test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, what's the highest GS possible?

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
OK, this is just for fun - I do realize that gear score may be less important than skill and I also know that having the highest gear score may actually mean a substantially weaker character than a different build can give.

However, there are people that are...well, maybe not obsessed with GS, but consider it extremely important, and I wonder if someone has actually calculated what the highest possible GS for the different classes actually is.

It would presumably include 3 maxed-out artifacts (giving +3000 GS), all the boon selections that increase stats,
purple stat-boosting companions like the Mercenary and Renegade Illusionist that boost two stats, R10 enchants in all slots and whatever purple gear that gives the highest stats for each class.

This is the easy part - the tough part is to determine the ability/feat selection that would maximize the total GS number. So, I wonder if somebody has actually calculated this, or even build a character (maybe on the preview server) to test this.

It seems to me that the maximum will be a bit over 18K for most classes, but close to 20K for GF at least.....but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong here.
Hoping for improvements...
Post edited by adinosii on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well I can't speak for myself personally since I'm only 13.7 on my ranger, but I've personally witnessed a guardian with 19.1 and a great weapon touting 18.8. No idea what their builds looked like, but their damage was insane. The guardian alone out-damaged the wizard in our group by almost double (and he was rocking a hefty 14.6).
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Meh, my guild has a DC around 17k :)

However, a GF with all the HP-related feats would seem to be the best bet for this silliness. Around 20k sounds about right, based on edge cases seen on live.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Highest I've seen was over 21.5k on a gf and he didnt have all r10s and l100 artifacts so I guess even higher values are possible
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Soo, who is going to copy half a guild over, pool enchants, and find out? :)
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There is a fellow on the legit channel 21k + on his GF and very, very high GS's on his other toons (Can't remember them off hand but it was crazy high on 3 or 4 others. I have a 18k GF, 16.5K GWF, 15K+ TR etc... and I was like "holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>"! - what is the max though hard to say but of course it would be a GF and then scale down from there likely it's north of 22k with a "can't do anymore" toon if there was one out there....
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    23~~ k is kinda max for GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thing to bear in mind is that GF's and GWF's tend to have higher GS than other classes due to feats. So that 21k gs might only be 15-16 if he was another class.
  • mycillemycille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited January 2014
    23.4k gf here : http://i.imgur.com/7QilgMp.jpg

24k is definitely doable.
    25k? i don't think it is possible now but later why not^^.
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    probably is if u use Timeless Shield/Weapon ( they give more GS over all then set weapons ) also artifacts at level 100 and soon new artifact adding power is comeing out so ye i guess 25k is posible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »
    probably is if u use Timeless Shield/Weapon ( they give more GS over all then set weapons ) also artifacts at level 100 and soon new artifact adding power is comeing out so ye i guess 25k is posible.

Level 100 artifacts from what I remember don't give any additional stats just a benefit to the active ability, so I don't think that would raise GS.
  • dragonelete1dragonelete1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    actually they give higher stats in 3 places 1 of the stats they give will be +400 and the other 2 will be +300 when an artifact reaches lvl 100
    edited January 2014
    actually they give higher stats in 3 places 1 of the stats they give will be +400 and the other 2 will be +300 when an artifact reaches lvl 100
    Sigh just had a birthday, can tell I'm getting older then as my brain is going spongy. =P Thanks for the info.
  • zibraliszibralis Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've a TR with 18472 GS (1x Level100 artifact, 2x Level99). If I go all rank 10, it will have 18752 GS. If I only use companions which give +2*165 stat increasements, the maximum I believe I can attain is 18882.

If you maximize GS you end up with stats increasing you do not want/need. So my fighting-GS is usually around 17.9k.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Not strictly true. The 300-300-400 stat combo is achieved at 99. Only result of getting that final rank is the spell effect also increases to its maximum.

From my back of the envelope calculations against my GF, I agree with an earlier poster that the maximum current Gear Score is over 24k, excluding possible random GS additions from things like certain Utility enchants (unconfirmed).

However, this also assumes the Gear Score calculation works the same way at all stat levels and is not dependent on ability scores. Also, how HP is calculated into Gear Score remains a big mystery. On some classes, e.g. TR, it would appear to act as a percentage effect, e.g. (approx.) 3% HP is 100 GS, on others there is no similar pattern. HP from augment companions also counts but not in the same way.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There is a 25k GF outhere, but he sucks.

Pure strength GF, half orc, radiant 10 in all power slots and savage/cruel/brutals in the other slots, 3 gs increasing legendary artifacts, and 5 gs increasing pets will get you close to 26k... till you block, then it drops to 18 lol :)
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited January 2014
    With perfect enchants, maxed artifacts and all your boons, as well as X2 T2 sets for double stat set bonuses and weapon set for set stats -.- I could see a GF hittin near 25k
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While i have heard of such high stats with stat pets, i normally find something better than stat pets (they are all at DR anyway).

That said, insane looking GF :D As long as the lifesteal is enough to sustatin yourself, that must hit like a train. I have a GF at almost 19k, but I have some better defensive stats.