test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DPS advice?

nowhere64nowhere64 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37
edited January 2014 in The Wilds
Does anyone use ACT or another parser in this game? I haven't bothered, and am still leveling my HR up.

I'd be interested in data on what actually works best in group/solo play. So far, it seems like split the sky/thorn ward and split strike for groups in instances, and a combination of split, a couple single targets (disruptive shot and maybe binding) and thorn and fox melee when solo.

Any other thoughts for a newbie?
Post edited by nowhere64 on

Comments

• Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I don't have ACT working yet, but I may be able to help...

for group play that's melee heavy, use split the sky. Otherwise, just keep your normal rotation.

If you are range spec, then commanding shot, binding shot are your good ranged hits. They snare/root the target. Aimed shot and split shot for at-wills, which are main DPS tools of HR.

If you are melee spec, then boar's rush, fox shift, marauder's rush. aim strike /clear the ground for melee at-wills. It's a good mobile setup there that gives you buffs in ranged stance and good hits in melee. Aim strike/shot gives you strong range if needed, otherwise solid dot and clear the ground is a fast, rapid flurry of blows in melee. Don't have to aim either, which is a perk.

nature spec I believe generally goes the ranged style for buffs to others + dps at range with split shot.

Solo play, aim shot opener + split shot spam = dead stuff.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well its tough because the best powers to use depend on the situation however...

Ranged/Nature Solo:
    Enc: Binding Shot/Thorn Ward/Fox's Shift you can replace Binding with Constricting (Archery) or Commanding (Nature)
    Daily: Disrupting/Ghost
    Features: Twin-Blade Storm/Stormstep
    At-Wills: Rapid/Split you can replace Rapid with Aimed for encounters with big slow moving things (eg Death Spire boss).

Archery Party
    Enc: Split the Sky/Thorn Ward and either Rain or Fox's or Constricting (personally I use Fox's)
    Daily: Disrupting/Ghost
    Features: Twin-Blade Storm/Stormstep
    At-Wills: Rapid/Split you can replace Rapid with Aimed for encounters with big slow moving things

Nature:
    Either the same as Archery or for more buffs run Binding/Commanding/Fox's as encounters and run Aspect of the Pack instead of Stormstep.

Hybrid & Combat I'm still working on but I expect them to be very different and probably more build dependant than the other 2.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Archery I like to run ...
    Enc: Split the Sky, Rain of Arrows, and Commanding Shot
    Daily: Forest Ghost, Disrupting Shot
    Feature: Twin-Blade Storm, Aspect of the Pack or Lone Wolf depending if there's another Archer
    At-will: Aimed Shot, Split Shot
    - Note even though I'm hybrid I still run this in most dungeons to good effect. The fact is most fights get so thick with adds that it's easy to get overwhelmed, and our poor little archer bodies aren't meant for that kind of abuse. Split the Sky is a definite must have in this build for the extra attack buff (Throw Caution). Open every fight with it.

Solo/Skirmishes
    Enc: Marauder's Escape/Rush, Rain of Arrows (can you tell I like this skill?), Hindering Shot/Strike
    Daily: Disrupting Shot, Forest Meditation
    Feature: Twin-Blade Storm, Aspect of the Lone Wolf
    At-Will: Rapid Shot, Split Shot
    - Basic rotation starts with Split Shot to aggro and clear trash, then MR in, Hindering Strike to root and AoE, RoA on the heaviest target (usually the one I MR on), ME out, then either Rapid or Split to clean up.

Boss tanking I run the solo setup, but swap Rain of Arrows for Fox Shift and Split Shot for Aimed Shot
  • Options
    nowhere64nowhere64 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37
    edited January 2014
    Thanks guys. how long does the throw caution buff last btw?
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    15 seconds on a 20 second cool down. Usually I can manage to get all of my AoE down plus commanding and still have enough time for a shot of Aimed Shot, or two to three of Split Shot