test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HR classfeature Lone wolf

xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
It looks like that lone wolf does nothing at all in pvp now. When i was fighting with/without Lone Wolf, i always had the same amount of dmg recution in the combat log and it was all based on my tenecity against players that drop my dr to 0.
Post edited by xmousepadx on

Comments

• Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lone Wolf wouldn't grant you any benefits if the enemy has sufficient Armor Penetration to overcome it + your defense/AC
  • Options
    kunekadenkunekaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Lone Wolf wouldn't grant you any benefits if the enemy has sufficient Armor Penetration to overcome it + your defense/AC

First, that is an assumption. I have not seen or done any tests about whether or not arp goes through Aspect of the Lone Wolf....guess I will add that to my list of things to do.

Second, please name a player with 50% or more Armor Penetration.

EDIT: Just tested on preview. I can't find anything wrong with the skill in a 1v1 PvE situation. Maybe this has something to do with pvp/tenacity? I highly doubt that I can get 9 others to go on test to confirm.

LIVE with wolf ON and 33.1% base DR
    live-wolf1.png
    (shows +20% DR)

TEST with wolf ON and 31.6% base DR
    test-wolf1-1.png
    (shows +20% DR)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    kunekaden2 wrote: »
    First, that is an assumption. I have not seen or done any tests about whether or not arp goes through Aspect of the Lone Wolf....guess I will add that to my list of things to do.

Second, please name a player with 50% or more Armor Penetration.

EDIT: Just tested on preview. I can't find anything wrong with the skill in a 1v1 PvE situation. Maybe this has something to do with pvp/tenacity? I highly doubt that I can get 9 others to go on test to confirm.

LIVE with wolf ON and 33.1% base DR
    live-wolf1.png
    (shows +20% DR)

TEST with wolf ON and 31.6% base DR
    test-wolf1-1.png
    (shows +20% DR)

Yes it was late when i made the post!
    So it works in a pve zone but it does nothing in a pvp zone!

I tested it against ppl that have 33% arp and my dr was at 28%.
    So i should still get atleast 15% bonus dr from lone wolf, which doesnt appear in the combat log.
    I sadly didnt save the combat log, ill do it as soon as i get enough ppl for testing it.
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I tested it with a friend. I don't have the log, but I tested it with 1% DR + lone wolf (had defense boon) and his 29% arpen reduced my damage resistance to 0%. On the other hand, Oak Skin and Boar's Hide are flat damage reduction boosts (ie 10% becomes 20%, 33% beomce 43%) that cannot be reduced by arpen. Tested that as well.

As for test server, hope that isn't true with the rate at which things get fixed.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    yes lone wolf gets reduced with arp, not sure if its intended. But in my matchups i didnt get anything from it.
    To get the results i was looking at he would have needed over 45% arp and thats not possible.
  • Options
    oewefreestaroewefreestar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kunekaden2 wrote: »
    I can't find anything wrong with the skill in a 1v1 PvE situation.

I'm sorry, I have to comment on this. In my day, 1v1 pvp was used as a joke. My friends and myself would constantly duel each other in Mos Eisley (yes i'm talking about star wars galaxies) and "/yell 1v1 IS EVERYTHING! COME AT ME BRO! DOESNT EVEN AFRAID!!!" and then proceed to be facerolled by a bunch of imperials that would /pvp inside the space port and we didnt see them until it was too late (we were always flagged as special forces xD)

but I'm sure 1v1 IS everything in neverwinter ;)

edit - in my 12+ hours of no sleep I saw AFTER i typed all that that you said pve...

I will haze myself accordingly...
  • Options
    kunekadenkunekaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014

edit - in my 12+ hours of no sleep I saw AFTER i typed all that that you said pve...

I will haze myself accordingly...

Good boy. /10char