test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What can groups with a wide level range do?

wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hi,

My friends are getting into the game and we get together once a week to do a group event, but we are all over the place in levels. The CTA was nice, because we could go in as a group and it would bump up the lower level folks.

We've entered dungeons via the front door so we could crawl it together, but the lower level folks couldn't help much and the high level folks borked the XP.

What can we, as a group, do together? Anything? Will Foundry quests scale everyone to the same level?

Thanks,
--Todd
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Foundries scale to the highest player level.

So nothing unless you just like to hang out and chat.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    paserantpaserant Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    you can help them finish quests faster
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Why does it have to be combat? I was in guilds in both WoW and Secret World, and by far the most fun thing we did had nothing to do with combat at all. I'm talking RP-events, where we all stayed in-character and followed some sort of story or event. It was a heck of a lot more fun than the repetitive, endless combat. There's nothing wrong with having fun for a change. ;)

Edit: Though if you insist on the combat and questing, what if everyone made a new character just for the group that will only be played when the group is together? (except if someone misses out on a meeting, they are allowed to catch up.) This means everyone will be the same level and on the same quests. Problem solved! :)
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you're the high level buy the lower levels some rank 5 azures to put in utility slots. Give it a week and all of you will be at level 60 and the problem will be solved.
  • Options
    wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the suggestions. We do plenty of goofing around and having fun outside of combat, but we like to tackle the content as a team as well. The CTA weekend was great since we could group and all get bumped up so we could fight together. I was hoping for something similar when CTA's aren't running.

Also we aren't super regular players, so we'd never be able to coordinate leveling up together. I guess we'll just goof around through dungeons with a wide level spread until everyone maxes out. As said, it doesn't take too long.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sadly, the CTAs, a few of the other events and the artifact quest are the only 'leveled' content in the game. It's my hope that at some point there will be permanent leveled instances for this sort of thing, but the devs have never commented on such a thing.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother