test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cannot type in party channel

ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
from time to time i stop being able to type in the party channel. it happens from one moment to the next, not sure yet under what circumstances, today it seems to have been at leaving phantasmal fortress.
then i get a yellow error message saying
Cannot find channel "TeamID_Dragon16115457"
(today's message)
i can still read the channel.

sometimes the error left after exit of neverwinter and force checking files at restart... sometimes it doesnt for some days, then again corrects suddenly.
did anybody have a similar problem? do you know how to correct it?
Post edited by ilmenira on

Comments

• nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Primarily due to chat tabs saving the last used channel.

Just switch to a different channel and then back to party channel to force the system to refresh
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, this keeps happening to me, and in fact I considered filing a bug report about it yesterday, but it was late in the day.

It used to happen very infrequently prior to Shadowmantle except for specific circumstances like after leaving or being kicked from a group and entering a new one. Now, it seems to be guaranteed to happen on any sort of instance/zone change, including each run in a multi-run dungeon farm.

The only way I know to "solve" it is to keep repeating party chat until it fixes itself. Incidentally, I use "/p " to access party chat, in case that matters.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thank you nwnghost and fondlez! :-)
    yes, fondlez, what you say sounds quite like my experience, though i don't get the bug as "reliably"... i also use /p ...
    and yes, i also got the impression it happens more since shadowmantle, and quite a bit more during the last 1 or 2 weeks...
    meanwhile i'll try talk via /zone in parties... or through one of the other partymembers via pm...
  • vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    It appears to always happen when upon entering a dungeon/etc the party is briefly reformed. It even gives you the massage "you are no longer member of a party".

The bug is either the random party reform thing or the fact that the stupid chat is unable to switch party chat mode to the new party automatically.

To fix you have to type /p again. Annoying.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vvv459, the last 2 times it happened to me it was within the same party of two persons. i think the last time happened when leaving phantasmal fortress after finishing it together. outside party channel stopped working for me, i only could read it. after that i try relog, restart, force check files, restart computer and each time after getting back to party tested /p ... didn't help though...