. Maelstrom of Chaos: It does not crit, even under the effect of EotS.
    36. Maelstrom of Chaos: does not receive bonus from enemy mitigation reduction (such as HV debuff or RoE)
    37. Maelstrom of Chaos: does not improve as you increase your strength or Intelligence. It's the only spell that does not improve with strength. Intelligence does not increase our damage by 1% per point over 10 if certain spells are exempt.
    38. Ray of Enfeeblement: applies six hits of damage. When tabbed you get two charges. If you use the second charge before before all six hits of damage from the first charge have hit, you will lose any remaining hits from the first cast. So, cast, two hits of damage ring up, cast again, and you get six more hits--you lose the remaining four hits from the first cast.
    39. AOE buffs need to be included in the tool tip as standard. Chill Strike on tab and Conduit of Ice are affected by the feat Wizard's Wrath but not Evocation. Wizard's Wrath damage is not included in Conduit of Ice's tooltip. Wizard's wrath damage is included in Ice Storm's tooltip.
  • trterror1trterror1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What shadow weaver set bug? There's a icd if you cant keep measured spellcasting or reckless abandon going. And its not a long on either.
    edited February 2014
    I don't know. Perhaps kozi001 can provide more information?

I'm happy to expand more on the list, and edit/remove if needed.
  • vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    davecheese wrote: »
    Here's a summary so far. Do you think any further information should be added?
    1. Armor Penetration not working with all our skills (biggest request!)
    2. High Vizier set: broken with some powers like Steal Time and the shard. Not giving defense
    3. Shard of Endless Avalanche: Not always exploding. Interference from other powers like Grasping Roots and Singularity
    4. Control Powers seem to change depending on what armour set you're wearing.
    5. Icy Rays on tab: requires three key presses
    6. Icy Rays: Cooldown doesn't appear after second keypress
    7. Rimefire: damage seem to be delayed to the end of the effect that create it (eg CoI)
    8. Cold spells interfering with smoulder
    9. Steal time: don't work after blink sometimes
    10. Shadow Weaver set bug.
    11. Furious Immolation not critting
    12. Aoe classification on Sudden Storm
    13. Evocation to work on ALL Aoe
    14. Tooltip incoherence (Vorpal don't increase Crit Severity tooltip, what powers are control powers)

Good list.
    Pity that list has existed since FOREVER.

Expected ETA for fixes: never
  • nwforum1nwforum1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vvv459 wrote: »
    Good list.
    Pity that list has existed since FOREVER.

Expected ETA for fixes: never

Yeah man, high prophet boots are still BoP... lol
    edited February 2014
    I haven't heard this from anyone else, but I can't seem to cancel the lengthy Chill Strike animation by teleporting. That's gotten me killed in enough boss fights, the power comes off my bar even when single target is the only game.

Also, Sudden Storm doesn't work on targets affected by Singularity, same as Shard.
    edited February 2014
    I confirm for Chill Strike and I suspect other Encounter to have the same behaviour on particular situation.

For Singularity, Grimah's guide clearly say "Enemies affected by singularity are also immune to damage from Sudden storm, Shard of endless avalanche and Oppressive force".
    The affected target being immune to the control of this spell can be OK. But Why can't they do damage ?
    edited February 2014
    I've updated my post. Thank you!
    edited February 2014
    Excuse the double post. I've added the list over to the bug forum at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?606781-Control-Wizard-bug-list and already it's on page two. I guess posting it before an update wasn't the wisest idea :/
  • iwontpostderpiwontpostderp Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    trterror1 wrote: »
    What shadow weaver set bug? There's a icd if you cant keep measured spellcasting or reckless abandon going. And its not a long on either.

Set Bonus starts to go on cooldown even if you do your best to keep your stacks up, and I'm pretty sure the icd is of 2 or 3 minutes, you call it short?
    edited February 2014
    Can someone tell me the last time he see Shard not crit ?
    Personally, I can't remember.

I think that Shard always criting should be added to the list. Maybe adding the fact that it always crit in the tooltip is the easier change.

edit : after verification, it can also not criting.
  • vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    nathyiel wrote: »
    Can someone tell me the last time he see Shard not crit ?
    Personally, I can't remember.

I think that Shard always critting should be added to the list. Maybe adding the fact that it always crit in the tooltip is the easier change.

Shard doesnt crit plenty of times, can't always time it to go after eots proc :(

Get your facts straight before spreading misinformation.
    edited February 2014
    I was thinking of editing but you reply during my test :
    On 30 cast on Preview with 33.4% crit , I have obtain 10 crit and 20 non-crit on dummies.
    I have exclude all cast when other people have put a debuff or something on the target, to be more consistent.

I was pretty sure too crit a lot more than that during fight.

One think I have check during this test : all Smolder resulting of a crit by Critical Conflagration was a crit.

edit : I was in thaum and only casting SoEA when ready.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    +1
    Sudden Storm on Tab has Dot but this Dot doesn't seems to proc anything (Storm Spell, Eye of the Storm, Rampaging Madness )
    It seems to be working at preview though.
  • trippysmurf1trippysmurf1 Member Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    The armor pen bug report has been updated with MoF and current tests. Look at all the broken skills other classes have as well.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    The armor pen bug report has been updated with MoF and current tests. Look at all the broken skills other classes have as well.

Has anyone stopped to think about what kind of nerfs will need to be implemented to CW damage if ARP is ever 'fixed'?

Or are there seriously people out there who feel that CW's damage is too low currently?
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC